1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

New laptop, need help

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Graeme1888, Dec 24, 2018.

Discuss New laptop, need help in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Was wondering what your guys thoughts are on the Dell G315 Gaming laptop? I realise that its a wee bit pricey and I should maybe look at a desktop instead but I am constantly moving about so setting one up doesnt really make sense right now.

To be honest I want to play games on it that aren't exactly new, I have an Xbox one for all that. Like I want to play The Total war games comfortably, football manager, close combat, maybe Pubg etc.

Any feedback would be amazing! :50:

2. shaw1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone / Let the people sing
    Have a look at the HP Omen... They have an i7 16gb ram and a 1070 graphics card... Coupled with a pair of b&o speakers... 144hz screen.... Rrp around 1500. Expensive but will take anything you throw at it... It also thin light and portable.... It has a near bordeless screen to so keeps it a bit more compact

3. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Hmm I was looking for something way cheaper like between 500-700 tbh man, that does sound like a potential one in the future though

4. Onefootwonder

You're always going to get a better desktop PC for gaming compared to a laptop.

A good gaming laptop ends up really expensive.

5. Bonobhoy

Yep...i was looking for a gaming laptop for the new year.....very expensive tbh.

To run PUBG you need at least a 1060 Nvidia card in a laptop.....and already that hits about £900.

Unless you get a second hand one,or pay one up over months you be lucky to get a really good gaming laptop at that price.