1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

New back four and keeper for the 10

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by belfastcelt, Jun 4, 2019.

Discuss New back four and keeper for the 10 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    i know I’ve mentioned on other threads on what positions we need to strengthen in the summer.

But the more I think about it the more I believe even if we just strengthened the defensive side of our squad in this window, it’s the big marker to put us on a steady course to the 10

Gk - We need at least solid competition for Bain. Noises now that Gordon wants out. With both Gordon and DDV away we would have good scope in the wage department to bring in a potential number 1

RB - A decision needs to be made weather to offer Lustig a contract on reduced terms or keep Ralston as number 2 instead or even loan Ralston out and sign a back up right back.
    Either way a first choice right back is a priority. With Toljan and Gomboa away and maybe Lustig, we also have the scope in wages to bring two in.

CB - Along with first choice right back this is a priory. Ideally two first choice right backs. With Ajer and Jozo are only real alternative outside of Hendry or Bitton. I’d happy punt Hendry and Bitton and release commpar. The wages freed up there including Benkovic and Boyata again brings the scope to fund the wages of two first choice centre backs.

LB - simply KT stays and starts. But we need cover for him. Izzy is gone and we need to replace him.

Outside of that, of course I’d love a new number 7 and striker.

We have Allen Weah Burke off the books also

But I’m midfield we have - McGregor brown Christie ntcham koussi rogic mulumbu Henderson

On the wings - Forrest Hayes Sinclair MJ Dembele Sheved Morgan

Striker - Eddy Griffiths Bayo

So with the wages saved from Allen Weah Burke and maybe getting 2 or 3 out on loan and moving another couple on, we could finance both the number 7 and striker transfer fee and wages from midfield on, and use the full transfer budget on the defensive set up. Ie don’t spread the costs :)

With so many out the door this season, we have a chance unlike must other seasons to bring the right quality through the door and offer them a more competitive wage due to what has been freed up.

We have the guile and the craft within that existing midfield and strikers. What this squad needs is more bodies within that defensive set up to make instant impacts.

Bain Ajer Jozo KT need them 6 players and send a message to the whole of Scotland we mean business.

20 million should do the business

2. clonbhoy

There seems to be about twenty threads that are very similar!

3. Murph-E

As long as we stay open to selling Tierney, Edouard and Ntcham, any fee received could be spread across a few loan replacements.

paulmcq1888 likes this.
  4. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    :s:

Murph-E likes this.