1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

New away kit

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Golden God, May 1, 2012.

Discuss New away kit in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I'm pretty sure it's the real deal, the hoops on this one looks thinner as well, same as on the new home kit.

2. magoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky/ Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    That strip was one of my favourites Super, hope it has the black shorts too, with a green stripe down each side on the pants. :50:

3. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    It's scheduled for launch the end of the month but they are "subject to changes" all the dates ,the pr reveal was meant to be the same day as the home aswell.

Really looking forward to the "pine" green an black hoops think the 3rd is meant to be white aswell I think

4. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    It will be Brown and silver hoops with purple shorts and gold socks :bbpd:....

[​IMG]

5. Artur Boruc #1

Hopefully it's a decent one this time as I've not thought too much of any of our away kits since about '07.

6. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
    What time is it revealed

7. Heisenberg

the black and green stripes was my favourite away kit we've ever had

8. Heisenberg

said on the twitter afternoon

9. Larsson93

:50: Yes Please!!

10. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
    So 12ish then. Crap I'll be at school again.

11. Mr.Q

can't wait to lay my eyes on it...

12. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Was never a fan of that kit for some reason.

Never got all the love for it, wasn't that special. The gold ntl/ntl:home digital tv tops, now they were the dugs danglies :50:

13. coneybhoy

I agree. Would love to see another gold away kit, would love to see another 'Black magic' top it was class.

14. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Aye the black magic was nice as well :50:

15. Jollygreengiant

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently Charlie Mulgrew===altime Jinky +Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I remember around 3/4 years ago a law was passed on Alcohol advertising on sporting team wear and it was that the Alcohol companies logo could only be a certain size,making it smaller.
    The Tennents logo on the one above,The black and grey hoops has the full size logo and as such think its a fake.
    Its my opinion that the new away shirt will be similar to that of 1919 similar to Dundee Utds home shirt bit Green with a white V.

16. CelticFC1967

It's the same size as this season? The law says kid sizes can't have alcohol sponsors

17. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic Football Club

Our new away kit will be launched at Lennoxtown at approx 12.45 this afternoon. News and pics to follow this afternoon (gk)

18. Jollygreengiant

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It wasnt to start back then, there was objections and the like,the agreed to reduce the font size of the logos and the aim was to phase out alcohol sponsorship to reduce booze culture, I assumed when I saw the shirt and the huns shirt that,that was the likely reason why,have to have a look at other clubs with alcohol sponsorship for confirmation of that though.

19. CelticFC1967

Nah Tennent's have stated that they reduced the sizing on both kits as they were both commemorating events and that they didn't want to spoil the strips by having too big a logo on it:

Main club sponsor Tennent’s Lager, a supporter of Scottish football for almost 40 years, has changed its branding on the Club’s home shirts to mark the club’s 125th Anniversary.

The logo will now appear below the club crest on the left breast of the shirt rather than across the chest as in previous seasons.

Tennent’s believe that the way in which the brand has been incorporated into the new strip is a fitting way to celebrate the Club’s 125th anniversary.

This move has been welcomed by the Club, and will be appreciated by the supporters who will wear this classic kit.

Steve Annand, Commercial Managing Director for Tennent Caledonian Breweries, said: “When we were approached about the new kit designs and talked through the sentiments behind this special anniversary for the club we wanted to play our part to help create what will become a truly classic Celtic shirt, we have achieved this in a positive way.

“The kit design is based on the original world-famous Hoops first worn in 1903 and we feel our branding fits this perfectly.”

Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell said: "We´re very grateful to Tennent´s for the way in which they have recognised and shown such commitment to the Club´s 125th Anniversary season.

"It is magnificent that we will enter our 125th season as Champions of Scotland and we are sure that our supporters will enjoy celebrating this very important milestone.

“We have enjoyed an excellent relationship with Tennent’s during our very successful partnership and they are without doubt one of the finest brands with which we have had the privilege to work.

“Tennent´s have been one of the most important brands in Scottish football over a number of decades, we thank all those at Tennent´s for their support and we look forward to continuing this great relationship."

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
  20. Jollygreengiant

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I read that aswell, but I doubt very much Tennent would say,"oh we've had to reduce the logo cause the govt doesnt want sport to promote alcohol culture".
    Think that's Tennents way of putting a positive spin on whats probably a negative in their brand.