1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Agreed and tbf winning quite comfortably 3-1 at Rugby Park is a good result that we'd take every time. You're never going to get great football on that pitch. I was happy with the performance.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: “I’m looking forward to tomorrow. It’s nice to be back at home. We played well against Ross County in both our games this season so hopefully more of the same."

NL: "
    @JeremieFrimpong
    won’t be fit for tomorrow. He’s had a scan and we are waiting on the results. We don’t think it’s as bad as we first anticipated.”

NL: “The challenge was overly aggressive and could have easily been a red card. We’ll hopefully get him back as quickly as possible.

NL: “I’m delighted with the contribution of
    @Oedouard22
    and
    @Leighgriff09
    . It’s given us some food for thought. The shape’s worked quite well, we’ve created good chances and played some super football.”

NL: “Leigh's got the bit between the teeth. He’s been training well and it's great to see him back scoring goals and enjoying his football again

NL on Ismaila Soro: “We were hoping he would be here tomorrow but there’s been a hold up with the paperwork so he'll hopefully be here early next week.

NL on Ewan Henderson: "He’s played for us in a qualifier so he’ll be around the first-team training, we can’t loan him out to another club. We would’ve liked him to play more games but it’s good to see him back and he enjoyed his experience."

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Got the substitution bang on today. Soon as eddy was off the bench the game was no more.
    Put to bed

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Performances and selections posing more questions than answers.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL:
    impact
    @Oedouard22
    made when he came on was huge. The game really opened up and I thought we could have scored a few more towards the end. In the context of the season, it’s a brilliant win and keeps the momentum going."

NL:

@Oedouard22
    had an x-ray last night and his foot was in a boot. We were concerned he wouldn’t do the 90 minutes but he looked fresh and had an incredible impact. He should be okay for Wednesday."

NL:
    "I was delighted with some of the other performances as well. McGregor,
    @mikeyjohnston10
    coming back was good and Forrest looked more like his old self so there were a lot of good things to come out of the game."

We’re not sure
    @JeremieFrimpong
    will be fit for Wednesday but it’s not bad and isn’t going to be long term."

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Strange line-up today and change of formation..

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

A lot of players out Tbf, but still Bauer and Hayes and no Rogic, game was crying out for some of his finesse..

Really hope Soro comes in and is raring to, because we need much more tempo in the midfield. Broonie can’t play every game.

Christie, Elyonoussi, Elhamed, Ajer, Frimpong, all missing but hopefully all not too far away.

Add Soro and another CB hopefully into the mix and maybe get a more of a look at Klimala on Wed..

Mince.Charming and KRS-1888 like this.
  9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    As I said to get Forrest back in the team * riot!

10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Couldn’t really play a 3-5-2 tho, with Ajer, Bitton and Elhamed all injured.

Forrest has been mostly excellent this season as well tbf

Keano88 likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye but even before kick off most of us thought it looked flat..

He still doesn't know his best 11 or formation. Still feels like he's searching for it..

The most bizzare thing about our midfield being overrun more and more from the start of December roughly....is due to the non-existent rotation in the middle compared to everywhere else. Why no bring a Robertson in for McGregor today. Why no start a Rogic as we don't even need a sitting Broony if we've got attacking midfielders bossing them and causing problems..

McGregor still hasn't really had a break and Broony is 34 and never ever gets subbed off either to save legs....when we're winning well as well..

I don't get a lot of it if I'm honest..

We need to find an A and B and stick to it. Other side's do it and then rotate and the few who come in slot in nicely to the in place system..

We seem to throw player's in and it's like a mish mash hit and hope. Morgan is a prime example of that and it's happened a fair bit this season where we've brought 2 or 3 in and our team has looked much poorer and easy to play against and counter..

12. Martybhoy53

Christie in for Ntcham from now on. Simunovic should only be played in a back 3. Even then he is a liability. Lennon's blind spot is Hayes.

Mickmac likes this.
  13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Got to disagree mate I think Forrest has been really poor after a good start of the season, he was honking again today.

Xatraps, Aidan O’Shea and Valhalla like this.
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, definitely some strange decisions in selection mate.

Its been a bit of a rebuild and it’s as if he wants to come away from Rodgers successful formula and play his own 3-5-2 or diamond.. but is scared to change the tried and tested.

Elhamed, Christie and Elyonoussi make some difference to a 4-2-3-1 tho Tbf.

We’ve also paid 5-6m for two LBs and still unsure if either is up to the task..which is a worry.

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Last few games he’s been poor and another anonymous display v the Hun, been too many of them.

But he’s weighed in with some amount of goals and assists. Hopefully one of the other RWs will help share the burden.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  16. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye that was my point he had a great start and due to no competition he’s settling back into his comfort zone, we really are bare as * in certain areas given the size of our squad.

JC Anton likes this.
  17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Agree with that.

Whether it's complacency, fatigue or just poor form he hasn't looked himself recently but he's still played a major part in our season.

He seemed to play best with Paddy Roberts waiting in the wing in reserve, the lack of credible options is frustrating. Arzani and Shved seem miles out of the picture.

I'd have thought Lawwell would be keen on having some strong right wingers at the club...

Gyp Rosetti and JC Anton like this.
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye there's no doubt there is personnel missing which make us a better team. No question..

I still expect our manager and coaching staff to have a couple of flexible systems where our squad can come in and it no make much difference. Shved, Robertson, Rogic, Griff, Bayo, Bauer, Mikey, Ntcham, Bitton, Jozo, Hayes, Taylor etc should all be able to come in and do more than a job for game's like today..

Some of these aren't good enough in my opinion but this is where coaching and the system come in to play. The Huns have worse player's and squad for me but are drilled in their system. We aren't in my opinion as we don't even know what our best one is..

Set pieces is another area we're woeful in and this has been under a few managers now..

I don't rate Taylor mate. Personally I'd have it as Boli first choice. Hayes second and Taylor third..

It looks like Boli has been completely dropped after the Huns game and I think it's clear he doesn't rate Taylor. Hayes is the best of a bad bunch in his eyes..

We still need work. Maybe our squad isn't as good as we thought it was. We need Soro to hit the ground running as our midfield trio has been almost ruined with minutes..

Surely Klimala should get some minutes in home game's like this after being a big singing outlay. A wee run out would be nice comfortably up at home to Ross County..

We so badly need a centre half who is dominant and has a bit of pace to compliment Jullien and play on the left side. Will help us be more flexible..

Also missing a spark from the wings. Some on who can the 3 positions behind the striker would be ideal and hit set pieces/bit of a cultured player to unlock defences..

Keano88 and JC Anton like this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Agree with @McGuire, there's a disjointed-ness to our play.

In the 57th minute (aye I took note) Ntcham pressed hard when we lost possession at a corner, guy passed inside and Ntcham turns round to see that there's not a single Celtic player within 40 yards of him.

To me that shows there's either a lack of a coherent game-plan or a unwillingness/incapability of the personnel to carry it out. None of which are really acceptable.

We were dominating and skelping teams at will in the early part of the season but it all seems very laboured now. Those sort of performances in December are understandable given the sheer amount of games we were playing but fresh off the back of a 2 week break and lingering on a humbling off the huns, I expected us to have far more verve. We've lost our Mojo. Naw, I don't mean that one...

Keano88, JC Anton and McChiellini.. like this.
  20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We’re becoming a team who are slowly becoming more and more reliant on Edouard or Christie pulling something out the bag.

Our midfield is broken as a unit. There’s absolutely no cohesion at all.

The likes of Ajer, Forrest and McGregor were unbelievable for the last couple of seasons and look like shadows of the players they were.

If Edouard was to get a long term injury we’d be *.

Aidan O’Shea and McChiellini.. like this.