1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Said it in the match thread but the way he set up today was vert smart imo, hibs were not coming here to park the bus, and pretty much nullified their attack. They still had a few chances but it worked perfectly, i wonder if he might try this set-up to stop the huns high press later in the month?

Rydo1888*, StPauli1916 and MGall1386 like this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: I was so pleased with the quality of chances we created. We didn’t always take them, but from 15-20 minutes in, we were dominant. We could have racked up a bit more, but in terms of quality of overall performance, I thought we were outstanding

NL : “I thought the midfield three were outstanding, and Frimpong is one of the best kids I’ve seen at that age. Odsonne getting his goal will do him the world of good as well.

NL: “I’m delighted with what Frimpong brings to the team – offensively and defensively. He thoroughly deserved his goal, he’s an outstanding talent and just watching him makes me tired, the way he runs up and down that line.

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Sittin top of the League, League cup already in the bag, topped a difficult group in the Europa, hopefully a few signings in January and we could be looking at another very succesful season.

Lenny deserves a lot of credit. :50: :41:

5. AMc88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    He looks happier and much more relaxed this time round. You love to see it.

6. The Magnificent 7 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We have a fantastic squad now but my fear is keeping everyone happy. Everyone wants to play regularly but obviously can’t. But why would anyone want to leave, we’re performing on every front?
    A bit of a rhetorical question really.

7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I think the size of the squad is close to being bang on. Maybe we could do with a young player to cover and grow at centre back, either Robertson or an other to provide cover at defensive mid and I think we need a striker with a view to edoaurd potentially leaving in the medium term. Then we have a few like rogic, shved, eboue and Sinclair that I assume would like more minutes and probably arent happy with what they are currently getting. What seems clear with Lennon is that you need to earn your minutes. I remember him saying first time frimpong featured that his performances in training were impossible to ignore .

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Whoflungdung likes this.
  8. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Think he has a stronger coaching staff this time around which will help him a lot.

9. joemc

Feel his interviews have become much more confident, clear and definite, looks like he is in a happy place ,knows his efforts have won over most of the doubters, you cant beat luck and lenny Carrie's good luck , couple that with confidence and we have a hard to beat team .

Whoflungdung and Rydo1888* like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    See this earlier..

I couldn't stand listening to the snake for ages. Can listen to Lenny easily. Talks well and seems much happier and relaxed these day's..

13. Cupid Stunt

Couldn't stand Lennon's press conferences for a while, especially during the transfer window, but I think a part of that was listening to Rodgers for years and knowing he was talking * and becoming more and more cynical. Between him, Congerton and Lawell you knew we were getting the square root of * all sorted.

In the end, we did actually have a decent transfer window in August there and we've been heading in the right direction ever since. I think January will be huge though in terms of whether Lennon, the scouting department and the club have turned a corner. If Lennon says he wants at least one quality striker in, plus Forster on a permanent and a right winger (just examples) and we hear we are close to a few big deals and end up with a Commper 2.0 it will mirror Rodgers first window and subsequent ones and I'll return to being cynical as * and not wanting to listen to him on transfers.

I'm still not 100% convinced with Lennon all of the time, playing Morgan up top in a League Cup final being a recent example, but he's proved me very wrong in the most part to this point. He also now has a very good opportunity to go in to the winter break at least 8 points clear, having won the League Cup (somehow :56: ) and then take us to the last 16 of the Europa League which would be an incredible achievement given the sides in our Europa group and how well Rangers have done in the league.

Dublin Celt and McChiellini.. like this.
  14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Asked if we would see another Scottish team make final and his answer was yes have to agree little bit of good preparation and luck of the draw it can happen.... Now if brendan Rodgers was asked that question he would say no we don't even have the budget of a team in championship...

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: I’m delighted, I can’t ask for any more, apart from maybe putting a more emphatic scoreline."

NL: "We created some great chances in the second half, and we had two great chances before half-time to go three or four up."

NL: "We looked good, we got another clean sheet against a team who were very much up for the game and playing with a lot of pride. We’re in a good place at the minute."

NL: "They were all brilliant. I thought Callum was brilliant. I thought
    @ScottBrown8
    was really disciplined after the yellow card. The midfield is functioning really well, and the front three are playing brilliantly."

NL: "Now, I want us to keep getting better as we go along, and they’re not letting up at the moment

ArturBorucCSC and bagforlife like this.
  17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
  18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    A like the cut of this Lennon guys gyp @\o/ something * about him I like!

19. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Thats cos Lennie is the real deal and has no need to trot out the auld wifie / Danny Mcgrain lies to ingratiate himself with the support

McChiellini.. likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: “It’s been a heavy week, but the players look fit. We know how difficult an opposition Aberdeen can be. If we can win tomorrow, it’ll set us up very nicely for the two games that finish off this block.”

NL: Since we played Aberdeen last, they’ve been consistent. Derek is a shrewd manager, I’ve got a huge admiration for him. They could come out and have a good go, or they could come and be rigid, which can be difficult to play against as well

NL: We want to be penetrative, we want to work the goalkeeper, and we’ve been good at that so far this season. We’re creating good chances and we’re creating quality chances, at a high volume. I’m very happy with the way we’re playing at the minute.

NL: We’re playing with a good intensity, and we're getting pushed. which brings out the best in certain players. Our goal is to finish top of the league, and to win our games before the break.”