1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Nope! Rodgers built up the lead after a shocking start, the league still had to be finished did it not? I’ve seen better Celtic sides with arguably better managers blow leagues before. This is the constant argument that Lennon only had to win the Cup, but it’s absolute bollocks, he had to finish the league campaign then guide us to a Treble. Facts are facts I’m afraid like it or not.

2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    In fairness I've watched all their games this season too up until its obvious the * are winning the game. I like to see what our nearest challengers are up ta. On the evidence so far we are not that clear favs as everyone thinks.

Orsenfelt likes this.
  3. murphy88

Well Lennon took over with 11 league games remaining. If he had the same record as Rodgers did in the first 11 games of that season, then yes we would have won the league. Rodgers picked up 25 points out of 33 in the first 11 games of the season. That's 1 more point than Lennon managed in his 11 league games in charge by the way, as he picked up 24 points.

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

You watched them at home v The Danish * after they won 4-2 in Denmark?

5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I've watched us beat by hammer throwers from Romania and draw against * Dunfermline

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon heaped praise on his players after they survived a Betfred Cup scare.

Dunfermline's Tom Beadling was the hidden threat who nearly ended Celtic’s Treble reign just four days after they were bundled out the Champions League by Cluj.

Beadling cancelled out Mikey Johnston’s opener and the treble Treble champs were just seven minutes from a dreaded penalty shoot-out before James Forrest struck to seal an extra-time win.

It was a less than convincing display ahead of a Europa League play-off against AIK on Thursday.

But rather than question his team’s performance Hoops gaffer Lennon hailed the players’ character to dig out a result and book a quarter-final place.

He said: “I’m really proud of the players. I know a few of them weren’t at their best but that was understandable.

“I’ve been in that situation myself after Champions League games – you can be a bit leggy.

But we dominated the game, created loads of chances and didn’t deserve to go to extra time.

“It was a really good test and you have to give Dunfermline credit. They came with a game plan and defended brilliantly.

“I wouldn’t say we struggled but we didn’t cut them open as much as I’d have liked. When you’re faced with a bank of 10 players it can be difficult to break down.

But I pulled the boys together at the end and told them I was proud of them. That was a stiff test of character, a real examination.

“They won’t see it the way I see it. But I played in a great Celtic side who had days like that.

“I remember a penalty shoot-out against Partick Thistle when I was a player here – and I got knocked out by Morton as manager.

“We’ve come through a big examination, psychologically rather than in a football sense.

“I was a bit worried near the end because penalties is a lottery. So I’m grateful to Jamesie.”

New signings Christopher Jullien and Boli Bolingoli were given starts against the Pars and Lennon added: “They did fine after a shaky start. They came on to a good match as it went on.

“That will do them the world of good, in terms of their character, not just their footballing ability.

“They’ve seen it all now, great nights and frustrating ones. It’s part of adapting to life in Glasgow.”

Lennon hopes to add new faces but distanced himself from moves for Olympiakos full-back Omar Elabdellaoui and Rosenborg’s Birger Meling.

Kris Ajer is a doubt for AIK after damaging his shoulder.

7. Bonobhoy

So he walks or gets sacked....Who takes the job? And before you say many would,give names? Because we shat outta the CL, That fat * lawell will barely splash any money as proven before,we have a mediocre squad,its the start of a season....and its scottish football

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Ok fair enough but Lennon still had games to win and done so, plus the last 5 games were solely against the top 6 teams so it’s slewed in comparison.

Gabriel and Random Review like this.
  9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Bring Moyes or Coyle home.

10. murphy88

Rodgers lay the foundations for winning the league last year. He left when we were 8 point clear, in the end we won it by 9. If we hadn't won the league after being 8 points clear with 11 games remaining, it would have been an absolute catastrophe.

Keano88 likes this.
  11. freitassen

Last time, it was reported we received a good number of applications, only for Lawwell to throw them all in the bin. Not saying he is who I would sign, but just as an example the Cluj manager openly offered himself to manage us in one of his mind games interviews. There is no way, despite Lawwell, SPFL, and everything that a lot of good people wouldn't be attracted by the idea of managing Celtic.

12. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Please no. I'm not a great NL fan as a manager, loved him as a player, but no thanks on those 2.

13. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Calling for Lennys head is far to shortsighted imo.
    Understandable... but shortsighted.

Who would replace him?

John * Kennedy thats who.

If anyone is having any pastey wet dreams about us dumping Lennon and bringing in Rafa Benitez they need to wake up. This board have absolutely zero intention of spending big on ANYTHING, nevermind a manager and the finacial backing he'd require to even look at a job here.

If Lennys out... kennedy's in. Its that simple.

14. vortex666

Yep I've always said Kennedy will be Celtic manager that's why he was kept on when ronny and Collins left .still expect it to be when we win 10 in a row..he will be appointed the season after that ..but if Lennon goes it is deff Kennedy to step in ...shudder

15. Mevin Gold Member Gold Member

John Kennedy said ‘‘we chose to play McGregor at left back in this game and do the other things, not because it was easy, but because it was hard’’

16. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Honestly never thought of it like thst. But now I do, your dead right.

17. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Was he pished at the time

18. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo

That’s * talk some of our support are absolute Roasters honestly :56::56:

Mince.Charming likes this.
  19. wulliebad

Aye,then call them a taxi and get them to *.:56:

20. markybhoy1976 Gold Member Gold Member

We choose to go to the moon and NL is the rocket!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019