1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Not buying he is being given these players not a * chance.

He was given a list of players.

Went to see Perraud in action and decided to go for Bolingoli - Perraud said as much, his agent was in constant contact with Celtic until the day before bolingoli signed and we (by that I assume he means lawwell) wouldn’t return his agents calls - already looks like a * up!

He then leaves the Austria training camp to personally go and meet Jullien in Paris (who had the option of Celtic or celta Vigo) to convince him to come to us.

Connell is a developmental player as is the other boy today.

I don’t buy this he is having players forced in him that’s *.

What I will admit is he seems to have his “favourites” already.

Few players in that 18 that shouldn’t be there imo and in Shved and Sinclair they should be in and around that 18 week in and week out.

You have one of the best players in the Ukrainian league last season and the guy who has contributed the most to the treble treble in terms of combined goals and assists.

But he has Morgan and Hayes in the match day squads, 1 who couldn’t get a game on loan at league 1 Sunderland and who was constantly * according to a glance on their forums at the time and the other who is an Aberdeen level player who Rodgers signed on the back of a good season, he hasn’t looked good anytime I have seen him in a Celtic jersey!

2. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Agree that Lenny isn’t to blame for the whole situation but, for whatever reason, there was a major change between Motherwell last Saturday and Cluj on Tuesday night.
    As manager Lennon has to be accountable for the obvious change in attitude and performance level.

3. freitassen

I didn't take personally, no worries mate. I am just saying because I don't think I saw many people saying this sort of unnacceptable crap about the guy. Maybe I didn't read this forum well enough. I largely agree with you

What makes me most * about the Sinclair situation is the same as the Gamboa. It isn't even the sporting aspect of it of how it improves the team or not. This is such a * move. I always admired Lennon because he seemed like a good guy, passionate about the team, liked by the players, with all his battle against depression and sectarianism and such. I actually know people who met Lennon in person and have very good things to say. I really didn't expect him to be an * to a guy that, as far as we know, didn't do anything.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  4. murphy88

So when Lennon took over, it was the worst start to a league campaign in over 20 years? So taking over a team that was 8 points clear in the league, had already a trophy in the bag and was in the quarter final of the Scottish Cup was the worst start in 20 years? Absolute rubbish! Lennon should have told Lawwell to ram it. He forced him out the door first time round, the guy is a * snake who has no interest in what the Celtic fans think or want. So why take the job this time?

5. Orsenfelt

Not sure how you can fault Jullien and Boli when they've signed on the premise that we dominate domestic football yet in reality don't seem to play the same system from one game to the next. We have no real style of play at the minute, it's just every man for themselves. Works against dross like St Johnstone but then falls apart against organised teams.

That I think can only be Lennon's fault.

The players will prove to be perfectly capable if given stability.

obafgkmlt likes this.
  6. Mince.Charming

Found it strange that Parker or Mjallby never came back with him.
    Who's desicion was that?
    Lennon was with Parker, when scouting Harper at West Brom. Makes you think he was thinking he would be coming back.

Lawwell * us for Mcginn last summer and you wonder how many other times deals fell through over his billy big balls act and haggling. It has been evident even as far back as 2009 with the Fletcher deal.
    The way the rat left, let him off the hook big time and worked out in his favour.
    All Lawwell's short comings suddenly became the rats fault too.

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    My initial point was about Rodgers having the worst start to a season in 20 years, go back and check the previous posts for the context. We had a poor season Lennon came in and finished the job what else is there to explain exactly.

Random Review likes this.
  8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I don't think anyone is trying to misrepresent anybody TBH. Emotions are just running really high for everyone at the moment, understandably.

Tuesday was just gutting. You're young, but I wonder how many more successful CL campaigns I'll see. In the almost 3 decades of its existance, we've reached the last 16 just 3 times. In another 30 years, I'll either be dead or 72. :giggle1:

9. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Think you've missed something mate

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  10. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Its protocol for the manager to meet players before signing them, its a token gesture. You seriously think Lennon went to Lawells office and demanded to sign Mbombo Bolingoli. Our scouting team are a team of misfits and nobodies yet we trust them with millions of our money. Its Celtics policy that the recruitment team find the players, even Rodgers admitted he had no idea who Shved was. Neil Lennon is very experienced and no fool, I dont believe for a minute he watched Boli play and thought 'wow this guy is a great defender'...not a * chance in *.

I hold Peter Lawell responsible for allowing such a poor scouting system to operate at Celtic, Im not exaggerating when I say it could cost us the league this season and destroy our 10 in a row hopes. It angers me because Celtic are a well run club but the scouting area is a massive disappointment, I find it incredible such a vitally important part of the club is so badly neglected.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  11. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I would say they were. After winning the league cup in England and annoying the big 4 where was MON to go ? to i( to put this in perspective when Mon won the League Cup Man City weren't in the EPL).That doesn't mean I ever thought he gave less than 100%, however that was MON's stepping stone. Rodgers was a coup for us and worked out for 18 months , however the invnicible season then made him employable in the EPL. Did you see many of them desperate to sign him up before we did ?

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Fair dos blame lawwell for allowing Rodgers
    To bring Congerton in!

You don’t fly to Paris to meet a player as a token gesture not a chance.

Well he watched Perraud and didn’t rate him

End to day Bolingoli does look like a weak link and I will defo give Jullien a few matches - maybe if he can get 6-8 games along side Elhamed, Ajer and a decent left back he might look better!

13. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Not sure about that, it was disastrous from what I remember.

14. murphy88

When Rodgers left, we were top of the league by 8 points, had the league cup in the bag and in the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup. That is what Lennon took over. All he had to do really was win the Scottish Cup to ensure another treble, and he guided us to that. He took over in a lose lose situation in my opinion and I respect him for leading us to treble. The board shouldn't have offered him the job on a permanent basis however I don't think.

15. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    In my time, Neil Lennon has been our 2nd best manager behind Gordon Strachan in terms of budgets, results and achievements. At the moment we look like a Tommy Burns side but I'm absolutely sure he'll tighten things up and win number 9!

16. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    How do you no he didn’t rate perraud ? It’s been noted in the past Lawwell has went with the cheaper options before

17. murphy88

He done well to keep them in the Championship to begin with. After that, it wouldn't have mattered who was in charge in my opinion, they were on the downward spiral. Only have to look at where they are now.

18. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ive not given up on Jullien but he should be showing a lot more. Nowhere near commanding enough, he needs to stand up and show why Celtic spent big money on him.

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    So even after me saying about our worst start to a campaign in 20 years you are hitting out with this pish, honestly? He came in and won back to back games in Edinburgh something the great Rodgers had failed to do, so I think you’re being a bit disingenuous tbh with him only having to win the Scottish Cup.

StPauli1916 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  20. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Can’t agree with any of this mate. Did you see tommy burns side play? * terrific to watch.

Sgt Neppers* and Gyp Rosetti like this.