1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. freitassen

Honestly, there is a difference between believing Sinclair is not as good as he once was, doesn't give good value for money today, and should eventually be allowed to leave if a decent offer comes (with some disagreement on what a good offer would be), and thinking he deserves to be lied to ("he is still part of my plans"), relegated to pariah status in the squad, and someone as bad as Lewis Morgan taking his place.

The same as, when I was appalled with the way the rat treated Gamboa, I didn't think he was the best RB ever anyway. I believe this position is the same as most people here, and the ones who throw abuse at him are a very small minority. The guy is a professional. If he wasn't wanted, they should have accepted the offer from Preston, Derby, whatever came and allow him to continue his career elsewhere. He could even be a player as bad as Jack Hendry and the treatment he is getting would still be unfair.

2. murphy88

Are you not reading my posts? I agree he deserves more support from the board, like I would regardless of who was in charge. However, this isn't a guy that hasn't been here before. He left the club because he wasn't being backed previously, what did he think was to happen this time round? I know Lawwell is the problem, I've been saying as much for the past 5 or so year. That's why I can't feel any sympathy for a man who has come back for second helpings after knowing what his boss was like.

Also, a shocking start? We were 8 points clear, had already won the league cup, and we were in the quarter finals of the Scottish. Hardly a shocking start is it?

3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He’s a * manager let’s be honest.

4. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop

5. freitassen

It could maybe, just maybe, be that St Johnstone and Motherwell are horrible. St Johnstone was terrible in the league cup, Motherwell lost many of their best players, these two teams are looking well like they are going to be fighting against relegation and nothing else. We played one decent team this season and look what happened.

Yes, people speak as if the Romanian, Swedish, Slovenian league are full of glory and international interest. Even Ajax plays vastly inferior, unattractive opposition most of the year. Every middle european league is in more or less the same situation as the scottish. Look at how all our possible opponents at Europe are, always the same teams.

6. joemc

I said before the season started that failure to go to 9 will be due to us fans buying into the media frenzy that will arise at every negative opportunity possible ,the fans not really buying into lennons appointment fully gave them the * in our armour .
    The board need to find the proper solutions to our lack of cover in vital areas ,this will at least get us talking about other things instead of all out attack on manager and board at exactly the right time for the huns ,its time to put down the shovels and pitchforks for now and try to concentrate on finding positives,like we have won everything domestically for 3 years ,I'm not saying the present is not important, I'm saying the worst hasn't happened,its the start of the season and we have to back the team and manager,if not we are giving them the biggest helping hand possible.

Spring Time and Random Review like this.
  7. Jeremie Frimpong

I was referring specifically to @Idioteque's belief that voicing your concerns on a football forum is futile: of course, it is, but it is why they exist.

I never asked anyone to value my opinion, so your sneering response is unwarranted.

8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    At the risk of taking the thread off on a tangent, that's another big problem we face. Clubs like Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are not diddy clubs, yet they sure act like it. Going by the number of fans, they are on a par with clubs like Rosenborg and AIK, yet they are far less professional in their approach and consistently punch below their weight in Europe.

Clubs like Killie and Livingstone are always going to be diddy clubs; but if the Scottish game were run properly, we could have a really attractive top half of the league to sell..

Orsenfelt and freitassen like this.
  9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    We had the worst start to a league campaign in 20 years last season that’s a fact! And ok I get your point about the sympathy of working under Lawwell again, but Neil is a Celtic fan and not many people get this chance once never mind a second time. Though I do feel he should’ve called that * bluff and told him to ram it, he might actually had to do some work for his huge salary and bonus then.

Mince.Charming and Random Review like this.
  10. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Maybe you're different, but I always hope my posts will be valued (even if not necessarily agreed with). Otherwise what's the point?

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

* manager

Top model

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rydo1888* likes this.
  12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Agreed. I had expected Neil to be sterner with Lawwell. Afterall, the board called him to step in when Rodgers fled.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Anyone else at the game today feel like everything was simmering?

Like almost as if people where waiting on us failing.

I was in 113 right next to the Green Brigade they came in en-masse at 2:55pm stood arms folded silence. Put their banners up. Silence.

People around me sitting with their head in their hands every time Bolingoli got the ball.

People asking where are Shved, bayo, Henderson!

I felt today like how it must feel when the guy walked into the Roman fighting circle!

It was toxic today absolutely toxic

14. murphy88

I wouldn't say Rodgers or O'Neill were lucky to manage us. They merited managing us. My view isn't skewed by Rodgers managing us. Lennon left us and went to Bolton and then Hibs. He done reasonably well at Bolton and then done pretty well with Hibs before a shocking run of results meant he left by mutual consent. He regressed as a manager after leaving us and then got offered the job again after we were going through an unbelievable run of domestic dominance.

15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    People need to calm down if they think NL is to blame for all Celtic's problems. Very poor player recruitment has been our biggest downfall, and before anyone says that is NL's fault, do you seriously believe NL pinpointed Boli and Jullien? These players were 'scouted' (lol) by our 'recruitment team' (lol) and given to NL. He's being given * players to work with which is why he's having to revert back to the same old faces such as Joso, Bitton, Hayes etc. The way we go about recruiting players needs ripped apart and a professional and knowledge scouting staff need to be employed. The fact we've blown 10 million on boli and jullien infuriates me, the financial advantage we have over sevco counts for nothing when we waste money on players like that. We are throwing away our title and we have nobody to blame but ourselves, painful to watch.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  16. freitassen

You make a very good observation. I once read a report by the swedish authority on the financial status of the swedish clubs by the federation. They used many countries as comparison, Scotland being one of them. Basically, the average scottish club spends double of what the average swedish club does, and in fact more than the austrian league teams. While we and the huns drive the average up, a similar issue exists in Sweden: Malmo has a turnover bigger than all the non big teams combined. Their results in the pitch are uncomparable, I am certain the third or fourth best swedish team would not lose to Connahs Quay and at least would create problems to Rijeka

Rydo1888* and Random Review like this.
  17. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    He’s forever going on about How we can’t match Big clubs for Wages and fees etc and we are priced out when it comes to clubs down south , the absolute brass kneck when he’s sitting on a wage Similar to them who are sitting in the same position as him down south

Gyp Rosetti and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  18. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Dunno why you took this so personally, however did you read back the pages from last season and see what * accused him of on the pitch ? In terms of cowardice etc. In terms of Sinclair I am pretty much in the middle. He was never as good as folk thought he was, however he never then became as bad as folk thought. I'm just saying * can't have it both ways and expect to be taken seriously.

Random Review likes this.
  19. Jeremie Frimpong

Again, I never asked anyone to value my opinion. @StPauli1916 misrepresented my post - unintentionally, I am sure.

20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Definitely bad. There's no need to wait us to fail- that's too late. Call out the board for their shortcomings- which they did. But players that try hard deserve full support. Elhamed, Forrest, Johnston at least.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.