1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I understand that but that team during 2012/13 was more than capable to win a treble and we still didn't manage it. And the less said the better about his last season in the domestic cups, also the fact we absolutely bottled the league during his first season doesn't help his case either. The pressure is going to be 10x worse than it was the first time around with the ten on the horizon and the tribute act in the league with us.

I dont think there is a single Celtic fan out here who wants Lennon to fail but these are fair criticisms and should have been highlighted when he was considered for the job, but something tells me they weren't.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’m not sticking up for his cup record the first time round, I think he’s grown as a manager since then. As a litmus test if he can handle the pressure to get it over the line though? Going for a Treble Treble - something that has never been achieved in football, with a squad that had by all accounts had infighting all season, a team that wasn’t his, with a staff that had been ripped apart at a very crucial point of the season, with both press and his own fans putting an insane amount of pressure on? It’s a good way to ease some fears on that account.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  3. Murph-E

A properly-backed Neil Lennon I absolutely trust to deliver the quadruple treble. If he's only allowed to get Stephen O'Donnell, Gary Hooper and a few loans, I don't see it.

Seán Mac D, JML67, Gabriel and 8 others like this.
  4. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I personally think that if he is backed that Lennon is capable of winning 10iar, i don't see us getting a treble though. Once again he done what was expected of him when he came in regards to the league, but apart from Aberdeen in the cup and the second half of the Scottish cup against Hearts we played horrible football and scraped by. If that is a taster of things to come under Lennon then I'm really worried.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Agreed bud..

Whatever anyone's thoughts were before and at the initial appointment....surely should be left now..

6. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I agree with the sentiment we should all back Lennon.
    I can't hide that I have very little confidence going into this season.
    Admittedly most of the stuff at this time of the season is rumours, so I won't even wast energy on that crap. We know the agenda of the press. Always has been and always will be anti Celtic(just my opinion) but the two actual undisputed facts that lead me to believe 100% we are downsizing is the appointment of Lennon and Lawell's subsequent comment about him understanding the clubs transfer strategy.

7. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    I dont see him being in the job by xmas

8. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Agreed, think he'll take Spain job now Enrique has gone tbf

9. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Its easy to have a laugh but Lennon is a step backwards

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :50:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  11. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I do.

12. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think everybody gets this now, it's been said enough and the majority of people here (myself included) didn't want him anywhere near the job, but he's here now so discussing whether or not he's good enough doesn't really matter anymore.

Keano88, JC Anton and Mr Shelby like this.
  13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Depart Pidgeon

Chavez, Seán Mac D and McKagan like this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL LENNON has told Celtic fans not to panic as he insisted new signings are on their way.

The Hoops pulled out of the running to land David Turnbull this week with the Motherwell starlet now set to join Norwich.

But Lennon is hopeful of adding new faces sooner rather than later with the Champions League qualifiers just around the corner.

He told Celtic TV: “We are looking to make some additions and it will be important to integrate them in as quickly as possible.

There is a huge amount of work going in and we hope we will get some positive news soon.”

Meanwhile Lennon says Celtic will treat Bosnian champs FK Sarajevo with the utmost respect.

The Bhoys’ Champions League first leg qualifier has officially been switched from Parkhead.

Celtic will now head to Bosnia for the opener and Lenny is looking for a big performance.

He said: “It’s a tough draw. We don’t know much about them but by the time the tie comes round, we will be fully prepared.

“We will have analysis done by the time we are in Austria and we will do some prep work there.

It’s important to get a decent result in the first leg to improve on the second leg.

“The player have come back in good condition this week. I’m pleased with that.

The international boys are still off, so it’s staggered but they will come back soon.

“We have three friendlies in Austria and Switzerland and that will be enough to get them up to speed.

“We will get the international boys for the second and third games over there.

15. Keano88

June 1st.

June 19th.

——

Flying out to Austria next week.

Have a Champions League game in 3 weeks.

Let’s stop talking about signings and actually get some done.

scuzzy likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

It’s all good Lenny's got this.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

19. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Hope im wrong

JC Anton likes this.
  20. jambo_cfc

I have faith in lennon getting the best out of players currently there , but i dnt believe he has the correct players to play the way he will want !! I think the board need to realise that things need freshened up . We have good young technical players but we are short of leaders, we have just lost another one in lustig , leaves in my opinion only brown and possibly tierney who will go through players i think we need two or 3 experienced players brought in