1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Beldub

This is it in nutshell

Not delighted with Lennon - usual cheap option - every hun i know is jumping for joy and I fully appreciate why. You can love Lennon the player the man and his 90% commitment to Celtic-more than most in his position- he fecked off because of Lawwell
    But with Lawwell there and in control with a puppet manager kiss goodbye to ten in a row

Lawwell may persist with Lennon out of ego like he did with managerial disaster RD even if early signs things are going pear shaped for NL - Lawwell cares more about himself than 10 in a row

The transfer market in summer will tell us all we need to know - fearing the absolute worst - history repeats itself - shooting ourselves in head again again from position of complete and utter supremacy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Shut up ya * clown.

Sad little * Obsessed with the Huns.

HailHoopy, StPauli1916 and Maestro 08 like this.
  3. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Nothing you’d be interested in :50:

JC Anton, Marty McFly and StPauli1916 like this.
  4. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    when was the last time the huns were right about anything. Living in denial for the last 7 years thinking their club didn’t die, thought they’d win cups on in the lower divisions (they didn’t), thought they’d waltz right up to the premier league (they didn’t), thought warbo was the man to win the league, then they thought it was Pedro, then they thought it was murty, now they think it’s gerrard.

thought they’d put us out in the cup semi last year after celebrating to a man when they drew us (pumped them 4-0).
    Now they think Lennon will hand them the league after they were certain he’d * it in the cup.

Maestro 08 and StPauli1916 like this.
  5. Maestro 08

Playing * and still wins two trophies. Cant wait until he has us firing on all cylinders. Bringing back the Thunder!!

6. jj81

7. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    We had the worst start to the season in history after getting knocked out of the champions league,
    lost dembele' and the boyata unrest ,a whole host of injuries then lost Rodgers, Lennon came in and yet we still win the treble and the league by 9pts.

were only going to get better next season especially with signings added , that was Rangers best chance for the league.

8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

2 strikers here we * go!!!

9. scootz

:57:

10. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I'm going to love it when next season a lot on here are going to be eating humble pie :56:Let the sevconians laugh .....we will have the last laugh. They will be living for the day he slips up and by the time the next title is in the bag they will be praying he goes.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

This interview make for great listening as far as am concerned. Lawell has publicly offered the job to Lennon and it isn't concluded yet. We have all had feeling Lennon left last time through frustration with transfer budgets, we know the snake was very frustrated with the transfer policy too.

I can't see Lennon taking the job if he is offered a weak budget. Lawell knows for Lennon to walk away from this offer would be a real source of embarrassment for him. And what manager will want to be seen as second choice publicly? Lennon is strongly positioned for a decent transfer kitty here. How Lennon demands financial backing and I hope lawell gives it.

The Prof, StPauli1916 and Marty McFly like this.
  13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

There's no way he's turning it down, regardless of the budget. We're by far the best job he'll get in his managerial career. He's not going to turn that down.

Valhalla and The IRA like this.
  14. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

He will be aware if he gets a poor budget and doesn't secure the 9 in a row it might be his last job in management.

On the other hand if he gets a healthy budget and secures 10 his stock will be very high.

I don't disagree we will be the biggest club Neil manages, but if he wants a career after us he will need assurances.

15. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I think all everyone can do now is get behind Lennon, and hope that he can build a squad, and get the best out of the current players.

I didn't want him to get the job, and if I'm honest, I'm totally surprised that he did, given what I've personally heard since he came in.

I just hope the board back him, and the players play for him.

He has a very difficult job, and has possibly come in at one of the most difficult times any manager has. Its a bit like Moyes taking over at Utd after Fergie. The success was already there, but to maintain perfection is one helluva task.

I'll certainly support him, and hope everyone does. It's a massive summer for us, and Lennon in particular. As Lawwell said, he can spot a player, but he's praying he's given the tools to assemble the squad we need to move forward.

16. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    ive said it in the threads previous , he isn't my choice . But a sleep and drink wearing off , it's Lenny so on we go .

Jeannie960 likes this.
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Let's give the man a chance lol, have read so many derogatory comments towards Lenny, are we as a support unable to celebrate or enjoy our achievements for worrying about tomorrow, or the fear that we won't reach the 10 ?

Let's just see how we get on over the summer and into next season, Lenny needs our support and we should give it to him.

18. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    Same as myself. But * me when he has one bad game, and there will be a few no matter who was manager. This place will go into * melt down and the knifes will be out.

McChiellini.. and Jeannie960 like this.
  19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We had plenty of bad games under the rat, a lot of poor signings and getting horsed in Europe, it dosen't seem that long ago that we were all moaning about the slow pedantic play across the back, a zillion passes in our own half etc etc......

It wasn't all hunky dory under rodgers.

joemc, smokie899 and Jeannie960 like this.
  20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Can’t wait till he’s doing * hot and aw the wee rats that have spent months being snide about him are giving it they always supported him