1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Seems to be one of those wee sayings going about Celtic fans just now. Mostly by * that have no * clue about football.

StPauli1916, kinglenny and MacEwan like this.
  2. clonbhoy

He doesn't play like one, nor does he seem to want to learn. If he did he would have double the goals.

3. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Not good in the air and drifts out to the left too much... Thierry Henry wasnt a striker either

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You’re in the minority here mate.

5. clonbhoy

Apologies, I didn't realise it was a democratic vote.

Seriously though, I couldn't give a *. I think Edouard is a fine player, but he isn't suited to playing up top on his own and his lack of interest in developing that side of his game doesn't say much for his attitude, which is regularly questionable anyway. He gets away with murder.

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    There’s a difference to ‘not being suited up top on his own’ and not being a striker.

I think this full post is just * but, he’s a young guy and he’s came on strides since he’s been here.

jake10, MacEwan, JML67 and 3 others like this.
  7. clonbhoy

True, but he doesn't seem much suited to partnering anybody either. He is extremely talented but has an awful attitude. He is excellent when he looks arsed, but that is rare. I don't think he has come on that much at all. I thoought more of him 12 months ago than I do now.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Was about to say he isn't a proper lone number 9 but just seen this mate..

He's definitely improving but he needs to polish up on some thing's if he's to become that real potent number 9..

I think wingers getting closer to him and a real number 10 type that will link and get beyond him will help..

Too often it's to Forrest and he's isolated up top. Rogic doesn't go behind much either and links the play from behind..

We need that extra body willing to get up to support him more often..

I still would like to sign a striker in the Dembele type mould to play with him or for Edouard to play just off to the left..

That pre season him and Dembele were looking devastating. We never got to really see it as Dembele left but it would've blown everyone away..

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Dazzler86 and Liam Scales like this.
  9. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    People forget his age. He will be some player. He doesn't " get away with murder " ffs.

JML67, kinglenny and Liam Scales like this.
  10. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    We need a striker in the box all the time wanting to get on the end of things and in the "poacher" position. So many times under Lennon lately the ball is getting whipped in and edouard just ain't that type. He is never in there wanting the tap ins. He is always on edge of box or sometimes not even in the box. Fraudgers first season with moussa, Sinclair and Forrest up top were frightening on the counter attack. Moussa was brilliant at holding the ball up and linking everybody. Edouard is built the same but never the same type of player. Bayo could be anything I suppose. I do agree though, edouard off the left would be the best with a proper target man I think

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He almost always drops off rather than attacks the 6 yard box for ball's being fizzed in..

In fact there's been quite a few game's where all our attacking player's have done it so I'm no sure if it's some kinda instruction gone wrong and the ball's being played in should be being cut back....but we're missing out on a lot of goals with it either way..

Dazzler86 likes this.
  12. clonbhoy

Has anybody forgotten his age? He isn't Karamoko Dembele. He definitely gets away with loads. Look at his performance at Ibrox, he didn't try a tap, pulled out of everything and was barely criticised.

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Can't say I've seen anything from Edouard to suggest he has an awful attitude.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Scott Brown insists everyone at Celtic owes Neil Lennon a huge thank-you for riding to the rescue and saving their season.

And the Hoops skipper hopes he can hand his brave boss the Scottish Cup and boost his chances of staying on as gaffer.

Brown is desperate to lead his troops into battle against Hearts at Hampden as the club aims to land an unprecedented treble Treble but his build-up has been hampered by the injury he's carried since Celtic clinched the title at Pittodrie last month.

At the same time, it may be a second farewell for the interim manager. Celtic have yet to announce whether or not Lennon will be handed the job on a permanent basis and this could be his final match in charge.

Whether he stays or goes, Brown says Lennon deserves huge gratitude from all at Parkhead. Celtic were plunged into turmoil when Brendan Rodgers walked out for Leicester in February but their ex-captain and boss answered the club’s SOS in their moment of need.

Lennon safely delivered the league title and, having guided the squad into today’s showpiece, Brown said: “He deserves thanks for what he has done this season.

Whether he gets the job or not, he’s been fantastic.

Not many people would have come in after Brendan, who had won seven trophies in a row.

“Lenny took us over the line for eight and now we are in another final.

“Someone else could have come in and it not worked out as well but Lenny was brave and answered that call.

“We owe him a lot. We could have ended up with someone we don’t really know, who would’ve wanted to change everything.

“He has tried to stick to Brendan’s way as much as possible. It’s been great.

“Lenny was the one who answered the call. He will always answer Celtic’s call. For somebody to do that was fantastic. He did it in the past when he brought us back to winning ways.”

Brown hopes Lennon can stay in position and said: “He knows what it’s like to win trophies and he started us on the way to eight in a row.

“Here’s hoping he’ll be here after we pick this one up, too.

“It was always going to be hard to follow Brendan but Lenny put himself in that position and he believed in himself. He knows how to get the best out of the players and how to spot a player.

“Lenny knows what Glasgow is like and how to handle the pressure. It’s a hard place to be.

“The pressure is you need to win trophies. Neil’s done that as a manager and a player.”

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :giggle1:

16. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Absolute * nonsense. He was his normal self at Ibrox , ended up getting crowded out alot, a few dribbles didnt quite come off. He still skinned their defence and laid Ollie burke for a tap in he * up.
    The guys done more hunskelping in his 2 seasons than most players do in a career.

17. clonbhoy

Agreed.

18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’d love to see where this attitude pish has come from.

19. clonbhoy

Watching him dawdle across the pitch for the majority of each game. He will also never get a girl in trouble because he pulls out of everything. Do people not watch him? Or is it that they want him to be good so they pretend?
    I honestly can't understand it.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  20. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    pmsl aye * edouard, the faceless striker. time to find a new king in the north:ynwacelti

MacEwan likes this.