1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Fit Rogic is always the difference mate:34:

Random Review likes this.
  2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Some people seem to think not wanting Lennon as manager means that we don’t like him or don’t appreciate what he’s done during his first stint, as well as coming in and picking up the snakes mess. It’s also being assumed we won’t support him if he does get the job.

I’m afraid it’s not as black and white as that. The ones not wanting Lennon are not the stubborn ones in this debate.

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lets be honest, all sides are stubborn in this debate.

But putting that performance down to Aberdeen poor is just trying to take credit away from the job we done on Sunday.

Random Review and StPauli1916 like this.
  4. rickyroma25

It worries me to be honest. I have the fear he'll hang onto Lustig out of loyalty, and that we'll be seeing more of Bitton next season. I fear we'll see a similar midfield setup which has proven itself unable to play around a high press. I thought a lot of the football under Lenny was turgid to be honest, and a lot of the same problems we had in 2014 still exist. The lack of incision, with side to side passing when teams play deep. Honestly I doubt his ability to fix them.

A lot of different ways to set up a team, and I don't necessarily think you need a brick shithouse in CDM. Mcgregor was playing his best stuff of the season from deep, directing things. I think if you have a couple either side of him, possibly Ntcham on a good day(I foresee him leaving though), and the likes of Trebel from Anderlecht, who we were linked with and I think would work. Then you've got Brown and maybe Eboue coming in when needed. Similar to how Juve sometimes went with Pirlo, with Vidal and Marchisio either side, doing the leg work.

I'd want an attacking mid capable of clipping accurate passes over the top of a backline with wingers making runs in behind. I'd have Edouard on the left, Forrest on the right (maybe Weah competing with both of them), and an Intelligent technical striker. Could be a Dembele type but doesn't need to be. It's the movement that matters.

Most importantly I'd have a right back (maybe Gumny) who's quick, defensively aware and good on the ball. Capable of overlapping and becoming an extra attacker. Then a centre half, maybe on a downward trajectory with experience at a high level and a cool head to play alongside Ajer.

Whatever way we decide to setup. It's vital for me that we have players capable of beating the first defensive block. I'm tired of seeing us hemmed in against high pressing teams, without the first clue how to find a way around it.

I don't personally think Neil Lennon's got the answers, but I'm becoming resigned to the fact that it's his job to lose now.

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It was great. A game that could so easily have caused a big problem, if we lose it brings pressure on the board, the players and brings doubt to Lennon deserving the job. It was dealt with in a fashion better than any of us could have asked for.

I just don’t think that earns you the Celtic job, which I think is a fair comment. If he does the same in the final my tune will change.

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He’ll hang on to Lustig due to lack of forward planning from us this year. He 100% won’t want to go into the qualifiers with just Ralston.

Random Review likes this.
  7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It is a fair comment; it’s also fair comment to say our performance wasn’t just down to Aberdeen.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I want a better standard of manager in but let's no pretend we didn't play well yesterday..

We absolutely dominated and were on the front foot from the off..

I was surprised at how fluid we were. Was definitely our best performance under Lenny and the sheep had zero answer to him whatsoever....so resorted to kicking * out of us..

Deserves a lot of credit for yesterday. Got it spot on tactically..

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

9 men or 11 men, the outcome would have been the same. But my opinion that it doesn’t get the the job stands. Not one game. He’s got to continue this now.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He’s slowly introducing his own style into it, performances were always going to pick up the more he put his stamp on it. He’s done the right thing in not trying to completely dismantle Rodgers team and style at the most crucial part of the season.

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That’s fair enough :50:

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye mate I do agree with that..

He definitely put more of his stamp on it tactically and personnel wise yesterday..

Still a fair bit to go for me to change my mind but there was a definite noticeable change yesterday. He's now earned the right to implement more and more in to it between now and the end of the season..

If we dominate the majority of our game's and are on the front foot and of course win the treble....I may be more comfortable with him getting it full time :50:

StPauli1916 and Liam Scales like this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    No if we have a right back lined up..

I have a feeling we may..

We definitely should that's for sure..

14. rickyroma25

It was a lack of forward planning. Negligence in fact, and I don't want to see a continuation of it. There's cause to think that he'll stick with certain guys due to loyalty or even poor judgement. He might not, but it's one of my concerns.

15. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Lennon Threads Merged.

No need for multiple threads going over same things

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Won’t stop folk starting another thread.:56:

17. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    If they do it'll be :banned:

18. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    First few pages of this thread make for interesting reading back when Ronny had got the bullet.....

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I can’t see that mate, he didn’t the first time round and he didn’t at Hibs either. Lustig will get a years extension purely because we’d be down to an injury prone youth player or a new guy trying to settle in to a new defence for our biggest games of the season. After that you’d see him getting phased out. Just my opinion of course but it’s more Lenny’s style.

20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    If Lennon does stay on as manager (would prefer someone else but let's see how the season ends) i'd trust him to sort out the defence, he was good with defensive signings, under him we got

Izaguirre
    Lustig
    Wilson
    Van Dijk
    Wanyama

who were all excellent additions, and even then, guys like Matthews/Mulgrew were still good players for us. Obviously a few duffers like Mouyokolo (risk free signing) Ambrose (who was good to begin with), Gershon, Rogne, Kaddouri etc were poor but i think he would improve us there.

McChiellini.. likes this.