1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Metrobhoy, Nov 12, 2013.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Swervedancer Guest

Aye I can understand Lenny leaving then. The board didn't take it as seriously as they're doing now. Problem is though it's not really the board's fault we didn't replace like for like, it must be hugely difficult to find players like Wanyama, Forster and Van Dijk for the money we can afford.

I agree it will be very difficult for us to get 10 points in the Group Stage. Getting 3 points off Barca was a once in a generation kind of result especially as we don't have the players like MON had now.

If anyone can do it though it's Brendan. To go undefeated against City was quite impressive. We totally wrecked their season. Barca taught us a lesson though but we were inches away from getting a result in Germany and reaching the Europa League so it was a very good start from Brendan.

If we get through the qualifiers and the draw is good to us then we'll have a chance to dream again. Depends on how successful Brendan is in the transfer market too as CL quality players are so difficult for us to source on our budget.

We've got every reason to be confident of achieving some kind of success in Europe be it in either cup, a wee run is possible. As long as we compete and put up a good display then I'll be happy.

Now that Bitton is back on form we've every reason to be optimistic :biggrin: You must've enjoyed that goal today.

Artorias likes this.
  2. Cupid Stunt

Bitton was * awful today.

3. Swervedancer Guest

:eek1: He scored a lovely goal. That's not awful. Everything else I thought he kept simple and safe which I am not a fan of but he didn't lose possession as far as I remember.

4. Cupid Stunt

Were you at the game? I always find it's easier to follow on tv or whatever cos you get replays and stuff but from what I remember he was * shocking. In the first half he tried some stupid little * out of our own box and gave the ball away, Sviatchenko went nuts at him. It almost looked like he tried to rabona it but I dunno if he actually did. He slowed everything down, gave the ball away on numerous occassions, one where he ended up chasing the ball about 60 yards to try and make up for his error. The midfield just seems * with him in it, look at the end of the game, we were lucky not to concede a second and his *, casual, lazy * was a big part of that. I won't take his goal away from him he took that really well, but he still had a shocker IMO.

5. Swervedancer Guest

I must admit I don't remember him losing possession but I don't take everything in so I believe you. What I do agree with is I think he slows play down and isn't positive enough moving the ball forward. Not creative enough for me. I prefer McGregor. But everyone sees it different. I dunno but there are probably folk who thought he had a good game. I think saying he had a shocker a bit extreme? I've seen him play worse than that but also better.

6. James Gold Member Gold Member

I thought goal aside Bitton was * as well

7. Swervedancer Guest

I did say he should have been subbed at half time but then he wouldn't have scored.

8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Good points made Swerve. I believe Brendan has the MON touch. Where he can go put his arm round a player and make them believe in themselves. He will also let our squad know that they deserve to go toe to toe with the regulars of CL football. Made a decent fist at first attempt and I hope to see his influence continue. I feel Brendan has more hold of the reigns with us than he ever had at the Scousers.

Swervedancer, Doogs. and StPauli1916 like this.
  9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I see big bad John Hartson said on Twitter he is moving to Edinburgh. Wonder if he's maybe linking up with Lenny at Hibs.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Heard from someone I know who works at Hibs Lenny was looking to get someone in.

good move from Lenny getting Big John at Hibs.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Posted this in the Hibs thread but thought it belonged here for what it's worth. If you have the time it's a good read. A piece in a journal by one of my uni lecturers:

'An outsider in our midst': narratives of Neil Lennon, soccer and ethno-religious bigotry in the Scottish press.

http://dspace.stir.ac.uk/bitstream/1893/1763/1/An outsider in our midst.pdf

There's another follow up but I can't find a link for it. 'He's Back! But Scotland's National Demon Never Left: Revisiting Media Representations of Neil Lennon and Narratives of Bigotry. It's in the book: Bigotry, Football and Scotland.

So many good scholarly articles out there on similar subjects about 'sectarianism' and the offensive bill, even ultras now too etc! Shows the SMSM up for what they are.

12. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: The King; Now: Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Thanks for that. Very interesting stuff.

Marty McFly and JC Anton like this.
  13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Lenny might be the one who leads us to the 10, think BR will deliver 6,7& 8 and Lenny may finish it off..

Can you imagine..

Artorias likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Lenny getting his selfie on
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Idioteque likes this.
  15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Bottom ones a belter :56:

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He's getting ready for the Henrik V Lubo game.

17. celtic warrior

Lennon is love, Lennon is life

18. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Would rather it was Brendan tbh.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  19. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

was thinking that myself, he's the obviuos choice to replace Rodgers. But I hope Rodgers get us to the ten.

Lennon will see us hit 20 in a row :50::67:

JC Anton likes this.
  20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye me too mate that post was before he signed his 4yr deal..:50:

The IRA likes this.