1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Metrobhoy, Nov 12, 2013.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Neil Lennon for me has been one of my fav Celtic Managers through my life time of supporting the Hoops.

1. He stopped the hun favoring referees. No previous manager of ours took them to task the way Neil Lennon did. No where near! For me, this gave us a proper chance at beating Rangers before they died!

2 Lennon is one of the most intelligent speakers around in the Scottish game for me too. Always represents the club and our country in a great manner. Always feel proud when he speaks compared to a Scotsman like myself such as Alex McLeish as Lennon is well read! That's the snob in me I guess speaking:icon_mrgreen:

3 I feel for NL after this time in the job for the way he's been treated by the board! Now, I'm guessing but you'd like to think that Bangura, Pukki, Lassad, Balde etc weren't his first picks or ideas of signings. Obviously the man had a budget. Who knows, perhaps Murphy wasn't even one of his!!!

4 One thing I do know is that this man we call the boss manages the players and picks the team, builds confidence and makes players better. Reminds me so much of WGS in this respect actually and is the main reason why I love him as our boss:50:

Before, Tony Mowbray would play to the fans. 'Give us a bit of '424' Mogga?'

Ha ha, before you know it, you're 4 nil down to St Mirren!

Neil Lennon watched Celtic go down to Ross County at Hampden and said to himself, '* the fans'. Samaras and Brown were the victims back then and I for one always backed those players. Forrest has become the new scapegoat for some reason but the boss is still backing him!

Enough said. Good moves and bad moves but mainly good moves. 'There's only one Neil Lennon':50:

2. Jhoker

[​IMG]

Some good points in there

3. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    I agree with most of that but you can't say all our poor signings weren't his pick lol. His lack to bring on subs when we need it * me off still.

4. Celtic_Jorge

The board isn't exactly loosening the purse strings so he's had to make do with some gambles.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. champions100%

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    :)

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I don't think you can just assume all the signings that haven't worked out were the boards idea and all the ones that have were Lennons.

8. Seosamh Máirtín

Jesus, that is not what the OP means at all. Reading comprehension is lacking here.

I am glad to see another positive thread. There is no reason for Celts to be gloomy. We have much reason to be content with the way things are progressing. Sure, this could be better, and that could be better, but at least we are (more or less) heading in the right direction.

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Don't get too ambitious now!

10. Seosamh Máirtín

Depends what way you want to look at it. We are unbeaten since April (I think) in the league and performing admirably in the CL. The latter, especially, is impressive considering we are going up against teams like Barca, who pocket hundreds of millions each season from tv and sponsorship deals alone.

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

There was nothing admirable about last week.

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Is there not enough * negative threads on this site for people to stalk and leave the positive ones for, you know, positivity?

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I still find it incredible that he managed to drag us out of the Mowbray debacle and make us a respected CL team again in such a short space of time, especially with his personal life being attacked at the time. For him to be able to focus on the job with all that going on is testament to the man.

I hope he is here for many years to come.

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

There is positivity, then there is glossing over of our real problems with things like ''Aw Neil Lennon is well read.'' Oh magic, that will keep us in Europe after Christmas.

I'm positive, I think we will beat AC Milan at home. But the hangover from last week is still around, some changes need to be made. Not managerial, tactically.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Like the Ross County game then?

He identified a problem and changed it around and it worked.

With what the man has achieved here i think I will trust his judgement more often than not.

P.S.

We have no * given right to be in europe after Christmas, infact with our budget we should be finishing dead last in this group.

16. Dáibhí

Looking at Lennon's stint with us in its entirety, do you think he's done a good job in Europe?

17. Ruxin

Lenny aint perfect but what encourages me is that he does seem to learn from any errors he makes which is invaluable as Manager.

18. Dáibhí

Neil Lennon is 42 years old and has been a manager for almost three and a half years.

In that time he's won 2 leagues, 2 Scottish cups, 8 SPL manager of the month awards, 1 SPL manager of the year award and he's taken us to the last sixteen in the Champions League.

If he were English he'd be considered one of the top young coaches in the game.

19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Yeh, he changed it for County and it worked. But County isn't Ajax or AC Milan. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes right back to the same tactics he has used in the other Champions League games this season against Milan.

That week is going to determine whether Lennon is here next summer, the game against Milan and Hearts in the cup. This place is going to implode if we were to lose those two games.

I fully expect us to win them both, but it's huge for Lennon and he has to get it right as he has shown he can.

20. Dáibhí

[​IMG]