1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon **The Official Thread**

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Hughesie, Jan 21, 2012.

Discuss Neil Lennon **The Official Thread** in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    always liked lenny because he wasn't scared of telling the truth , coming out and saying he is reconsidering his future at hibs because of 1 game is going over the top. Maybe he knows that some big names are leaving and can't compete for 2nd next season. He's done a great job and I'm sure they're in the europa league qualifiers aren't they?

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  2. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Apparently Lenny not turned up for his press conference today, marvin Bartley saying players haven’t seen him since Wednesday night. Hopeully the big mans alright, seemed to be losing the plot a bit recently.

3. BroxBhoy94

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson/Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ONE NEIL LENNON
    Lennon's raw emotion and passion is his greatest strength while at the same time it's his biggest weakness.

I'd imagine ending up in 4th after saying Hibs would get 2nd after last season stung him more than anything. Still a good season for Hibs though.

Be interesting to see what Lenny will conjure up squad wise if he stays. McGeouch is away, you'd imagine McGinn will be as well (hopefully to us), no guarantees that Kamberi and Maclaren will stay either.

Having said that Lenny has shown both at us and Hibs to be very shrewd in the transfer market. Wouldn't be shocked if he discovers another rough diamond we haven't heard about.

4. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Just illness apparently the reason he's been missing

"He's okay. He has had the flu for the last couple of weeks," said Parker. "He is at home in Glasgow. He's overslept. His wife woke him up and then he has gone back to sleep. Which is in fact a true story. He will be coming in at some point today but when I don't know

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  5. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Good stuff! was a bit worried when I saw that earlier.

6. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Where's McGeouch off to then ?

7. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Out of contract and not for staying it seems. No decision made on where he's going to I think.

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  8. Keano88

Rumoured to be Blackburn.

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  9. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    I have never been so gutted for a poor result for a team that wasn't Celtic! Seeing Lenny take Hibs to 2nd place in their first season back in the top flight would have been so sweet. Lenny is really hard on himself too. His ambition is so * huge. Remember he's only 46, only on his 3rd job in management. His first job, at Celtic, was arguably "easier" than managing Hibs due to the resource disparity between Celtic and the rest. Bolton was a bit of a right off. But here he is in only his third job. Gets them promoted back in his first season, and a very strong finish this season. He can break their record points haul. He's managed one of the only teams to beat us this year. He's skepted the huns at Ibrokes too. Hibs fans on other forums love him as their manager. But here we are, he's lost this one game and there goes the fairy tale 2nd place finish. If I could speak to you Lenny I'd say chin up and rock on.

10. Keano88

Definitely had a fantastic season at Hibs - newly promoted and finishing behind Aberdeen who have consistently been finishing 2nd for the past 3/4 years and a team who have the second biggest budget in Scotland.

It’s a pity they are likely to lose their entire midfield and attack this summer with McGeouch offski, McGinn likely to attract suitors and Allan, Barker, Kamberi and McLaren loans ending.

Must be frustrating losing that many key players in one go and having to rebuild.

11. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I watched the game the other night hoping Hibs would turn that lot over (hate the *) .
    I thought Hibs were totally outfought and Lenny shoulda played that big Bartley chav to add a bit of steel in the middle.

Also thought their decision making in the final 3rd was awful...however I think they have had a great season overall despite the disappointment on Wednesday.

12. freitassen

Love this * man. Has passion, respect for fans and understand the importance of football. Don't get me wrong, but I think 7-0 drubbings in Europe or draws with St Johnstone at home wouldnt be tolerated and even complimented by him. The ideal coach would have the tactical knowledge of BR and his character.

About some comments about his tactics and selection, the reason why the aussie attacker was benched is because he had a disgracefully horrible match against Aberdeen, possibly the most important match of the season, which costed the team single handely two points because of his displicent penalty miss and a sitter missed.

Hibernian, a name synonymous with bottling and cowing down in important games, are certainly punching above their weight with him and the fact that he considers 4th place for such team unnaceptable is marvelous, as Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Hearts, etc are managed by spineless cowards who think they did fantastically great by edging out macedonian teams in europa league on the away goal rule. What the scottish football needs is more guys like Lennon that dont accept almost good results and not a stronger "you know who"

Doogs., Seosamh Máirtín and Gabriel like this.
  13. freitassen

It's the depression dude. I know this too well. You have like gray lens that show everything as horrible in your eyes. But when a guy is focused and talented, he has the ability of turning this in ambition and dedication. It's a large part of why I admire this guy. I think I know what he's been through, specially as the football world is full of scoundrels and *, not exactly a bad place for someone with a tendence to feel down. If I was kind of portrayed by the media as whiny for not liking very much receiving death threats and such, I would never come back to such an inglorious shithole as the scottish league. But instead he wants to prove them all wrong and 4th place isnt enough for that.

14. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I understand completely. I really felt for Lennon after that game, and with his supposed disappearance in the ensuing days (missed training and today's press conference), I was pretty gutted thinking about how close he's gotten to the fairy tale finish only to falter at the final hurdle. Reminds me of when he lost the league in Inverness. He's inspirational though. Like I said he's so young in management and will continue to learn and improve. By the time he returns to the Celtic hotseat he'll be at O'Neill's level

cfcturbo and freitassen like this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Hope Lenny is ok but I can understand his frustration.
    I really wanted Hibs to beat that scum the other night but they didn’t come close. Having dominated them for the whole season, when it really mattered for Hibs and meant nothing to the diets, they got completely outfought. Even the penalty they got was a bit on the soft side.
    The Hibs players have done well this season but really let Lennon down when it mattered most.

17. TheHappyLoss

* in work said we should sign him back, * that

18. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lenny was asked pre-match this afternoon if he'd still be Hibs manager next season, he replied, "Definitely"

19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He better * his team at half time

20. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    legend heard he is 100% with hibs next season

buchanbhoy likes this.