1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon Poll

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CodyBhoy, Apr 12, 2019.

Discuss Neil Lennon Poll in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Just read this from Chris Sutton. Great assessment I think -

Lennon is copping the flak for a ?stuttering end to the season but these people need to open their eyes. This hasn’t just happened in recent months – the rot had set in more than a year ago.

Celtic already have more points than last season, so it’s not only this term. No one can deny Brendan Rodgers was an outstanding coach for Celtic and his success speaks for itself. You can’t argue with seven trophies on the spin.

But he also allowed the club to regress over the last 12 months and has left a total mess for whoever is in charge to mop up in the summer.

In fact, you could argue Celtic are in worse state now than when Rodgers came in on the back of Ronny Deila. There is an awful lot work required at the club but it’s extremely harsh to be aiming the negativity at Lennon.

He laid his credentials on the line earlier this week and while he was well within his rights to stand up for himself, he shouldn’t have needed to.

Who else would have put their neck on the line like he has? When he took charge at a minute’s notice back in February, the only thing he could do was mess it up.

2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wish Sutton had the balls to go after Rodgers the way he went after Deila.

3. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Absolutely.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Sutton and Hartson defending Lenny? Colour me shocked...

Jeremie Frimpong and Valhalla like this.
  5. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    So here’s the thing. Rogers built a team to suit his style with players that suit his style. He lost interest probably last year some time and the performances started to drop. Lennon took over with players that fit a style he isn’t used to.

Does anyone remember NLs team a few years ago? We had by far the tallest team in the Chanpions league, look it up. We were tall, strong, great in the air and fantastic at set peices. I remember the Barca game we didn’t even mark the players putting in the crosses. We just crowded the box and defended. I hated those tactics, but they were effective, until the opposition started catching on.

If Lennon is going to have any success next season, he’s going to need a massive rebuilt of the squad and a massive overhaul of tactics. Personally I don’t see it happening. It was boring to watch and we took teams by surprise because they had no answer to our style. I don’t think we’ll get that lucky again and I’d rather we keep this momentum moving the opposite direction. A progressive and experienced manager is needed.