1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon: "fans let us down"

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Sween, Dec 16, 2011.

Discuss Neil Lennon: "fans let us down" in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheese - Burger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larrssonnnnnn
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I agree whole heartedly, no-one is exempt from criticism, UEFA included.
    Is that not what democracy is all about

2. MattMcG

Two different things though. Abuse isn't criticism. If the sign had been something other than abuse, it's unlikely to have caused any problems. It's also not just the banner that's caused an issue here, it's just the most visible aspect. Try see the bigger picture and not just concentrate on whether the banner itself was a crime against humanity or not.

When you've got a flare being thrown onto the pitch and an arrest being made for assault, a '* UEFA' banner just looks like you're out to make trouble.

3. Vic the Brick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson/PVH/McNeil
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team

Probably not, but songs are harder to work out and bring less attention. Especially across language divides. I guess the banner helped to bring your attention to it and help keep the message focused. Throwing fireworks, in my opinion was just another direct ploy to bring attention to the section and therefore the banner.

Childish mate. No need for it. We have been hailed as the best and for roughly 300-400 people to ruin it for everyone is sad.

They don't get the fines. They don't care. The individual's principles are being put before the club and it's other fans.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
  4. Vic the Brick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson/PVH/McNeil
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team
    Nail on the head mate.

5. ynwa1987

I stopped reading this thread days ago when it started going round in circles.

Can anyone tell me if it was confirmed as the GBs banner?

Sad if thats the case, the GB have added a new dimension to CP and dont want to see them in conflict with Lennon, the board and fellow fans.

6. Artur Boruc #1

It was GB banner, aye.

7. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    300-400 people?

i was at the game and didnt even see the banner. i would suggest those involved numbered in the tens not the hundreds.

8. Vic the Brick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson/PVH/McNeil
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team

Sorry mate, I thought it was a planned thing by the Green Brigade. I don't actually know how many are in the GB and was guessing at 300-400. Probably wrong.

9. odonno

Some people on here must be blind, to think that Lenny, Lawwell, Bankier and Billy McNeill have all got it wrong

All said not real Celtic fans? get a grip Bankiers been in position 2 seconds and already comes across as a prawn sandwich eatin uncle * with his "celtic should be more like the tartan army comments"

And Lennons snidey "spelling" comment was not needed at all

Can someone explain what the GB banners have done to promote the club we support ?

Is this a joke? I'm not in the Green Brigade or agree with everything they stand for but this comment makes me believe you dont go to many games at all

Since we are playing Killie on Saturday ill post some GB banners they have displayed whilst playing Killie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Great post mate, sometimes the football's so pish I just watch the green brigade. I can't believe the opinion of some on here towards them. :54:

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I stand by my opinion of the people who slate the Green Brigade ad hominem do not go to the games.

12. Damnati

To get something straight. Was the guy that put the banner up in Udine actually a member of the GB?

13. odonno

Was a GB banner, id imagine people holding it up where in the GB or asked to help hold the banner,

14. limerickmick

Difference between GB and the Celtic plc officials and ceaser is that the GB put money into the club and the others take it from the club

gb and your comments re self publicity = bullshit.GB create an atmosphere and enable vocal support for the team.the publicity you refer to is promoted by the plc and Celtic supporters who now pay ore attention to spectacle created by GB than football.again nothing stopping rest of support from getting off their arses and attempting to eradicate morgue like status of parkhead .plc sold t shirts on the back of just can't get enough,which emanated from GB

15. croppyobhoy

We were paying the same prices a few years ago when we had quality players now we are being asked to pay the same prices for second and third rate players to do the same job, dismal ripped off mushrooms fed * and kept in the dark, bad sad will still be there, just is making me so angry all the * we get from management and directors:47:

16. Belfast-hoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    I concur.

17. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Spot on.

18. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Can't say I can find too many 2nd - 3rd rate players in our existing first team, who do you have in mind when you say that?

19. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    They are decent when on form but how many would have made it into MON's team? We buy on the cheap and the guys we buy are potential a lot of the time. We use to buy proven internationals!

20. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Unfortunately the days of buying proven internationals are gone, the money isn't there if it ever was. We are in a deep recession and have done remarkably well with what we have, and what we have is the best we can afford. There is no sense in comparing previous regimes in better times, and I still can't name (apart from one or two) who I would class as 2nd class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.