1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Help] Need help on buying a Laptop for gaming.

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Moore, Aug 18, 2017.

Discuss Need help on buying a Laptop for gaming. in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    I am big Football manager fan but have not been able to play the last one, 2017, as the laptop I have is not compatible. It loads up but it will crash after about an hour of playing. I also love to play strategy games.

What specs do i need to be looking at for a decent laptop capable of playing games on.

2. HolyBlurt

3. Nasser

What are your Laptop specs and name? My laptop is only i3 core and 8GB and runs Football Manager games no problem, but for other normal graphics games then you are going have to spend a fair bit.

4. CelticBoabie

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Make sure it has GeForce GTX 960M at least. I wanted to play battlefield 1 but my laptop wouldn't run it. I did a lot of research and finally got a hp gaming laptop, i5, 8gb ram and geforce GTX 960. It runs all recent games with no problems.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Go pc.
    Or else you are going to have the same issue in a few years again.

At least when your PC specs become dated and struggle to run fm, you can just upgrade certain components.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Gabriel likes this.
  6. HolyBlurt

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    That's pretty much my PC spec currently.
    Got it about 4 years ago out of argos as well, came same specs minus the gfx card - which I bought that one earlier this year as well.

Can fully agree, it will run all games at a decent level. I've got skyrim, mafia 3, far cry 4, all running well on it. Even that Steep game on ultra settings (pushing it) does run. High is best, and it looks * good!.

My next option for my desktop is upgrading the i5 to an i7 and doubling up the ram.
    But I generally don't need to do that currently, it's just me being greedy.

Fm will run perfectly fine on it for the next good 4 years without a worry, if not more. And I do mean, without a worry.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

HolyBlurt likes this.
  8. HolyBlurt

Aye he would future proof himself in terms of fm for years with this. Plus like you also said in your post he has room to upgrade it if he wants easy enough mate.

Peej likes this.