1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Narcos

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Al Bootyerbaws, Sep 4, 2015.

Discuss Narcos in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I think it's better:50:

packybhoy likes this.
  2. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

:party048:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  3. Lecs

Top drawer show, absolutely obsessed with druglords and all that. My opinion is similar to that of a few guys who have posted in here saying that they basically rushed too quickly through Escobar's life. They should have either fleshed it out a bit in series 1 or just had 1 series and be done with it. The first series went from like 1973 right up to 1992 I think, so one season focuses on a year or even less.

For me as well, I think the show should have introduced some Mexican druglords (who will be the main focus in series 3 & 4) in my eyes anyway. They kinda namechecked a few big druglords and that was it. I'll be tuning in and watching series 3 though, 100%.

packybhoy likes this.
  4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    This going for season 3 already? * I need to get in to it. Watched the first 2 episodes when it came out, thought it was amazing. But left it be while - busy doing 5 other tasks while trying to watch a show like that isnt ideal.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

5. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Still only halfway through season 2. Tremendous show.

When is season 3 hitting netflix?

6. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
  7. Dhan

Season 3 out now on netflix and your other usual outlets

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Season 3 is quality.

I miss Pablo though.

I'm going to enjoy the demise of the Cali Cartel.

10. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Good timing just when GOT is over

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  12. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Season 3 was brilliant, binge watched it over 3 days!

Markos1972 and KRS-1888 like this.
  13. Heb Celt

I watched season 3 in one go on a day off.Good to hear season 3 is just as good,will start it tonight.

14. James Gold Member Gold Member

Season 3 was brilliant finished it last night

15. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Oh aye and in uhd that's my viewing sorted for tonight

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Carlos Muñoz Portal, a location manager for the popular Netflix series “Narcos,” was reportedly fatally shot in rural Mexico last week while scouting filming sites for the show’s fourth season, according to Spanish-language news sites.

Muñoz’s vehicle was found amid cactuses Monday on a remote, unnamed dirt road in Temascalapa, a town in the state of Mexico; inside the car was Muñoz’s body, which had several gunshot wounds, El Pais reported under a headline that translates to “Violence in Mexico surpasses fiction.”

A friend of Muñoz told the newspaper the 37-year-old had been driving to the south-central part of the country to photograph possible filming locations. The friend speculated Muñoz might have drawn unwanted attention to himself as a foreigner with a camera. The region is near the border with the state of Hidalgo, known for its high homicide rate — 182 were reported last year, according to El Pais.
    Because of the rural area, authorities have had trouble finding witnesses, a spokesman for the attorney general of the state of Mexico told the newspaper.

Netflix released a statement acknowledging Muñoz’s death but did not report further details.
    “We are aware of the passing of Carlos Muñoz Portal, a well-respected scout, and send our condolences to his family,” the company said in a statement to Deadline. “The facts surrounding his death are still unknown as authorities continue to investigate.”

“Narcos” debuted on Netflix in 2015, and its first two seasons — following drug kingpin Pablo Escobar, his cocaine empire, and his violent clashes with politicians, criminals and the Drug Enforcement Administration — were set in Colombia. The show’s third season, which began airing earlier this month, focuses on the Cali Cartel, also of Colombia.

In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter last September, “Narcos” showrunner Eric Newman hinted strongly the show’s fourth season would be moving to Mexico.

“Cali was the cartel that really utilized the smuggling routes through Mexico and the Mexican heroin smugglers who were already incredibly successful,” Newman told the entertainment news site then. “They very much got the Mexicans into the cocaine business, so there is sort of a natural evolution there. As to whether I would move directly into Mexico, it’s certainly a possibility.”

According to his IMDb profile, Muñoz worked in the television and film industry for more than a decade, starting as a location assistant in the mid-2000s for movies including “Man on Fire,” “The Legend of Zorro” and “Apocalypto.” His social media pages indicated that he attended the University of the Americas in his native Puebla, Mexico, about 80 miles southeast of Mexico City — and, outside of the film industry, that he was an avid tennis and soccer fan and landscape photographer.

Carlos Muñoz Portal, a location manager for the popular Netflix series “Narcos,” was reportedly fatally shot in rural Mexico last week while scouting filming sites for the show’s fourth season, according to Spanish-language news sites.

Muñoz’s vehicle was found amid cactuses Monday on a remote, unnamed dirt road in Temascalapa, a town in the state of Mexico; inside the car was Muñoz’s body, which had several gunshot wounds, El Pais reported under a headline that translates to “Violence in Mexico surpasses fiction.”

A friend of Muñoz told the newspaper the 37-year-old had been driving to the south-central part of the country to photograph possible filming locations. The friend speculated Muñoz might have drawn unwanted attention to himself as a foreigner with a camera. The region is near the border with the state of Hidalgo, known for its high homicide rate — 182 were reported last year, according to El Pais.
    Because of the rural area, authorities have had trouble finding witnesses, a spokesman for the attorney general of the state of Mexico told the newspaper.

Netflix released a statement acknowledging Muñoz’s death but did not report further details.
    “We are aware of the passing of Carlos Muñoz Portal, a well-respected scout, and send our condolences to his family,” the company said in a statement to Deadline. “The facts surrounding his death are still unknown as authorities continue to investigate.”

“Narcos” debuted on Netflix in 2015, and its first two seasons — following drug kingpin Pablo Escobar, his cocaine empire, and his violent clashes with politicians, criminals and the Drug Enforcement Administration — were set in Colombia. The show’s third season, which began airing earlier this month, focuses on the Cali Cartel, also of Colombia.

In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter last September, “Narcos” showrunner Eric Newman hinted strongly the show’s fourth season would be moving to Mexico.

“Cali was the cartel that really utilized the smuggling routes through Mexico and the Mexican heroin smugglers who were already incredibly successful,” Newman told the entertainment news site then. “They very much got the Mexicans into the cocaine business, so there is sort of a natural evolution there. As to whether I would move directly into Mexico, it’s certainly a possibility.”

According to his IMDb profile, Muñoz worked in the television and film industry for more than a decade, starting as a location assistant in the mid-2000s for movies including “Man on Fire,” “The Legend of Zorro” and “Apocalypto.” His social media pages indicated that he attended the University of the Americas in his native Puebla, Mexico, about 80 miles southeast of Mexico City — and, outside of the film industry, that he was an avid tennis and soccer fan and landscape photographer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-41294516

17. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Pablo was a great character but * me season 3 is the best for me without doubt

18. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Just finished season 3. 7/10 was decent, nothing to write home about.

19. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Watched season 1 as it was released. But only started 2nd a few days back. Half way through. Pablo and his nautical jumpers. I thought he was more into airplanes.:giggle1:

20. Dhan

season 4 Narcos Mexico .......not to shabby about 6 episodes in

Lecs and packybhoy like this.