1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

"Muslim gets owned on radio station"

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by gerry_bhoy, Apr 7, 2010.

Discuss "Muslim gets owned on radio station" in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank_the_bhoy

Didn't have a clue how the heirachy worked:bbpd:

That dosen't effect my views on the religion and the way it is used.

2. Frank_the_bhoy

All religions are complete bull but this one takes the biscuit, I mean you got woman walking around with clothes over there face There is no point to that whatsoever exept so the husband can have complete control over his wife and everything she does, this is a free world and that religion hasn't grown into it yet.

3. JosiahBartlet

This DJ essentially calls for a genocide against Muslims, he's a *.

4. angiebowie

Not all muslims do. Your ignorance is unbelievable. Go read up on the different kind of muslims, and learn more about them before you make such a sweeping generalisation. it is how they choose to live, just because you dont like certain parts of there religion doesnt mean you are owed any sort of apology from all muslims.

5. angiebowie

Oh please feel free to explain how what I said isnt true. Im genuinley intruiged! Or do you need to do more reading on the war in Ireland, the religious battle, the IRA and UVF as well as reading up about Muslims.

edit- sorry for the double post

6. Frank_the_bhoy

I'm a catholic and I (not a practicing one) but I am still deeply embarassed by the stuff that is going on with the church and I would no doubt would like to apologise on behalf of all catholics. I don't think any other catholic would disagree with that, if you were asking a muslim about the war in iraq or afghanistan, would they tell you that the killing of british soldirers is wrong? Not all of them would, infact I think a good few would agree with it.

This religion is a constant source of * for the whole world and you on your blind moral crusade have to realise that
    Islam is the most pathetic religion on gods green earth and catholicism is not far behind, as I said before All religion is pure * you can say you believe in * with out having to follow stupid people controlling rules from these stupid churches and mosques.

Don't you think that it is islams responsability to root out these extreamists and do something about it, No they leave it till we get hit with bombs because of the stupid religion and then just sit back and say it's nothing to do with us and then when someone brings a cartoon out they don't like they are burning things in the streets.

You have to realise that I am allowed to dislike the whole religion because of certin parts of it. I think it's a crock.

7. emmetf

:38:

1: its the UVF, they shot my cousin, he was a protestant
    2: there were many catholic people in the army, from england, and the ira targeted them, ended up killing the same amount catholics as protestants,

this is not something to brag about but its the truth, rather than whatever bullshit youre trying to propagate there

8. angiebowie

And you have to realise that I am allowed to think that you are intolerant.

9. angiebowie

Im well aware of what and who they are, I was being facetious

So you dont think the war had anything to do with religion? or the subsequent battle?

There will of course be rare cases of what you described above, but lets face it, the IRA are predominately Catholic, and the UVF are predominately Prodestant. Thats not bullshit, its common knowledge.

10. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I thinks its fair to say the Troubles are marred in religion. Remember, it started when Brits went in to protect Catholics from Prod mobs. That is quite clearly religious

11. Frank_the_bhoy

It may be but that was why there was a divide, they wern't killing each other because of that .

They were Fighting beacuse the IRA wanted a united ireland:shamrock:

12. Rachaelink

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Not all muslims agree with the terrorist attacks and killing of British troops, just like not all Catholics did during the troubles. There are a small minority however who think that violence is a means to an end.

Whether you agree with the occupation of NI or Afghanistan most sensible people would agree that diplomacy, not violence, is the only way to resolve the issue.

Some people use religion as a way to subjugate others, however many use it as a way to bring themselves comfort and peace in their lives.

I personally do not follow a religion, and believe in scientific teachings rather than religious ones. If I were to denounce an entire faith due to the actions of a few then I would be as narrow and * minded as some of the religious zealots that do exist.

I would never want my freedoms and rights removed because we became a religious state, by the same token I will not expect a peaceful religious follower to give up what they hold dear because I think their views are outdated.

13. angiebowie

When I lived in Ireland, I didnt hear many prods shouting for a united Ireland. Everything comes down to religion, like or not.

14. emmetf

thats like saying the us army is predominantly white and the taliban is arabic, and that is the source of the problems

as for rare cases, no, the uvf were bigots of the highest class, whenever they killed a protestant they apoligized and said they thought it was a taig,

there was very little religious impact on ira operations, they wanted a united ireland or an end to oppression, not the deaths of hundreds of thousands of protestants

and i dont see how you were being facetious when you were using it as a counter point in an argument, then come back and tell me, "its not bull"

so this is friendly semi-sarcastic banter about the touchy subject of religion, hmm, makes sense to me,

15. angiebowie

Sorry, I fail to see any debatable points in your post.

16. Zheng Zhi Guest

There was protestants and even atheists in the IRA.

I agree with Frank the Bhoy on most points. The Muslim world should do more to fight extremism. It is their responsibility. But you know what? Nothing will get done because it is deemed fine by the Koran.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2010
  17. emmetf

Debate? We werent having a debate, you said something that was untrue and I called you out for it, you then said it was sarcasm theb immediately said that I knew it was true, there was never a point from you to begin with

18. angiebowie

At no point have I been sarcastic, I was being facetious when I called the UVF the IVF, all my other points I stand by.

19. emmetf

I wasn't refering to the spelling misrtake in your post

20. angiebowie

I havent said anything that was wrong or untrue. What exactly are you referring to then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.