1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Moussa Dembele

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Sean Daleer, Jun 28, 2016.

Discuss Moussa Dembele in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. donnegal celt

Would anyone care if he went now. He doing * all this year for us. He won't be missed on this year showing.

2. Aidan O’Shea

You’re right in that he’s done * all.

3. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Probably the humiliating defeats in Europe that have pushed him over the edge.

If we sell him we better spend the cash.

Doogs. likes this.
  4. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I think we'll be lucky to get £20mill at this point. His stock has fallen from this time last year

5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I don't think it particularly helps to put out into the public domain comments of how he's 'unsettled' or thinking that his time's up when we're trying to maximise the fee we get.

Zander likes this.
  6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    The age old tale of spending the dough:56:

That's the thing with these transfers. Can never get myself excited over any amount of money coming in - even £100m- cos I know we won't splash it.

7. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Going nowhere.

Tommy25 likes this.
  8. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Thats the whole point, we're still no going to spend the cash. Everyone knows in this day and age we dont operate at a level where we can keep players like Dembelle permanently. Like your Wanyamas and Van Dijks they will inevitably move on for bigger money elsewhere. I think the fans understand this. But what they wont put up with is the board constantly pocketing the money and not re-investing in the team. It wouldnt surprise me if Dembelle is replaced by only another half-decent loan signing that we have no intentions of signing permanently. This is where it could start to take a turn for the worse. If they dont adequately re-invest in the team, they will * off the fans and eventually Brendan Rodgers and the bubble will burst. They did the same thing to Lennon, sold his players from under them and wouldnt give him equal money to sign more players

9. apevrak

We saw a bang average, injury ridden player like Alex Pritchard being sold for £11M to Huddersfield 11 days ago. The man has played 6 PL matches. Dembele is a proven goalscorer in the most prestigious club tournament in the world, being three years younger than this Pritchard *. Dembele is at least worth the double of that price.

Blochairnbhoy and ChrisMoh like this.
  10. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Likeable big guy with a lot of talent. He hasn't been disrespectful; but he clearly isn't terribly bothered about us. OK, well for exactly that reason, I'm not terribly bothered about him, although I vaguely wish him well. It was clear from the beginning that he sees us as a stepping stone; but frankly, that's also how I see him. We take the money, reinvest and continue improving under Brendan, just as we did with Virgil, Vic and Forster before him.

It's just a question of which window TBH. If he goes in the summer, we have him for our EL campaign but will have no time to bed in a new striker for our CL qualifiers. If he goes this window, we can reinvest ASAP.

That's the critical thing TBH. Given that we don't buy finished articles, if he goes this window, we must also buy this window to give Brendan time to work with the new guy.

packybhoy and ChrisMoh like this.
  11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Ah right, fair enough. I'll be so disappointed if Dembele leaves in this window.

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye ye would be a bit disappointed but we need to reinvest if he does go.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Only reason I'd be * if we sold him just now is the fact that football is that fickle all it would take is a goal or 2 to put out Zenit and you can start adding literally millions to his valuation.

You'll get 20 million for him just now regardless of form though and that may be enough. With a tasty sell on fee built in.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Doubt we will. We'll stick with Griffiths and Edouard until the end of the season at least.

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Leaves you with Griff as the only bedded in striker for the Champions League Qualifiers.

Random Review likes this.
  16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I agree but if he's unsettled then that's a distraction in the dressing room we could do without. I can't remember a unity in the squad as strong as last season, we were a total juggernaut with everyone pulling in the one direction. It'd be good to get that back and finish the season strongly.

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It's beginning to look like our transfer activity is dependent on his sale..

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

There's a lot to answer for, if true.

The squads weaknesses have been exposed and our finances should be healthy enough to make the upgrades without having to punt him.

If he goes for £20 million and a good chunk of it isn't reinvested now to give us a fighting chance in the Europa and Champs League qualifiers then the board will open themselves up to all sorts of criticism.

Surely lessons have been learned from times we failed to invest to push home our superiority?

eg. 2004/05 season after losing Larsson, Mjallby, Liam Miller.

or January transfer window of Strachan's last campaign, penny-pinching for Steven Fletcher when JVoH and Samaras were misfiring...ending up losing the league and £20million+ from guaranteed qualification for UCL.

JC Anton likes this.
  19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Ciftci too... :fear:

Sno'sLeftFoot likes this.
  20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If that’s the case then the board need taken to task with all the money in the bank from last season

Tommy25 and JC Anton like this.