1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mohammed Elyounoussi.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 30, 2019.

Discuss Mohammed Elyounoussi. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Morgan will be subbed on before this guy tomorrow.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

ME: I’m proud to be part of the club, to come here and I’m looking forward to the season

ME: "Hopefully I can get some chances to show what I can do, have an impact on the game and help the team to score goals, provide some assists and help the team win games.

ME: "I came into training this morning with Fraser [Forster]. I know Kristoffer Ajer from the national team. I also spoke to Stuart Armstrong, and everyone has just had good things to say about the club and the city, and it’s been a really good first day."

ME: "There were other clubs interested but Celtic was always my first choice and I’m really happy to be here. I’m just looking forward to pulling on the shirt now and showing the fans what I can do."

ME on #RANCEL: "I don’t know [if I'll play]. I’ve just finished my first training session, but that would be the gaffer’s decision whether I’m part of the squad or not. It’s a huge game so I’m looking forward to either being part of it or watching it

ME on #RANCEL: "I’ve played some derbies before but I don’t think there’s anything like this one. I expect it will be a tough game, but it’s a game we can win."

ME on #UEL: "Playing European games at Celtic Park is one of the things that I’m looking forward to. The group looks strong but the squad is really strong here and I think we can do something great in the
    @EuropaLeague
    ."

ME on working with Neil Lennon: "I want to become a better player and I know he can make me a better player, from what I’ve heard, and the way Celtic play football will suit me very well."

3. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Quality

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

STV posted something.

A few minutes later Celtic made the announcement.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Mohamed Elyounoussi enjoyed his first training session as a Celtic player today (Saturday), and the fact there were a couple of familiar faces in the ranks helped him settle in on his first day.

The 25-year-old attacker, who has joined Celtic on a season-long loan from Southampton, travelled up to the club’s Lennoxtown training centre with Fraser Forster, another player who has moved to the Hoops on loan from the English Premier League side.

And waiting to greet him in the dressing-room was his international team-mate, Kristoffer Ajer.

“I also spoke to Stuart Armstrong,” Elyounoussi said, “and everyone has just had good things to say about the club and the city, so it’s been a really good first day.

“Stuart told me about the facilities here, the squad at Celtic and also the city. I asked him where I should live and things like that, stuff outside of football, and he just had great things to say about Celtic.

“It was more of a surprise for Kristoffer because I didn’t talk to him before I signed. I didn’t want to bother him since the team were preparing for the play-off game against AIK. In the end, I had heard enough to convince me to come here anyway, but now that I’m at Celtic it’s good to talk to him about it.

“I’m proud to be part of the club, to come here and I’m looking forward to the season. Celtic is a massive club with a lot of fans, and I like the challenge of trying to win games and win titles."

Elyounoussi moved to Southampton last year after a successful two-year spell in Switzerland with FC Basel. Before that, he had played with Molde in Norway, and scored home and away against Celtic when the sides met in the Europa League back in 2015.

And the Norwegian internationalist wants to put any frustrations of the past 12 months behind him as he aims to recapture the impressive form he’d shown prior to moving to England.

“I came here to become a better player and get back to where I was when I was at Basel,” he said. “So hopefully I can get some chances to show what I can do, have an impact on the game and help the team to score more goals. Obviously they’ve been doing that already, so I’m here to help with that.

“As a footballer, you always want to play more games and show what you can do, and help the team win games.

“Like I said, I want to become a better player and I know the gaffer can make me a better player, from what I’ve heard, and the way Celtic play football will suit me very well.

“I enjoy playing football for a team that has a lot of possession and where the offensive players are allowed to show their skills and be creative. In Basel we were quite dominant and had the ball a lot, and the fans expected us to, not only win games, but also score a lot of goals.

“I want to play for a club where there is a lot of pressure and you have to play well and score goals, and to be dominant in games.”

6. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

He’s here for 10 in a row going by the first pic :57:

Tommy25, Crilly and bkk bhoy like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully.

Tommy25 likes this.
  8. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good back up for Morgan

Luis1967 and charlietully like this.
  9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Weird thing is, he might not play that often in games where we are dominant, but in Europe where we will at best, be equal in strength to our opposition.

Crilly likes this.
  10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He plays his best football with dominant teams.

11. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Ah see, was on * only seen it this morning. Looks a player.

Crilly likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

You’ve been on the toilet all night.

:56:

Luis1967 likes this.
  13. BhoyOhBhoyOBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Throw him in against the Huns. Proper howitzer - they won’t know anything about him but that’s always good for an attacker

Maybe the new Hunskelper?

Tommy25, Crilly, Rydo1888* and 2 others like this.
  14. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Haha! Was all morning buhhh

15. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Didn’t realise he’s scored a couple against us

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Nice.:56:

Luis1967 likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

One player who will be straight into the squad for the game is Celtic’s other new boy Mohamed Elyounoussi, who has insisted he’s ready for a baptism of fire against Rangers.

And he’s out to prove he’s still worth the £16m Southampton paid for him last summer.

The 25-year-old winger penned a season-long loan deal on Friday night and trained for the first team with his team-mates at Lennoxtown yesterday.

Despite only starting one EPL game in 2019, however, he believes he can have an instant impact on the pressure-packed trip to Ibrox.

The Norwegian said: “It’s the manager’s decision whether I play or not and obviously I haven’t played a match for a long time but I feel okay, I feel fit and I have been training hard.

“I would like to play, of course. I have come here to make an impact and help the team to win games.

“So if he needs me, I am ready. Obviously it is a big game so either way it’s something I’m really looking forward to, whether I am watching or taking part.

‘I have played derbies before but I don’t think there is anything like this in Europe.”

Elyounoussi only managed 10 starts in 19 appearances as he struggled to hold down a place in the Saints team last season.

But he believes if he was a £16m player this time last summer, then he must still have the quality.

The 22-cap attacker said: “I talked about that to the manager and that’s what he said.

“I still have that quality but sometimes when you don’t play for a long time it messes with your head and confidence.

“I’ll be trying to get that back and help this team while I’m doing it."

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If he's been training fit I reckon he'll start..

Massive threat that they'll struggle to cope with..

Mon son. Liven up..

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I’d start him, give him an hour on the left. Can’t see it though, just hope he makes an impact however he’s used.

20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I love mikey, but i just feel like tomorrows game is the sort of game he'll be a passenger in, i hope elyounoussi starts with Johnston as a sub, imagine him against a tired hun team?

Dannybhoy81 likes this.