1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Moaning.....Unnecessary or Justified???

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by hiphopaddict, Jan 27, 2018.

Discuss Moaning.....Unnecessary or Justified??? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

I was there too. I was only 10 right enough....I was there with my dad. I had set the VHS on timer to record the game in the house. It was going to be our first trophy in 6 years. I remember Andy Walker scored with like 5 minutes to go and everyone everywhere around me was going mental....that was going to be the end of the trophy drought. Then they equalised. And beat us on penalties. That was the norm in those days....us failing all the time....you got used to being pish.

There's also footage of me on Sportscene somewhere when I was a boy, at old Parkhead kicking a can about behind the goals with some other kid. It was at half time and we were getting beat 0-3 off Motherwell. The camera zoomed right in on us kicking about this can...bored out our * and used to defeat in those days. That was the times.............the bad bad old times

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    When you weigh it up there's deffo an unconscious selfishness about our support that deffo wasn't there..

Who cares

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    When you weigh it up there's deffo an unconscious selfishness about our support that deffo wasn't there..

Who cares though

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers..

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Cheers for bringing that game up.. I was there too very back row of the club deck, made it even more surreal as it felt like we weren't actually there(pish view) * were unscrewing the Huns wee name plaques off their seats. Squinty has done this now in any case..

Remember afterwards walking past the main entrance and wee Brian McLaughlin was standing outside and I said you must be pish if you cannae get in that side wee man. (Might have been injured lol)

Don't ever remember losing 3-0 to Motherwell at Celtic Park but I do remember losing 3-0 to St.Mirren.

Doesn't necessarily mean we're spoiled though, most people just want to see a fair level of investment.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

6. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Aren't folk already saying this ? Hence the thread.

7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

We may moan but its to keep moving forward. Even the worlds best teams can become complacent and mess up. Lets keep improving and strive forward.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The moaning is part of football for people and its what makes it great and the forum is all about opinions, now we wont all agree but if you look at the reasons behind it then make your own mind up;

Unnceccessary

Invinvicible 6 in a row and treble campaign in 2016/17.
    Sold out Season tickets for first time in over a decade and waiting list is now in place again!
    Qualified for UCL 8-4 on aggregate.
    Last 32 EL.
    League Cup in bag.
    11 points clear in SPFL.
    Scottish cup 5th Round.
    Best manager in last decade.
    Group Turnover £90.6m last year.
    Group Turnover to exceed that this year.
    New Hotel and Musuem on the way.
    £2m Desso Pitch on way.
    £24m cash at bank on 30/06/2017 with a significant increase due in interim accounts next month.

Justified

Team has dropped a lot of points at home this season and dont seem to be comfortable playing at CP.
    We have signed a 32 year old CB for £900k and looks like a CB from Dundee coming in when we all admited we needed a quality CB and it looks like it wont happen in our opinion
    Team needs a few signings and except from the 18 month loan for Charly it looks like it wont be this window.
    We have the aforementioned £24m sitting in the bank doing nothing for us in terms of squad enhancement
    We have not built on a position of strength whenever we have been on top previously.
    Investment in player personell isnt at the level fans would have hoped and performances have dropped as players have became comfortable some times like watching paint dry this season.
    Moussa incident handle terribly.
    Manager seems to be agitated therefore fans are seeing that and becoming like that themselves.

9. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

Great post!

McManus4 and cidermaster like this.
  10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Constructive criticism is justified.

Moaning and whinging like a * * and losing your head because we haven't bought 18 players in the January window is not just unjustified, it's spoiled as *. This isn't Football Manager or FIFA kids. I keep having to remind myself we now have a generation raised on MON's team.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Who really haven’t known tough times when buying players from spl clubs was the norm with the odd foreigner flung in!

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Weaker in that we've had key players injured? We haven't sold anyone we don't want to and we've strengthened in both transfer windows, with the likes of Ntcham and Musonda coming in.
    You're talking nonsense regarding us not hunting for CL level players. I'd like to point out Forster, VVD, Wanyama, Hooper, Ntcham, Roberts, Musonda, Dembele.

We can't sign elite players, everyone knows that, but we have done a good job of sourcing diamonds in the rough, so to speak. Inevitably there are duds that don't cut the mustard, but I think the accusation that the club are fleecing our fans is nonsense.

13. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    That's my point mate. Someone that's 18 now and going watch the Celtic would have been born in 2000. So apart from the disastrous Tony Mowbray season...they'd have known but winning and trophies.

Early to mid 90s were truly awful. The old board's answer to oldco rangers dominance was to re-sign players that were successful for us in the past. They thought bringing back Charlie Nicholas, McAvennie and Andy Walker would bring back the good times. Well they were all pish when they came back. Remember folk were touting Brian McLachlan as the new Jinky......oaft.

Wayne Biggins got booed onto the pitch by our own fans when he made his debut as a substitute. We knew the signings were awful....Cascarino, Lee Martin..Gary Gillespie, Stuart Slater, Rudi Vata, oaft

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  14. JamesM09

Every club is guilty of not building from a position of strength - hence why so few clubs go on to win 3+ titles in a row. The problem is it’s very difficult to build from a position of strength. In fact, it is very difficult to just maintain a position of strength.

We’re indentifying the right players and carefully adding to the squad. In the last year we’ve added Kouassi, Ntcham, Roberts, Musonda and Compper to a team that was invincible (minus Roberts obv.) but because we haven’t identified ANOTHER CB we are not building, apparently.

I can’t be arsed reading back so I apologise if I’m wrong, but did I read someone say that if the Hun closes the gap to 4 points and we lose at the * pit then we’ll all change our tune?

Come on to * man. What kind of * thinking is that? We should be panic spending another £10m so a bankrupt mess with a youth coach as their manager don’t catch us? If they catch this team from this position then £100m wouldn’t have saved us ffs.

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Interestingly enough although I get your last point about the 2003 generation (I'm one of them) I don't actually see a lot of the guys to a similar age as me making the same continual points. Look on Twitter and it isn't young guys moaning about wanting players of Larssons quality etc back. We ain't that stupid. Same on here. A lot of the time it's yer archetypal 'Celtic da's'

If anything it is guys who are likely to have been there when the club was anything but spoiled. I was out watching the Hun game before the turnof the new year and had an argument with 2 guys in their late 50's who said they'd rather have Lennon than Rodgers at this stage and that we aren't showing enough ambition in the transfer market and need to 'close the gap' to teams like PSG etc. :56:

I think it's just people of any age who enjoy having a moan, tbh, rather than any select group. Zoomers of all ages.

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

At least the Seville generation would have an excuse what with only ever really knowing success. Anyone over 40 who moans about these times needs their head checked

Mr Shelby likes this.
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I'm just headin aff furra check up fae the neck up .......:67:

18. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Yes a superb post indeed:50: