1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

MMA Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by HectorTheTaxman, Aug 23, 2012.

Discuss MMA Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. peaky101 Gold Member Gold Member

That doesn't read to me like that... like at all. If anything it reads like I'm
    The baddest without taking them.

2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

peaky101 likes this.
  3. peaky101 Gold Member Gold Member

Jones, 29, claimed he took a contaminated sexual-performance pill and USADA confirmed that the pill was tainted. But the arbitrators said in their decision that Jones didn't do his due diligence in determining whether or not what he was using was within the confines of the UFC's anti-doping policy and the WADA Code.

Mate just admit you're talking *, so long as I've seen your posts on this forum you always claim someone has won by cheatin.... it's tiresome

4. peaky101 Gold Member Gold Member

"On the evidence before the Panel, the Applicant is not a drug cheat," the arbitrators wrote in their epilogue. "He did not know that the tablet he took contained prohibited substances or that those substances had the capacity to enhance sporting performance. However by his imprudent use of what he pungently referred to as a '* pill' he has not only lost a year of his career but an estimated nine million dollars

Usada have even stated it was a tainted pull! Direct quotes here

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He's saying it wasn't steroids that made him the baddest mf on the planet :giggle1::giggle1:

It's hardly an excuse when USADA confirm it.

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

If gifs were allowed I'd be posting the one of Homer going back into the hedge... We are about to see @Mystic Penguin backtrack or disappear completely.

peaky101 likes this.
  7. peaky101 Gold Member Gold Member

The guy could have been one of the best ever, not that he won't go onto that now mind you. To me it was a silly ban but I guess the heavy handed punishments puts other athletes off taking them and just hoping to avoid the random tests

8. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    steroids didn't give me.
    How am I talking * he took estrogen blockers because in all likelihood he was on steroids.

He's an amazing talent not taking that away from him though I just think if you get popped for * like that in a sport that we're going out to hurt one and other the bans should be for life.

We've all said daft * years ago

9. peaky101 Gold Member Gold Member

You're talking * because the authority who tested him have backed up his claim that it was tainted pills!! That's why, I guess someone should email them and tell them they are wrong because mystic penguin thinks in all likelihood he was on steroids, because they only reason you would find estrogen in someone's system is to combat the side effects of anabolic steroids

10. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    "Clomid is classified as a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM). Clomid does nothing to prevent the aromatization of steroids into estrogen. The circulating levels of estrogen remain elevated on moderate to high dosages of aromatizing steroids. SERMs only blocks the estrogen receptors thereby preventing estrogen from exerting its effects in certain tissues. SERMs are the gold standard treatment for gynecomastia.

Letrozole, on the other hand, stops the conversion of aromatizing steroids to estrogen. It belongs to a class of drugs called aromatase inhibitors (AIs). AIs keep circulating estrogen levels from ever becoming elevated in the first place. This can be useful to reduce the likelihood of developing gynecomastia but it is not the treatment of choice when treating an active case of gyno. But gyno is not the only undesirable side effect resulting from elevated estrogen levels. Letrozole will prevent those other undesirable side effects via estrogen management.

The most popular use of Clomid among steroid-using athletes is as a component in post-cycle therapy (PCT). PCT is the term used to describe the treatment for anabolic steroid induced hypogonadism (ASIH).

ASIH is a practically inevitable side effect resulting from the use of steroids. The use of exogenous steroids suppresses the body's natural production of testosterone. When an athlete completes a steroid cycle, their natural testosterone levels are much lower than when they start."

https://www.steroid.com/blog/Jon-Jo...-PCT-Drugs-Doesn-t-Mean-He-Used-Steroids.php#

"Jones had his T/E levels measured on three occasions -- an extra test was ordered because his first sample was diluted -- as part of out-of-competition drug testing ordered by the NAC. His ratio in the three tests were 0.29:1, 0.35:1 and 0.19:1, well below the normal ratio (1.3:1) for an average African-American male, according to Conte. In addition, Jones’ testosterone levels in those three tests were 1.8 ng/mL, 0.59 ng/mL and 4.9 ng/mL; the average level for a male is 61.3 ng/ML."

“The question is what was suppressing his testosterone production for that period of time. Something caused it to go down, and I do not believe it was overtraining,” Conte said. “Exogenous testosterone and other steroids in a period of time, depending on dosage and method of administration, can completely shut your testosterone and epitestosterone levels in urine to 0....The levels being low there can be many explanations. [People say], ‘Well maybe it’s because he was taking cocaine.’ There’s no solid science out there that shows cocaine lowers testosterone.
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Vi...Levels-Before-UFC-182-Highly-Suspicious-80631

I mean it's more than likely but I guess people don't want to see their favourite fighter or sportsperson as a cheat and I get it. A lot of fighters haven't looked the same since USADA came in.

11. peaky101 Gold Member Gold Member

I don't believe, could be, well maybe.... sounds like he's not exactly sure.

You can pull all the quotes you wish from musicians and Past convicts, Conte as far as I know doesn't have a degree in any pharmaceutical study??? Yeah he might have served time from distributing steroids but that doesn't mean he is an authority on the subject matter.

Why do you trust his say so, a convict, over the independent usada and there verdict that yes Rhodes substances were in his system but it was due to accidentally taking a tainted pill?

Why would jones even risk it? He knew the ramifications would be severe if he was caught doing so?

12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Still can't believe what Jones done to Cormier last. After all that time off as well. He was already the GOAT for me, but last night was just frightening.

And his chin is * ridiculous.

peaky101 likes this.
  13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The prospect of him attempting to wipe out the heavyweight division is frightening. If Cain gets himself healthy and gets a few wins under his belt, my * what a * fight a bit down the road.

He also has a Gus rematch at LHW, potential fight with Lesnar and then avenues like Werdum, N'Gannou and ultimately Stipe. He's made himself a massive commodity, watch Dana start crawling back up his * :56:

Pacific Ocean Blue and MacEwan like this.
  14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

People don't want to see their favourite fighter or sportsperson as a cheat, but people also love to see the greatest fall and will spout lies to make people believe that.

You're making assumptions based on something that happened. You're claiming he must have been on steroids. Even Cormier said he wasn't on steroids for the OSP fight, when he was at his biggest, around the time he got done for the two substances. Nothing adds up. It's a sad accusation.

15. peaky101 Gold Member Gold Member

Not sure they get on though? Didn't Jon come out and say Dana will only have anything to do with you if you're making him money and since his alleged doping he hasn't heard from him

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

They didn't talk from the Cormier fight being cancelled, to the press conference the other night. But then at the weigh ins and that they look happy again, Dana with the dollar signs in his eyes.

peaky101 likes this.
  17. peaky101 Gold Member Gold Member

I thought that would be the case, rubbing his hands together at the thought!

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

That's what I'm getting at, Jones says he doesn't like him - he was nowhere to be seen in the bad times.

19. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Why do trust Jones a convict? He nearly killed a pregnant woman and gives zero *.:56:

Watching him on the JRE you can tell he's a pathological liar and in all likelihood a sociopath.

20. peaky101 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm trusting the investigation into the case. Not jones alone.

I thought he he came across well on that podcast! Seemed pretty remorseful, also for nearly killing that's a bit of a hyperbole