1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

MMA Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by HectorTheTaxman, Aug 23, 2012.

Discuss MMA Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Swervedancer Guest

Will watch that video in a bit. Is Holm the boxer? Nunes destroyed her?

2. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
  3. Swervedancer Guest

Ah right thanks I thought I was getting mixed up. Holm has been good at taking the fight on here but De Randamie looks more dangerous I think.

Wow De Randamie didn't get past a round with Nunes? I think she is by far the best female though is she not?

mygirlmaria likes this.
  4. Swervedancer Guest

* that was bad timing for Holm. I was giving her the fight too but that must've unsteadied her.

Mind you it was for her making the fight I was giving it to her but De Randamie seemed to land big shots that Holm walked into.

Holm definitely braver.

* Kevin Clancy refereeing this one. De Randamie punched into Holm well after the buzzer the second time ffs.

5. Priest

This ref is a * joke, huns will be looking for him to be appointed in their next game against us.

Swervedancer likes this.
  6. Swervedancer Guest

Can't believe the ref is giving her three chances after the buzzer.

Holm is a tough cookie. I think this is a huge round for her to get points back over De Randamie.

The referee at the end of the last round, a little late keeping them apart :56:

You'd think the judges could take a points off for late hits themselves?

I would like Holm to win because I found her more aggressive but De Randamie landed a lot of power.

Well done De Randamie.

What I don't understand was how often Holm clinched because she was achieving nothing and her coach was going mental telling her to disengage disengage!!!

Who is De Randamie calling out as the best she wants to fight now?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2017
  7. Swervedancer Guest

That is hilarious :rofl: It's like he's trying to perform a Vulcan Mind Meld while a professional fighter is punching him in the face. It's also like he's saying punch me I won't feel it you wimp in a few seconds I'm going to destroy you. Was a bit similar in his earlier fight he won cause it's too obvious for him not to notice how dangerous that looks when it's happening. Very weird though, he can't possibly take any punch a pro can upper cut with. Imagine doing that to Golovkin? Silva looks like a terrific fighter, as if he's got access to a wide range of styles to practise against at his weight?

Is there a top gym in the world with such a range of high level fighters to practise high level ranges of techniques? Would be in the US I imagine if it exists?

8. Henke102

Aye would I * pay for that fight either, don't understand why Mcgregor keeps saying he isn't sure what he wants to do next. He is a UFC fighter pick a * fight in the UFC and crack on with it! Mayweather signed a 6 fight contract culminating with the Pacquaio fight in his mid-late 30's after having huge fights before and all against considerable enough opponents. Would be good if Mcgregor would do something similar. Obviously UFC works different though and money is a huge issue.

9. Larsson93

That was an absolute robbery from Silva. Brunson was more hesitate than usual but still took that comfortably.

I imagine the only reason anyone scored it for Silva is because he is Silva?
    Although Silva initiates the clinches they were all Brunson, he landed 4/5 solid shots in the one at the end of the first and Silvas head was all over the place.

ourdaywillcome! likes this.
  10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Only Poirier let me down by not finishing Miller last night. Silva decision and Jacare Sub came in.

11. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Was this as bad a card as it looked?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Sounds it, I fell asleep after Glover v Cannonier.

De Randemie v Cyborg then?

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It'll sell millions, whether it's a circus act or not. Which it will be coincidentally.

Anyone that says McGregor won't land a punch or will die etc... is talking utter pish. He'll land some punches but he isn't a boxer, Mayweather will win a boxing match in 2nd gear.

14. Nasser

Dana White sounded really * off by the whole night. The womens featherweight division is just going to be on hold now with GDR injured and Cyborg with her problems, They have a champion that no one wants who punches after the bell, I hope this puts to bed talk of adding yet another womens weight class.

15. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Obviously disappointed that Holm never won, even more so given the circumstances. Holm-Cyborg probably generates decent PPV numbers.

Just don't enjoy womans MMA at all. Hardly any consistency. Watched the last few fights of the main card and went for a shower a round into the main event, says it all.

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Pretty bad, probably the worst I remember seeing since I cant remember.

Crowd were shocking too, booing during fights, there was also * shouting constantly that you could hear like "* dana white", "* cyborg", "* off" and allsorts during fights, probably the same guy shouting all the time, atmosphere sounded *.

It was a bad night it seemed all round.

I thought Silva won, was suprised when the 2 other commentators spoke like he was losing although the same happened in the Bisping fight I thought he won as well. Silva avoids being hit well and hits quite accurately and just moves with a bit of style and class that others dont even at 42 or whatever he is now.

I thought Holm one was probably a draw, Holm looked better than her but the other woman did hit her harder most of the time and Holm * up in the 4th or the last cant mind now, where her corner were constantly shouting step back, break up, move away, use your kick boxing but she stayed in a clench as the clock ticked away. Holm would win a re-match I think if they went again.

That referee made a * of himself as well in the Holm fight, letting her get hit twice after the buzzer, breaking them up all the time then at the end he was standing between them while the fight was still ongoing, * stuff. Makes you realise how good the normal refs are as you never notice them.

17. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mcgregor vs mayweather looks like it's on according to the sun and the mirror( I know, I know)

18. Nasser

Amazing submission

19. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

“People think I’m a celebrity. I’m not a celebrity. I break people’s faces for money and bounce.”

Quote from McGregor, can just imagine him saying that! :giggle1:

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Cyborg can fight, no suspension. Give her De Randemie and give her the belt.