1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mitchell Roberts.

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Aug 29, 2019.

Discuss Mitchell Roberts. in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Ye but in fairness we were never gonna sign a 15mill player and Bauer is essentially a buy if we want him

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yeah there will be a bit of spend at the start, but we'll end up losing an asset and go into the campaign no doubt still trying to fill a void.

Whilst I'm delighted with Elynoussi, it does mean that this guy could be brilliant for us and then come end of season he's off.

3. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    That I get, but we've already got 4 loans, and tbh outwith possibly buying Taylor who I don't want any possible other player will be a loan.

Even though there are buys possible from loans there ain't any guarantee they'd stay.

It just seems this is what we can come to expect spending money on projects, Kouassi cost a lot of money and look how that's turned out.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  4. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    [QUOTE="dbhoy72, post: 6446213, member: 38630"

It just seems this is what we can come to expect spending money on projects, Kouassi cost a lot of money and look how that's turned out.[/QUOTE]

Would you have considered VVD and Wanyama as projects? Certainly at least Wanyama was. We need to be open to sign exciting projects around the world because it's one of only three ways we will have a world class player in our team. The other is through the ranks and to a lesser extend a loan.

Signing young players like Christie and Armstrong from Scotland that already shinning in the league in the league is a no brainer.

If I'm honest I haven't noticed Taylor like I noticed the other two. I'm struggling to think of a defender in the league that's young who's impressed me on several times I've watched him. And again I didn't notice Jack Hendry till we signed him. If I was pushed to name one over last few years only name I can think of is Scott McKenna. Queue the pelters!!!!!

The one that got away of course was Robertson

5. marco1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean south
    Well Robertson never really hot away we let him go