1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

#metoo

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by GAA_Celtic, Apr 2, 2019.

Discuss #metoo in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. GAA_Celtic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    No
    Whilst women and men should be allowed to have their privacy respected and be treated equally there is a dark side bubbling underneath all of this.

I see Joe Biden has been accused of touching a woman's face.

From the BBC "Amy Lappos said Mr Biden had touched her face with both hands and rubbed noses with her a decade ago."

I get that they were touched and felt violated but why do they feel the need to mention it a decade later. It seems to be a lot of people are using it to try and further their own careers.

I volunteer in mental health with children and we are told under no circumstances are we to have physical contact with a child. Again, I get this but when under certain situations such as if a child is bleeding we have to stay away If the child is balling their eyes out, stay away and so on.

Gully Sands and belbhoy like this.
  2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

World is *, the lunatics are running the Asylum.

Aidan O’Shea and Dalbeth3 like this.
  3. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    This has been going on for years. There's dozens if not hundreds of YouTube videos about it.
    Have you seen the numerous videos of the creepy auld * touching women and girls up? Watch it and tell me if you think he's behaving appropriately. If some old * put his hands on my daughter they way he does i'd have my hands round his throat.
    Also there is a big difference between giving first aid and/or comforting a child to stroking their face and whispering sweet nothings.
    Trying to link the two is where the * problems start.

4. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Well you think sleeping with young boys when you are a grown man isn't nonce behaviour. I'm glad the world is * in that case.

5. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    This was posted on YouTube in 2017.
    Secret Service agents statements and sexual assault pay-offs to the tune $17million to ex-agents is pretty damning.

Aidan O’Shea and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  6. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If he was a Republican the media in the US would have been all over this years ago.

7. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It's all Scott Brown's fault.

Xatraps, jake10, Dalbeth3 and 2 others like this.
  8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Joe Biden is a creepy *.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Do I? Bit of a slanderous statement to make.

10. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

You spent two days defending MJ's behaviour saying and i quote "I’m not defending him, said plenty times I don’t know if he is a paedo or not but as far as I’m concerned based on what we know so far - he isn’t.".

This isn't the thread for that though.

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Screw the nut, *.

12. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Your the one in here giving it coz someone has the audacity to report someone for sexual assault.
    And am the * :56:

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Aye.

14. MikeyBhoy89 Stranger In Paradise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Varga
    Fav Celtic Song:
    o
    The left in America only care about sexual assault if its republicans doing it. They didn’t care about Clinton being a serial rapist and they don’t care about Biden.

He is a right creepy * every time he meets a young girl. Keeps kissing them and saying “no dating till your 30 “.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  15. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Nothing surer.

16. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Sound advice from a concerned stranger.
    On a serious note Mikey, I know the democrats are always bundled into the media tag of being on the left of the political spectrum in the U.S. And so that leaves the Republicans for the right side votes and never the Twain shall meet. But for me and watching lots of American news and propaganda based political commentary on TV, (* knows why I find it interesting) I have an opinion that the democrats are far removed from even being centre never mind left. Both parties spend so much time and money trying to discredit one another but can’t live without each other in the need to pander to their electoral voters.

Clinton and Biden don’t have any credentials at all to be about the people. Social housing, schools and health care are not high up on their priorities and never will be. They are about doing for the rich and back slapping and hand greasing all the way to the top where the dollar is king. Now for the first time ever in the states there is an actual left wing rising with people starting to wake up to the time old brain washed methods of overdose politics. We see Antifa growing steadily and taking to the streets and even facing down the white extremists rallies. But the media have decided to pick a side instead of covering the actual story. They discredit real left wingers as Commies and traitors to the flag. I even watched a few Joe Rogan podcasts where he was biging up extremists who were openly attacking counter protesters. America is dirty and always was and it will continue Trading in dirty tactics while there are only two populist parties that both by all purposes are totally right wing.

clonbhoy likes this.
  17. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Poison that old *. Saw clips at times but not all together and it makes for really uncomfortable viewing. * monster should never be around kids and I’d fear for his grandchildren.

18. PorchBhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Without getting into the bigger problem of information warfare, opposition research, and propaganda (that every "side" out there employs), here's my 2cents:

Maybe something that might help provide some context is how Biden treats the men around him. Does he kiss them on the back of the head or say diminutive things to them? If not, then why does he do this only to women? Can he assume that all women would find this acceptable? I know I wouldn't -- don't let my handle for this forum fool you; that's just the name of my CSC.

I ask these questions because American culture is strange, especially if you take into account that it's stolen land, built from slave labor and indentured servitude, and filled with thankless immigrants from around the world (again, my 2cents). We've got issues. :grntongue But in short, what that means is that you have a lot of people that treat personal space, affection, positive reinforcement, respect, and interactions between the genders very differently. There is no acceptable and "timeless" cultural standard for behavior and I think #metoo is trying to define that along gender lines, despite all its missteps and good intentions. I consider this very much a work-in-progress that will continue to (and should) be refined...

clonbhoy likes this.
  19. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    He's a creepy *.

I don't have a problem with people speaking out about what happened in the past. It's behaviour no one should have to put up with.
    Touching someones face might seem a bit tame but if the person it was happening to was uncomforable with it then they've every right to speak out about it. It can make other people now see that they don't have to just accept that * and for the other side to maybe take a look at the way they act with people.

clonbhoy likes this.
  20. GAA_Celtic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    No
    Just want to make the point that my first post was not defending anyone who has acted inappropriately towards others but it was to highlight the ugly side of the movement.

Biden wasn't a great example. However, I do still feel that similar issues (not in Biden's case) are used to smear people. For example Brian Banks - his life was ruined by a woman who claimed he raped her.