1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Moustache, Mar 13, 2017.

Discuss Mass Effect: Andromeda in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Moustache

[​IMG]

Hi everyone, I couldn’t see a thread for this, so I thought I’d go ahead and make one.

I’ve tried cover pretty much everything in the posts below, but I’ve chosen to leave out things that I think are a bit too spoilery. I’ll try and keep this thread updated in the lead up to the game's release.

[​IMG]

Details:

Trailers:

[​IMG]

Details:

Screenshots:

Squad Selection Screen:

[​IMG]

The Kett:

[​IMG]

The Angara:

[​IMG]

Trailers:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    Velvet Bollok and Artorias like this.
  2. Moustache

[​IMG]

Details:

Screenshots:

The Tempest & Nomad:

[​IMG]

Weapon Loadout Screen:

[​IMG]

Skills Screen:

[​IMG]

Trailers:

3. Moustache

[​IMG]

Details:

Screenshots:

Multiplayer Character Selection:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Details:

Trailers:

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Great stuff mate.

I watched a 15 minute gameplay video on IGN a few days ago. Really don't like the tone of it. Mass Effect 2 is one of the best games I've played and it had quite a dark/mature feel to it.

The stuff I watched from this game had the cheesiest dialogue ever. Feels like it's aimed at Twilight fans.

5. Moustache

Yeah, they've never been the greatest at dialogue. They tend to verge in to a teenagers tumblr account style of writing at times.

In saying that, I still usually enjoy their games (although after ME3 & DA:I, I'm definitely a bit more wary of them).

6. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I've never played any of this series but I've considered getting this,

7. Moustache

For what it's worth, outwith one or two things, this game won't have too much to do with the previous trilogy.

The developers have been pretty keen to point out that this is basically a fresh start.

8. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah that's one of the reasons I've been quite open to it. I've heard the first few were really good, but it's always nice feeling like you've not missed a shitload of the story when you jump into a series.

9. M 67

What's the script with colonies etc? Do you get to create and manage them at all?

Would be good to have the FPS mixed with a strategy game!!!

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

7.5 seems to be the average score across the board. Sort of saw it coming to be honest.

Might give it a miss.

11. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

That's what I'm thinking, it's had fairly muted reviews.

12. Moustache

Yeah, it's definitely not reviewed as well as I hoped it would, although I can't say I'm that surprised. Andromeda was developed by the team who made the Omega DLC for ME3, which wasn't great, and they're pretty much Bioware's C-team at this point (and that's if you don't count Bioware Austin/the Star Wars team).

I can't really decide if I want to just buy it now or wait for a sale. I don't really have anything else to play at the moment, and that's probably going to be the case until September or so, so I'm tempted to get it now,

13. Metlson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Unlocked here about 2 hours ago. Absolutely fantastic game thus far. One one or two bugs but I'm really enjoying it

14. JamesM09

I loved the Mass Effect trilogy so I'm really looking forward to this. I must say the poor reviews, poor trailer and the fact it's not made by Biowares A-team has put me off a fair bit.

Just remembering back to that shocking Mass Effect 3 ending - that really seemed to kill off a very promising franchise. The Mass Effect universe was really interesting and now it seems they're having to move to another galaxy to get over that stupid ending.

15. Bunk Moreland

Just recently bought and finished it, must say I enjoyed it and either the patches since launch completely fixed the game or the game wasn't bad in the first place and the poor reviews were a load of *.

16. Velvet Bollok

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Bought this for cheap on xbox store. I reckon im about 1 of 10 people who still play online multiplayer, im constantly seeing the same people when i log on in a lobby, no joke it takes a while to get a game going on platinum but its good fun. Im not sure why ive not touched the campaign yet probably a mixture of the bad reviews and the fact i like the multiplayer so much on me3. It is s good grind although it has its flaws it can keep me entertained thats the main thing.