1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Makaay Poll

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by homerbhoy, Jun 12, 2007.

Discuss Makaay Poll in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. oasisgurl

Fav Celtic Player:
    the hoaly one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    :37:for * sake, this is not an english exam its a forum, i only need to spell correctly when im doing exams or adrressing important people, neither of those apply to this forum, so i will continue spelling how i like. fgs are you a school teacher?

back to the point anyway, celtic should sign mckaay for a few years, they are in no posistion to knock back a player of his experience

2. virgil1967

Think byern would still want roughly 2million for him plus at least 45k week in wages so at the moment def not! However at the end of the window if we still havent signed anyone then yes on a 2 yr dela max!! Purely for CL experience and the fact i think hed be good JVOH!

3. Martin

No I am not a school teacher but if you can spell properly then how about doing it ? You shouldn't expect the people reading your posts to do all the work - they are your posts, so you do the work.

BTW you don't need to be very smart to know that learning to read, write and spell is a pretty basic communication skill, and the only way to get good at it is to do it right. The forum is ALL about communication. You seem to be saying that you LIKE to spell things wrongly. Why the * that would be the case is difficult to comprehend. Do you take no pride in how you communicate ?

4. Gaffney

Fav Celtic Player:
    JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

Erm Jvoh killen and mcdonald + Sheridan we don't need strengthenning upfront we need to sell some players Zurawski + miller + maby beattie

5. virgil1967

I think for the most part goal scoring has been a big problem because our midfield couldnt cut through butter wi a hot knife! Yes miller missed chances but we just didnt create anywhere enough of them. I felt sorry for zurawski because he had to try and make chances for himself because the midfield gave him nothing!!! I think he and jvoh are two very gifted finishers but they need service to produce and they just didnt get that last year.

6. Martin

We need to punt the the three you mention above and get a QUALITY striker in. If you are telling me that we don't need a striker of higher quality than McDonald and Killen then I am stunned. We need, without question, another quality striker.

7. ChristianH

Fav Celtic Player:
    Everyone who's wearing the Celtic shirt
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    VoH = World class!
    McDonald = SPL class... NOT good enough for games in Europe.
    Miller = Quick. Makes som good runs, but never score.
    Beattie = Sorry Bhoys. But this guy is overrated. Will never be a top class goalscorer neither.
    Killen = Good back-up. Not near good enough for start-eleven.
    Riordan = Good reserve. But maybe more a wing/forward than a striker.
    Magic = Better than the rest (except VoH of course). But haven't played his best this season. Scores goals, but he seems best against lower teams and thats not good enough when you want to have sucess in Europe.

No doubt we need a quality striker.

8. hairytoes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ceasar, Maestro, Lubo, Henrik, Naka, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm in the NO Camp, he's going to cost top dollar on signing fee & wages (ala Gravesen) if he's * (ala Gravesen) it'll be hard to recoup our initial outlay on him, never mind make a profit (ala Gravesen).

In short, there are better, cheaper, faster & more profitable players out there - we just need the scouts to come up with a few names - instead of the * newspapers & websites!

9. gunt

Totally short sighted signing idea. He is 33 next season and that is over the hill for 90% of strikers. Why dent the money pot shelling out 4 million on a fee and big wages for 1 good season. We should be looking at building a team for the next 5-10 years. Another juninho/ian wright type signing is not welcome.

10. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    100% yes. He is a top class striker who I think would score 25 goals a season for us.

11. gunt

why is the vote count the way it is when most seem to be saying no.

12. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!
    Silent Majority mate

13. Rosario FC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain, Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, The Celtic Song
    I'd prefer Malky Makaay tbh:56:

14. GuitarBhoy

Gangland, Vancouver, BC, The Great White North
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic
    If he wants alot of money, no.
    And we have enough strikers, so no

15. ChristianH

Fav Celtic Player:
    Everyone who's wearing the Celtic shirt
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Good player cost money. And we actully can get him for free.

And aye, a lot of strikers. But a lack for quality strikers. Thats our problem.

16. hkbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley

agreed...the guy is a proven scorer. I would take him in a heart beat within our financial constraints

we have only 1 decent EUROPEAN reknowned striker at the mom. I worry for us in Europe if your asking Killen, MacD and others to carry the can with VoH

17. gunt

The lurkers.

18. squire_2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scotty Broon & Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Am no buyin it, think we could do better than Makaay. He was a good striker a few year ago an am talkin 3 or 4, but to me he was always over-rated. Good finisher yes but not what we're lookin for imo. We need someone with pace as well as an eye for goal.

19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I clicked on yes but it's a yes with reservations for me. He is a proven goalscorer at the top level and probably has another 2 certainly one season at the top left in him.
    But given his age and if he demands big money I would not go with Makaay. A one year deal that is well within our wage structure would make Makaay a great deal for Celtic but I don't see him as been worth breaking the bank over.