1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia] Mafia 11 - Mean Streets

Discussion in 'Competition Corner' started by Saul Goodman, Aug 17, 2017.

Discuss Mafia 11 - Mean Streets in the Competition Corner area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Please Note:

• I may, or may not have added role(s) into this game that have never been used in a mafia game before, on this site or elsewhere.
    • I will be incorporating short YT clips from various mafia films/shows into write ups when players have been killed. If you want to avoid Spoilers then it is probably best to avoid watching them. I will include a Spoiler Alert in the posts. There wont be anything to read from these videos and they are purely for entertainment.
    This time around, you will not be told how many mafia are in the game, nor will you be told which Power Roles (if any) are active in the game. You will only be told your own role in the Role PM, that I have already sent.

Format

1. A player is lynched when a majority of the remaining players have simultaneously voted against them. For example, if 15 players remained then a player would be lynched when they had 8 votes cast against them. Majority lynch is required at all times during this game.

2. To vote against a player you must indicate your intent like this (bolding your text): Vote: Deebo To remove your vote you must then do the following: Unvote: Deebo You cannot change your vote until you have unvoted in the proper format. Votes will not carry over from one day to the next. You may not self-vote.

3. The first day will have an approximate 42 hours hour deadline, with all subsequent day phases having a 36 hour deadline. There will be no deadline for night phases. For clarity, if the deadline is 20:00, no votes will be accepted after 20:00. If your vote is at 20:01, it is too late.

4. If no majority decision has been reached by the deadline then the day will end in a no-lynch and the game will immediately progress to the night phase.

5. Once a player has been lynched or killed their role will be publicly revealed. That player will then have no further role in the game and will need to refrain from any further posting.

6. You can Role Claim at any stage of the game, however it is up to the judgement of the other players whether to believe you or not.

7. To avoid ambiguity and issues of timing, protection roles will always activate before killing roles, regardless of when each were sent. So if someone is protected, then it doesn't matter if the mafia had sent their kill before the protection action was sent to me.

~~~

Rules

1. Nobody wants the game to be plagued by inactivity. If I feel the contribution of any player is not up to standard then they will be mod-killed. Contribution means actually focusing on the game, not making one random joke post on a given day.

2. Editing posts is forbidden to prevent anyone from removing incriminating information from the past or to attempt to assist from the grave. You'll have to leave any typos you make alone and fix errors in a second post. I will give warnings on this issue and if they continue to break this, then the players responsible will be mod-killed.

3. Quoting content from private messages with the host will result in an instant mod-kill, as will any attempt to fish for information about what communications have occurred between the host and other players.

4. Discussing this game outside of this thread, in public or private, will result in an instant mod-kill. Places this applies to includes but is not limited to other threads on this board, other forums, social media sites & chat-rooms. If you are contacted by someone playing in this game or otherwise about your role or general involvement in this game please message me about this immediately.

5. Those who are not playing in this game or have been lynched or killed are not permitted to post in this thread until the game has concluded. The exception to this is if any issues that require the presence of the moderators occur.

6. Players who have been lynched or killed are not permitted to have private discussions with other players who have been lynched or killed, just like those who remain in the game.

7. Posting statements to the effect of "I swear I am not Mafia & will delete my account if I am found to have lied" will result in an instant mod-kill.

8. Both players & lurkers are not permitted to use the "Like" feature on posts in this thread, regardless of what the content of the post is.

9. The only messaging with reference to this game that is legal are communication between the Mafia and contact with the host. Members of the Town are NOT permitted to message each other or anyone else about the game.

10. For the sake of having it clear who is being voted for I am requesting that everyone cast use display names that contain their sign-in name or the name they are commonly referred to.

11. Any role blocking roles, will only be applied to the individual that is role blocked.

Make sure you read the rules and game format, but if you have any questions, then send me a PM.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  2. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Day 1

With 16 alive, the innocent townsfolk are eager to rid themselves of the recent manifestation of Mafia Scum that has plagued the Mean Streets of TalkCeltic. They have until 6pm on Saturday to identify their first scumbag.

3. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  4. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    I am a mighty Vanilla Townie!

5. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

VT again

6. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Prove it

7. obafgkmlt The Unseen Fenian American SpaceTeuchter

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Jules
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing

This townie grew up on Mean Street :boxing:

8. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Toon

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Going to assume some new roles have been added as stated in the OP. Hopefully they're in our favour, so we can sniff out the mafia scum.

10. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Also town. 4 mafia?

11. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I posted in the wrong thread. VT again

12. The Greenman King of kings

Peanut butter jelly townie

13. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Townie again.

14. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
  15. Keano88

Double voter again.

Just kidding,

Vanilla town.

16. borobob

Fav Celtic Player:
    Juninho
    VT Again

17. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Vanilla town again, let's keep the good run going.

18. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    thank the sweet jesus !!!!! I am vanilla townie my vote is my weapon .

this game is much less stressful when you are just a vote !!!

19. Mr. Slippyfist

Suppose every * is gonna be claiming Vanilla Town again?

:56:

20. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Only thing that stands out, so far, is Minty trying a wee bit too hard possibly.