1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Luku Ivanušec

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Aug 18, 2019.

Discuss Luku Ivanušec in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Been feeling like this since the window last summer

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  2. DonnyCelt

Think we may as well just close the whole transfer thread

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He looked class as well.

4. Roskopicachu

My guess last night was it had moved from being a "Should Rangers sign this guy" story, to a "Celtic have missed out on" story.
    The angle being that Sevco had signed players from this league before, so why not again. At no point did i see Celtic linked until basically the story had been announced he'd just about signed for Dinamo.
    Might be true as we've been linked with a right back from Olympiacos.
    If our scouting teams don't watch the big games in all these leagues, they need to. There's no excuse not to. Top of the league clashes in all these sort of leagues in terms of entertainment, atmosphere, noise etc. is far more entertaining than watching the Premiership and listening to A)the commentators B)the * songs they sing.
    It might be we were looking around this area for a right back and caught wind of this deal. I doubt it. Would we be trying to sign a right back from Olympiacos, and then on the side jacking their transfer targets?
    Maybe, if we didn't have any joy on the right back. 2.5 million or 5. Most teams would take the 5.
    If they did this for the good of the player and on gentleman's agreement terms, and never broke those terms, that sounds to me like a good club to work with.

5. freitassen

How can we compete with the financial clout and pull factor of big english premier league clubs such as Dinamo Zagreb?

6. Damnati

To be fair, we'd expect local talent to sign for us rather than go to Zagreb. Article does state he wanted to stay there.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  7. freitassen

"local talent" is Greg Taylor and Stephen O'Donnell. I expect them to sign for Aberdeen, the huns or the league one which is more like their level

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  8. Damnati

I agree, but that's not my point.

My point was in reference to guys like Christie or possibly Turnbull in the future. We would expect them to have a massive preference for us over Dinamo Zagreb.

Obviously none of us really know what's gone on here but I just think Zagreb are in a better position than us to snap up Croatian talent.