1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Lucas Leiva

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Valhalla, May 14, 2017.

Discuss Lucas Leiva in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Lucas is on a free though.

McCarthy would still command a fee upwards of £8m. Which, tbh, I now wouldn't want us to even consider. Don't think we would, either.

2. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Experienced, played under Brendan, wants first team action in champions league, in his prime, free, Brazilian. Yes.

DoTheBroony likes this.
  3. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He'd walk into half the EPL teams, class player would love to get him. Bit worried with his injury history but worth the risk, plus we seem to be managing injuries really well now.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic face a battle with Brighton if they pursue a summer move for Liverpool’s Lucas Leiva.

Manager Brendan Rodgers is scanning the globe hunting fresh faces to boost his squad for next season.

The Celtic boss has been alerted to the fact that Lucas will be allowed to leave Anfield on a free transfer at the end of the season.

Rodgers worked with the Brazilian at Anfield and is aware of his current position.

However, should Rodgers advance with any concrete move for Lucas, he’ll face competition from the English Premier League new-boys.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Team that Kayal plays with.

7. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Championship team?

8. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Lucas @ liverpool

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Used to be now playing in the EPL next season.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    freederry20 likes this.
  10. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Brighton will have some team next year with Lucas and Stuart Armstrong in midfield.

DoTheBroony likes this.
  11. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Rodgers previous relationship hopefully has major influence in this? A relegation battle or silverware and European nights?!

Swervedancer likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

You would think so.

freederry20 likes this.
  13. Swervedancer Guest

I think I agree with this, players that old won't be coming to us and Brendan for development and the money elsewhere will me more important. Would love to see him here though, think he's very good in midfield although Klopp mysteriously put him in a high line defence not long ago, very bad move, he's not fast enough for that position. Great in front of defence like Broony.

The Musonda guy sounds good, what's going on in Belgium, they keep churning them out recently. I remember reading about their system but even for a good system they're producing a lot of talent.

I think young players like Moussa would be our best acquisitions even if they're on loan because we couldn't afford them. Doubt we'll get a deal like Moussa again, they was incredible.

Chelsea have about 500 players on their books * *, give us that kid Conte and we'll return him a much better player. And loan us Kante too, we'll make him much better in two years. :fear:

Young players should be seeking to play for Brendan and us not only will they get a lot of games in high pressure situations and physical tests, Brendan is one of the best managers/coaches in the world. When he leaves here, hopefully not before 4 years, he'll go to a top side where he won't need to loan young players, his transfer fund is going to be mental. Liverpool's system really messed it up for him, it's unnaturally to have such a hierarchical judgement of a player.

It sounds good the kind of players Brendan is looking at to strengthen. That mix of experience with Lucas and the youngster would be brilliant.
    Dunno about the Eastern European guy but they produce some technically good players.

Oh * I always forget about Chinese teams :giggle1: They make the EPL look poor. Luckily they are restricted to three foreigners per team? Any player wanting to win something won't do it in his career over there right now but he'll become fabulously wealthy. Mind you Utd paid something like £120m for Pogba including fees? Don't think the Chinese league is even that extreme.

Ibra turned them down but he's getting plenty at Utd and had a great season. I think there must come a point when you've got more than enough to last a couple lifetimes so the team becomes more important than the cash.

I would say 20 years before China is a force. But will they ever play in UCL, the most highly regarded competition in world football. Thinking of the money they'll be able to add to Eufa's coffers I would imagine they'll get to join. Mind you in 20 years the Asian version of the UCL might be the Elite competition.

20 years it'll be robots playing.

14. doctor venglos

I think we should focus on players in the 20-30 age group preferably.
    A lot of players when they reach their thirties have mentally switched off and are only looking for a cushy number and their next pay check.I would err on the side of youth and relative youth.If you are looking for pertinent examples just look at Sevco's experiences with Barton and Kranjcar, big time Charlies in their thirties living on their reputation alone who no longer have the skills, motivation and physical prowess to still do it on the park.The Scott Browns of this world in their thirties are the exception to the rule, they retain a professional ethos and drive to maintain their levels of performance.

15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

So what your saying is, age doesn't matter just the players attitude and ability. That would be a much simpler post, you know.

DoTheBroony likes this.
  16. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Thought he was much older than 30, this would be huge if we could get him!

17. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I don't think Lucas is anything like Barton or Kranjcar, in fact the polar opposite.

I think ILTC was spot on comparing it to Lennon signing back in the day, would be a very similar type of signing and an absolute coup if we managed it. Him in with Brown and Armstrong in front would be a very solid midfield going into Europe.

18. Heb Celt

I know its mental,feels like he's been around forever,did he sign for Liverpool in his teens?

19. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    2 previous Brazilians that were at Celtic

Juninho (Good debut in 1-0 win over Oldco)
    Rafael Scheidt - As his surname suggests.

Hope more a Juninho than a Scheidt

doctor venglos likes this.
  20. JamesM09

If we sign Lucas next season he would be our Joey Barton..

A massive Celtic fan fulfilling his dream of playing at Celtic Park as we beat Sevco 5-1.

JML67 and Mr Shelby like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.