1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Local gangsters

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Lecs, Dec 27, 2017.

Discuss Local gangsters in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade

These days the softest of all the gangs are the home-grown whites. The gangsters from the east are willing to go the extra distance to vanquish their enemies.

richardm likes this.
  2. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Two * were brought up in New Barnsley off the falls rd (Republican stronghold) as nippers. Mother in laws friend has a picture of them playing in her garden. But yes they did try to prove their worth because of the Egyptian background. Also an Asian in east Belfast well in with the UDA. Strange altogether.
    But I also know a Nigerian guy who mixes and drinks with all the Provos.

3. leeso-ardoyne

I remember them from the west land just at the bottom of alliance avenue in Ardoyne and that was when i was young.

The Nigerian is probably has his M15 strips like most of them old provos have :giggle1:

packybhoy likes this.
  4. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Aye saw Andre walking up off the Westland with a wee kid. Was going into the old park by the bookies which took me aback. But * is probably safer walking our areas than his own.

5. leeso-ardoyne

HEs never out of the bookies, that one and the one up cavehill road. They defo lived in the west land since teenagers. Probably moved there from NB. Scum he is!!

packybhoy likes this.
  6. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Ffs that Westland has about 20 of their kids between the 3 brothers. But aye they have lived in Westland for years. Ihab the one that died of a heroin overdose was a couple of months away from marrying Johnny Evans aunt. He was living with her in Rathcoole.
    I knew John Boreland well, before his own shot him dead last year. Outside his house off the Upper Crumlin rd. Was near top of the tree UDA. Funny in Belfast how you indirectly get to know some *.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  7. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Interesting stories about Belfast. I must say, the IRA in Belfast had a very different attitude to the IRA in Derry.

8. Lecs

Yeah I'm quite interested in those stories because I don't know a great deal about the differences and stuff like that. I have heard of the major historical events but anything outside of that is new to me.

9. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The IRA is not a gangster organization nor does it operate in the way organized criminal groups do in other major cities in Ireland and Britain. However, in my view, one of the problems with the IRA in Belfast was that it seemed to be a bit slack on who it allowed to join the movement.

This isn't an attack on Belfast republicans BTW, many of whom are the finest to have served the resistance, but merely an observation that some fairly dubious characters were seemingly allowed into the movement for no another reason than they offered brute force or some kind of criminal expertise. I'm not surprised therefore that once the ceasefire was established the Belfast IRA had a particular problem with low-level criminality, and even, outright thuggery - the type of which would be unthinkable in Derry or indeed in places like East Tyrone and South Armagh.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  10. leeso-ardoyne

What would you call a gangster organization?

11. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    An organization or group committed to organized crime.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I get the drift of what your saying but as Leeso could confirm. It's much more than low level criminality within the ranks. In fact at the moment I would say Republicanism has taken a big back seat in the city. Pockets are being filled at the cost of the community and especially the younger generation. Hypocrisy aplenty also. The old timers are disgusted with this behaviour. As they weren't involved in the war to make money.

richardm and leeso-ardoyne like this.
  13. Lecs

Not to bump my own thread shamelessly but I heard that Kenny Reilly died. The fella that got shot in a drive-by on Maryhill road recently.

Must be Lions/Daniel related surely.

14. Goggzy60

Met a few Lyons's. Know a couple of guys from the Bonnano Family and a few other people who are like them when I was in the states. Vic Dark was probably the scariest guy I met though. Alfie McNeil supposedly had a bit of a rep along with some of his family members met him years ago.