1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Lincoln Red Imps v Celtic, CL 2nd Qual Rnd, Tue 12 Jul, 19:00ko

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Jul 7, 2016.

Discuss Lincoln Red Imps v Celtic, CL 2nd Qual Rnd, Tue 12 Jul, 19:00ko in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Shaun

:50: Rodgers knows EXACTLY what he is doing. When asked after the game "Do you think Celtic will do enough in the 2nd leg to progress", Rodgers didn't let the question finish by abruptly saying "YES WE WILL"

Great comment mate. Rodgers will show the board this crap then ask them "Am I a fecking PR stunt" then use fan power to get Celtic to the top again, but it could get very ugly and we might not see 'Rodgers team' till next season. Rodgers had no disillusionment before he took the job, his interview after the game showed he is in full control and will push the board to the brink. Maybe the board now wish they gave the job to a yes man now?

:shamrock:

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    It doesn't take a genius to realise this squad needs an overhaul. Jesus.

If the board still haven't realised that then * help us all. The appointment of Rodgers is still fantastic and shows ambition but if they think for one minute that is enough to keep us quiet they have another thing coming. You cannot bring a manager in like that and not back him. It is just not on.

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I still don't think it needs an overhaul. It needs to punt a few and to have a few very key, quality signings.

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'd disagree on that Dev.

I feel more need to go than people think. Perhaps not all at the same time but definitely within the next couple windows.

Too many of the same players are here who have let us down over the past couple years. The whole place just needs freshened up. I also don't think we have the right players for what Rodgers wants to do, much we like Deila. I think that very few of our players are suited to a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

I'd hope that by next summer our starting 11 will have changed significantly.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fair enough mate, I think 3 quality additions - defensive midfielder, left winger and centre back and we would be sorted.

With a lot of the * being shipped out.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'd be happy with that for this window I suppose. We are taking our time about it now though need to step it up in terms of getting them in.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Very true mate.

The biggest thing for me is building an actual team on the pitch, the other night was very like Ronny, no base structure and players in any position just to get the talented ones on the pitch.

8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Aye it was just as bad as anything I witnessed under Deila. Which relates to my point about too many of the same players being here.

I thought at first that it could be a similar situation to that of Mourinho at Chelsea. As in when he left the players changed their attitudes and started looking 'normal' again.

On the evidence of that game though the likes of Biton, Forrest and so on are lost causes. Attitude is rank right throughout the team and I hope Rodgers is as ruthless as he has been known to be.

I actually think he himself might have been thinking along those lines. Not too many changes needed, just weed out the dross and then get the 'big' players back on form. I think he knows now that it's not going to be as simple as that. Desperately needs his own players in. Certainly in a few key areas.

9. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Bang on mate.

10. Kdawg

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    So I ended up watching it(cause I'm a fan of torture), I was expecting to be shocked but I am downright disgusted at most of the players.

Brendan has to be tough with those players. I still cant get over him putting on Forrest ahead of Roberts.

We have two major problems -

1. We need to get rid of a lot of these players.. We have a squad full of individuals. Even in the friendlies I noticed we looked like a bunch of individuals playing for themselves, like we did all last season.

2. We need to bring in quality. Players who want to play for us and want to improve themselves, instead we have nuggets like Bitton and Forrest who do not give a * and don't even try to hide it.

Is that going to happen? Not anytime soon I imagine.

That defeat was the result of complacency, from the people in charge of our club to the players on the pitch.

If Bitton or Forrest play on Wednesday I will.... internalize my anger and overeat. Well, what else can I do? the complacency of our support has a part to play in this. These players let us down constantly last season, humiliated us V them(to think we thought that's as bad as it could get)yet we convince ourselves that they are good enough. This time next week we'll have convinced ourselves that we don't need major changes, just one or two in and one or two out.

Wish I could have the confidence some do going in to Wednesdays game. I have no trust in most of these players and if some stay(Bitton, Forrest) I will end up actively detesting them.

11. john2061

i know brenden wants to have a clean slate with players but forrest and ambrose shouldnt be near the first team and i wonder why roberts is not getting a game as he was great last season apart from missing that sitter against the zombies .
    and to have griffiths our top scorer out wide was criminal and hope hes up front next week .

12. Sydneysider

:50:Definitely. I still cant believe they are allowed to use that pitch. Its a * joke.

Looked at highlights from their game against Flora Tallin ( f/t pros and Estonian champions and Cup winners) who they knocked out after winning 2-0 on their rubber mattress pitch.

With LG in the pure striker role we will win. Hopefully we tear them a new one.

13. superleigh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    No wonder I was raging lol

14. JimMc

Sadly I doubt this current second rate Celtic squad would have beaten Bate Borisov 3-0
    Dundalk 3-0 BATE Borisov (3-1 agg)
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/0802/806543-dundalk-v-bate-borisov/

15. Keano88

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Random.

Wait till we * tan Dundalk in the next round.

17. James Gold Member Gold Member

Sat and read through this for the past half hour. To think this was less than a year ago is unreal

18. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

brendan out

Artorias likes this.
  19. James Gold Member Gold Member

Scott Brown is finished

Artorias likes this.
  20. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

armstrong is pish, get him to *.

Artorias likes this.