1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liam Gallagher

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Shane1888, Jun 6, 2017.

Discuss Liam Gallagher in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Shane1888

Any old school Oasis fans think that right now is the best his voice has sounded in roughly 20 years?

I've been watching some of his solo stuff from his current tour over the past few days (also trying to get a ticket for the Barrowlands on Sunday night), as well as his performance at the benefit concert on Sunday there, and I've been blown away by how 'clean' his voice is sounding again. The man can actually hit high notes again, something he lost the ability to do shortly before or around 2000 I believe.

For comparison:

Seems like he's ageing backwards.

Arguably his best vocal performance since 1997/98.

2. Mr. Slippyfist

Said it to the missus the other night watching him at that benefit gig.

His voice isn't anywhere near the level it was in his younger days, but by * it is by far vastly improved recently than what it's been for say, the last 7-8 years.

Wonder if he's starting to take a bit of care of it?

3. Shane1888

He'll definitely never fully regain that youthfulness that he had in his voice from 94-96, but that's to be expected and can't be helped.

However, his voice right now is miles better than anything I've heard of him from 2000 until now.

I really hope he is taking more care of himself, as when the inevitable Oasis reunion does happen I want him to still sound at least something like he did in their glory days. The sooner the better.

4. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    love oasis but thought he didn't sound the best the other night.

5. Onefootwonder

He's looking a lot better recently. I thought he'd been sounding better too.

Hopefully his new material isn't as pish as the one out now.

6. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    He suffers from a condition (cant remember what it's called) and went undiagnosed until recently that means he always had a hoarse throat/voice. He thought it was the */booze/coke which it was to an extent but turns out its this thing. He cancelled many a gig or Noel sang due to it.
    His posture has also improved when he sings as well - he was almost doubled over a few years ago singing. He's more upright like he used to be. That helps as well.

M.E.T.H.O.D MAN likes this.
  7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
  8. Nasser

He had an amazing voice back in the day, it's ok now but nothing like it was; but I didn't know about the condition he has so that probably explains why some performances are good whilst others are bad.

He did a show in Japan and he sounded like one of the muppets recently but his voice was totally ok in the Manchester gig. He's grown on me a lot though personality wise I used to think it was Liam that was the trouble maker and his fault why Oasis had so many problems with in-fighting but after watching that Supersonic doc and other interviews with both brothers Noel really is a power hungry * that does not like to be challenged and acts like a child who throws his toys about.

9. Jhaf Gold Member Gold Member

Was a wee bit worried before he came on the other day on how he was going sound, most of the kids there probably expecting to hear the same voice as to what he had when wonderwall was first released, he didnt half boss it will never be like the 90's but thought he was class LG's back

10. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Haven't heard him recently. But I always preferred Noel singing and interviews.:50:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  11. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I think they're an absolute pair a wanks.

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He's never had the best live voice IMO. But his songs never needed it to be. He's actually similar to Chris Martin in that respect.

He sounded as close to his 'peak' as he ever has in Manchester though.

13. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I honestly don't think he sounded that great the other night. However I went to see Beady Eye a few years back when he started up with them and he was awful, definitely a marked improvement on Sunday.

As Shane noted, happens with age and he'll never sound like he did in the 90s. Prefer Noel's stuff to anything Liam has done since Oasis split up, though.

He has always been the aggressor between the two and his latest outburst has done nothing to change that view. As for any reunion, I'm not 100% convinced it'll happen now. Before the latest spat, I'd have said it was a stick on to happen but I can see Noel thinking, "why the * should I put up with that when I'm doing fine on my own" and Liam already stating he doesn't want to be in any band with Noel.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He was good the other night. Wasted on the majority or half of that crowd though for obvious reason's. Showed little clips of the crowd and a lot were just standing about clueless to some/all of the song's..

Him and Noel * about turning up and no to the event after though was pathetic..

15. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

That's why I cannae stick him mate, I actually quite admire his no * given attitude, but the constant * about his brother on social media and vice versa with Noel just annoys me. Pair a big handbag throwers.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  16. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

Would be nice to see them together again for nostalgia but Noels stuff has been enough for me, never even tried beady eye's stuff.

Thought it was a shame Noel never performed the other day but Liam didn't need to start * either

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Noel wasn't a great singer either but he had a better sounding voice than Liam if that makes sense. More of a singer's voice, although I loved both..

I don't doubt Liam is the aggressor and a total * but I've had 1 experience and that was with Noel when me and my pal (an Oasis fanatic at the time) were walking by the Albert pub in Victoria. He immediately clocked him through a window and i have no clue how he spotted him like that as it was faded glass and he was at a booth and Noel was sitting with Sara McDonald I think her name was so we went in and said we had to come in and say hello Noel blah blah blah and he completely brushed us off and turned away from us at his seat..

We were about 14/15 or something and weren't expecting anything but still..

What a *..

18. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    To be fair it doesn't take much to improve on this

19. Bonobhoy

Bet all the wee kids are running about like this now after seeing him...thinking they are legends

[​IMG]

M.E.T.H.O.D MAN and The Prof like this.
  20. Mr. Slippyfist

[​IMG]

trip2themoon and Gundog like this.