1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lewis Morgan

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 5, 2018.

Discuss Lewis Morgan in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. GavCFC1

We never bid the asking price, Villa did. Not Hibs' fault

2. apevrak

Would like to see him do a Christie at Hibs

3. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I would like to see him kept here and gave a proper chance. Can he play on the left? Right now he couldn't do worse than Sinclair.

4. Murph-E

Us repeatedly lowballing them and trying to take their star player for miles below their asking price? And then when somebody actually did make the appropriate offer, matching it anyway, showing we could have just treated them and the player with respect all along and got it done before Villa ever even showed interest?

?????

!!!!!!!

Xx.

Sonic Reducer and Liam Scales like this.
  5. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, last minute when he was about to sign with them, as far as I know. We had weeks to make a decent offer.

6. Murph-E

2 full months. The window between Scottish clubs to do business opened June 8th, he didn't join Villa until August 8th.

In that time we just repeatedly low-balled them, made insulting offers well below what they were asking for under the arrogance of "you're lucky to even be getting that, we'll just take him for free at the end of his deal if you don't!"

And then Villa came in and made a serious offer right away and just got the deal done. Anybody who thinks Hibs should have handled that any differently doesn't have a clue.

Zander and ChrisMoh like this.
  7. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Don't try using reason with me when I am holding a grudge... :101:

Tommy25 and NomDePlum like this.
  8. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Hibs fans are as cuntish as Hearts fans, give them * all.

9. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    It’s been 6 months, most fans didn’t even want him. Leave the McGinn chat in 2018, eh lads?

10. Roskopicachu

Thing is, if he went to Hibs, Hibs are our competitors so why let them strengthen? Think that was the theory with McGinn, sold into another league so they don't have to face him in the league. You see it often down south, teams don't want to sell to their rivals.
    McGinn had been round to Brendan's house and Hibs knew fine well what was going on.
    They sold because they fancied themselves as title challengers, and selling to Villa would give them the cash they wanted whilst ensuring it left us weak, and they knew fine well how the press and Celtic haters would react. They'd have a field day and that's what happened.
    We offered cash and Scott Allan, but they didn't want to because they had eyes on getting him for free. That's essentially what we'll get off Hibs - * all. And i think Lennon would like to see Celtic stopped.
    I honestly would not do any business with them simply because there are a lot of teams in the world.
    A move to Sunderland at least he's in that shop window. If he played well down there then he's worth a lot more than
    we'd get for him after a loan to Hibs. If you want to sell that's the market you put him in.
    If you want him toughened up then the Championship's a good place to do that, so that's where i'd put him, but right now
    i think we need all the talent we have.

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not denying we kept our bids low, but we made offers and Hibs kept saying "4 million" made another offer "4 million" again, "4million"
    Then villa came in at 2.7million and they accepted straight away. We matched the offer and they accepted as well.
    McGinn had time to consider both options, chose villa.

We could have went in and offered 2.7million on day one, Hibs will still have asked for "4 million" off us. They simply didn't want to sell to us.

Understandably.
    And yes our board did penny pinch, as always. But let's not pretend Hibs were being innocent and decent while we were the dicks.

As for Morgan, I wouldn't loan to Hibs either after that debacle.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

12. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    S
    Sunderland are League 1 not the Championship last time I looked.

13. Roskopicachu

Well that's where they'll be next season. League 1 is even better, he gets to sit in a team close to promotion to the Championship, if they go up and he's played a lot and scored goals you'll get 3-4million for Morgan.

14. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I would prefer him to get gametime at hibs than sunderland,sunderland destroy good players.We can put a clause in tht he cant play against us.* n forget mginn he was bang average,hibs done us a favour if anything.

15. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Loaning him to Hibs is a win win for us. He gets the game time needed for his development and we strengthen a team more than capable of taking points off the huns and sheep. We would just include a clause that says he can’t play against us, so it’s to no detriment to ourselves.

He couldn’t get game time during the first half of the season, so with Burke and Weah brought in then he absolutely must go out on loan.

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

That clause is mandatory for all loans in our league. You can't play against your parent club.

17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

How dare a team hold out for the money they asked for in the first place. Grrrr.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The truth is somewhere in the middle of both your comments.

They demanded £4 million but eventually sold for £2.7 million.

We bid £1.5 million, £1.75 million and then matched Villa's £2.7 million bid.

Those negotiations are very difficult to conclude though as you said. We were just unlucky that a team 2 months before that had to source last minute funding to avoid administration done things a little quicker than us who had £39 million cash in the bank at this time.

Peter tried his best.

Doogs., Gyp Rosetti and MacEwan like this.
  19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I wouldn’t give Hibs AIDS.

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony