1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lennon - we may need to move out players, before signing anyone.

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Aug 8, 2019.

Discuss Lennon - we may need to move out players, before signing anyone. in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seanm

well said pal

SCOTTYBHOY_67 likes this.
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He may well be.

But for me JC theres already been a shift in his words in the space of about 15hrs since last night.

I was encouraged by the 5 players line. Now I'm back to thinking "oh * here we go again".

Rydo1888* and _DannyBhoy_ like this.
  3. seanm

guys we need another striker ffs.tons of midfielders and defenders coming in. If leigh or eddy are injured were *. Ffs we could have adam rooney for pennies before he went to trafford fc or whatever theyre called lol.HH.

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, I think it was a little naive to name the positions he wanted to strengthen, maybe it was tongue in cheek.. But in all honesty we don't need it, we need clarity and action.

jude 67 likes this.
  5. seanm

get any * tory off our board too by the way.absolute disgrace for a club of our stature beliefs and traditions.trampling all over brother walfrids dream.only good tory is a dead one.they cant hurt the working classes 6 feet under.HH

6. Sentinel

Just saw Lennon on the news there. Didn't like the vibe he was giving off one little bit. If we somehow let the hordes of darkness stop 10 in a row, it's already too late.

These easy years have left our support soft and pliable. The entire fanbase should be directing their ire at Lawwel etc. Publicly, privately in any way they can. We need transparency in what these silent morherfuckers stand to gain from Celtic not bettering the squad.

Act now before this is too late. We have less than 1 month.

Rydo1888*, seanm and jude 67 like this.
  7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :giggle1:

8. jambo_cfc

I think we will end up with jordan rhodes on loan , not wanted at sheffield weds

Mike B likes this.
  9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I still can’t get my head around the bloated squad part. The amount of players either released, returned from a loan and then sold has cut the squad massively yet we need to trim more before people coming in?

Are management forgetting that the team played 60 odd games a season. We cut the squad too much and we will feel the effect when players are either burnt out or pick up injuries.

Artorias likes this.
  10. Jeremie Frimpong

You're trying too hard. Lol. HH.

seanm likes this.
  11. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Going by the other night we will get battered if we manage to get through to Slavia. Still having nightmares from Bolis performance, a decent side would have tore him to shreds. Lennon had said we were hoping to get two in before the Cluj game. We are a * joke. I would also bet that the Tierney deal was done and dusted weeks ago with an agreement to only break it last minute.

seanm and MickeyyMack like this.
  12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Moans about the Tory board no spending money.

Wants us to sign Adam Rooney.

Amazing.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ye think......:60:

Artorias likes this.
  14. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    He said: “We are really pleased to have finalised the Kieran situation.

“We have got a lot of money in for a player we have developed and has been fantastic for the club.

“The squad looks strong, it looks good. We want to bring a few in, but we may have to get a few out to make sure the balance is right.

“We have done well over the years - developing players and selling them on.

“We have also used that money to add to the quality, and this situation will be no different.

“Will it help to upgrade my wishlist? Yes.

“It will help. We aren’t going to go out and break the transfer record but we will try to be shrewd with it.
    “We will look to up the quality if we can in the positions we want to.

“We can still buy players from England. You might get good deals coming out of there, or abroad, now.

“We are in a healthy position. I like the squad but we are always looking to strengthen.

“We are playing well just now, there is momentum and we look fit.

“But if there is quality available, we will look to strengthen and give the place a lift.

“Ideally, we will have one or two in before the next European round.

“I keep saying that but you need to be patient. Ideally, yes. But there are no guarantees.”

tarboltontim likes this.
  15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Fair enough!

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL LENNON has warned clubs Celtic will not be forced into paying “silly money” for signing targets.

The Hoops banked £25 million by selling Kieran Tierney to Arsenal and are still looking to add quality.

But Lenny insists Celts will not be held to ransom as he attempts to finish the transfer window with a flurry.

He said: “Will it help to upgrade my wishlist? Yes.

“It makes things a little bit easier in terms of maybe pushing the boat out a little bit more.

“But we’re not going to break transfer records and spend silly money.

We have targets in mind and we are working away on that sooner or later.

“So we will look to up the quality if we can in the positions we want to.

We have done well over the years, developing players and selling them on.

“We have also used that money to add to the quality and this situation will be no different.”

Celtic are keeping an eye on the English market after their window shut and Lennon hopes to find some value.

He said: “We can still buy players from England. You might get good deals coming out of there, or abroad, now.

We are in a healthy position. I like the squad but we are always looking to strengthen.

“We are playing well just now, there is momentum and we look fit. But if there is quality available, we will look to strengthen and give the place a lift.

“We want more competition at left-back and at right-back as well. We lost three of them over the summer.”

Scott Sinclair was the subject of Championship interest on deadline day, but ended up staying at Celts.

Sinclair has found it hard to get a regular slot but Lennon added: “There was interest but nothing materialised, so we carry on as normal.

“Scotty will be in the squad and he’s a player who can make a big contribution.

“He’s been unfortunate at the moment that he’s finding it difficult to nail down a place because of the form of others.”

Lennon also hailed the recent form of Olivier Ntcham after a summer heart to heart with the French midfielder.

Ntcham angered his boss by publicly claiming he was too good for Scottish football and wanted to quit, but he has returned to form.

Lenny said: “I woudn’t say it was a kick up the backside. There was no dressing down. It was an open chat with Oli.

“I just said: ‘You’re a quality player, come and play’.

“It was about getting his head around the fact if there wasn’t any firm interest then this is a pretty good place to be.

“He’ll add to the quality we already have. He’s been training and playing very well so far.

He was quality when he came on the other night. He was a bit up and down last season, but when he’s on form he’s a real asset because he’s a class player.

“Oli’s all-round game is very good so all we want is consistency of performance.”

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Yawn.

We know we wont pay silly money for anyone even if we had 500m to spend fs.

Murph-E and seanm like this.
  18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Today it's two in by the next qualifier, tomorrow it'll be 2 in by the end of the window.

Bmoony, LectersLuncheon and seanm like this.
  19. seanm

i know mate lol.just want the board to spend our money asap.HH

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  20. seanm

bang on mate.effing tory board.HH