1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lennon rules out NI return

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by hooperman, Jul 14, 2004.

Discuss Lennon rules out NI return in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. hooperman

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    Neil Lennon has said he will not be making a comeback with Northern Ireland.
    He quit the international scene in August 2002 after receiving a death threat on the day of a friendly at Windsor Park in Belfast.

In June he would reconsider his position but he has now said his family did not want him to play for Northern Ireland again and his club career had benefited from international retirement.
    "I think my family are reluctant for me to go back,"
    "I do not think it will happen as I would not want to have to put my family through all that again because none of us need that kind of hassle.
    "I enjoyed last season and I want to continue to produce that level of performance and consistency.

It's about Feckin time he stopped trying to fit in with that pile of Orange *
    :icon_evil

2. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Its a disgrace that he was forced to quit in the first place, he's by far NI's best player and if these idiots who send him and his family death threats really cared about football in their country then they wouldn't do it.

3. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

I am glad hes not going back to that excuse for an International team. I am from there and I support Ireland, as most people do here. Why should anyone support a team that forces a player to quit international football all becuase of his religion and who he plays for, a disgrace!!

4. Dubsbhoy Banned!

to bad he can't play for the republic we'd * love him down here.
    i'd say he took 3 seconds to make his mind up on this one.

"there's only one Neil Lennon"

5. Mark

It's shocking that he's had to quit his national team. Why can't these narrow-minded bigots see past all the baggage and just support their fellow countryman when he wants to play for his country. I support all Rangers players when they play for us Scotland - 110% - because I want them to do well. Their race, religion, team, etc does not bother me. If they want to play for our country and give their all in doing so then I'm obviously going to support them. It's out of order and these idiots really want to take a look at themselves and what they are doing, it completely un-called for.

6. Dubsbhoy Banned!

A bit of the topic mark but how did you feel when Mcgeedy opted to play for Eire??