1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lennon on the RB situation.

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Jul 12, 2019.

Discuss Lennon on the RB situation. in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Like Perraud?

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Honestly, @Vertie’s point before of he done it last time is probably a rod created for his own back because he superbly quickly sorted out the last mess we had to turn to him to sort, people expect him to be able to pull it out of the hat rapidly again.

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye, I wasn’t happy with taking our eye off the ball at the time. Luckily it didn’t come back to haunt us, I expect if it was a common occurence, him leaving training to act as a scout every week then it would have.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    See I never get this, we had the deal for Jullien lined up, we shouldn’t be saying you hold on until we sort out right back mate.

5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It clearly didn’t take our eye off the ball so using that as an excuse doesn’t make any sense.

And he didn’t have to leave training to scout Connell or Jullien. Or Turnbull, Stacey, Smith, Sawyers.

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Well we should’ve had deals lined up for a RB aswell then that’s what I’m getting at. Everyone knows it’s been a problem position for us along with CB and LB.

Valhalla likes this.
  7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye mate, wasn’t having a go at you. Just speaking in general terms..

I didn’t want Lenny either, but I’m 100% behind now, but will criticise when it’s due. And the criticism is a valid one on the lack of RB recruitment.

Let’s hope we get something special in..

But you can see the battle lines being drawn and it’s going to be lively, no doubt.

Liam Scales and Valhalla like this.
  8. Jeremie Frimpong

Lennon himself said that he did exactly that. Quick! Back-pedal!

Do I need to read that? Lennon good; x bad? Nae bother.

"I never said that."

I used the word 'staunch' advisedly: if we supported another Glasgow club, you would doubtless address him as 'Mr. Lennon'.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He’s relying on his own network there mate and others at the club. To a certain extent, we’re * winging it and we need to just now.

I’d love to have a right back in mate, definitely, I don’t think he’s ignoring it and not trying.

I don’t think his job as interim was as a scout even if he did to a little bit, to be able to do it personally during delivering the Treble Treble just isn’t viable for me.

Others can disagree there if they want, and they’re entitled to that opinion but I’m glad he was here with us on the training pitch the vast majority of the team to get us over the line.

10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    To be fair on here, I’ve only really seen a couple of people on either side since it got announced.

I’m kind of over it already and stayed out of it.

It is funny though watching the same people telling us the difference Lennon is making after signing Jullien and Bolingoli trip themselves up with the RB situation :56:

11. Jeremie Frimpong

Rodgers hung us out to dry, no doubt, but Lennon has had almost five months to redress that - more than enough time. He is responsible now. Every other manager has to deal with problems; few have people falling over themselves to make excuses for their shortcomings.

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Backpedal :56:

Ok, I’ll accept, Lenny was acting as interim manager, permanent manager, head of recruitment and chief scout. Why we never got a Right Back in last summer or a good one in January is a capital crime and should be punishable by firing squad.

“Do I need to read that?” - you don’t have an answer really but yes. Lenny good, Lee Congerton bad for the simple minded.

Stick up for a Celtic legend in Lenny and that makes you an Orange *. Right you are.

I think you should look a wee bit closer to home mate, those who attack him over imaginary issues or try to blame him for others actions really seems more their style.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We should have mate and it should have been years ago that it happened. It’s quite difficult when players are on holiday etc.

I think we’ve done well so far with the mess that’s been left, we shouldn’t be in this situation and I don’t think we should be attacking the guy cleaning it up. Look at those who created it - and how to avoid that in the future.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Like I said to Val or whatever his name is now..

The criticism on this issue is valid I feel, but you can see how it’s going to play out after a bad result or a bad run of form..

Lenny will polarise opinion on here, I can see it coming... with some being super critical and seldom praising or super defensive and unable to offer any constructive critique..

It’s going to be eventful.. :giggle1:

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The criticism will come from me if it’s needed mate, I said last season I gave him a by for the performances just because I think we were in disarray and we needed a steadying hand.

From now it’s all on him. I just have faith in his ability and don’t think he’s done anything to be criticised as yet.

16. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Sorry if I came across that way but I was sticking up for Neil, he is dealing with a full defensive rebuild in such a short space of time. I’ve said before this all stems from Rodgers and the board not trusting him with anymore money given they knew he was wanting out.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I’m not really talking about you there, you see it on facebook pages, on twitter, on here to a certain extent. It’s mental man, I’ve never seen anything like it as a support.

Imagine if his first game in charge on his permanent return was like Rodgers against that Gibraltar mob? Would be * chaos :56:

JC Anton, Gyp Rosetti and StPauli1916 like this.
  18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    For all those arguing for the get a right back right now, right this minute, one that is very capable of happening to would be O’Donnell at Kilmarnock. Would you praise that as a good move?

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye. Would give us cover for the time being and gives us another 6/12 months to find the right guy.

Liam Scales and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You don’t have to go to games to scout players so that excuse doesn’t wash.

It’s not about ignoring or not trying, RB should’ve been the priority target. That’s not saying don’t go for other players and make deals until you get a RB. You just tell everyone in the recruitment side or your ‘own network’ to find a * RB. Even a cheap solid competent option that will be backup long term. Then move onto a class first choice option if it’s going to take a while longer.

The fact he wants two and we don’t even have one in yet is damning. You can try any excuse you want, but it’s negligent from everycunt involved, Lennon included.