1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jamesfr

Don't care about the Twitter *.
    I do think he would be better off somewhere else,I can't see him getting back into the team on a regular basis and think, for his sake, getting regular game time is a must.

2. joemc

When he is not playing it leaves plenty to use their imagination to write stuff or comment on hearsay ,btw the wee news posts asking if your annoyed or upset about his Twitter post ,or nothing wrong with wot he said , doesnt allow you to pik nothing wrong , now that really * me off cauz the rags are grabbing news from these and creating fabricated nonsense about our feelings towards our players , he hasn't had a good pre season ,been injured on and off and personal problems , needs to get fitter and training hard will get the attention of out manager ,we have struggled last 6 or so games and not scoring freely as before ,league is so tight and it's hard to risk players who have not played much .

3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Haven’t seen a single person on here say they’re “appalled” or trivialising his illness or insinuating he should be “cured”.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

High and mighty pish.

Everyone knows he’s had mental health problems. That’s not the issue. The issue is for years he has always been a talking point for good and bad reasons. The bad reasons are mainly off the pitch. And this was long before his mental health issues came to light.

It appears he isn’t allowed to be criticised according to some people. He’s never had a filter or been the most professional and it often comes back to bite him in the *. Plenty of people have been comparing his situation to that of Sinclair.

Sinclair was well out of the picture but not once did he give the fans or the media anything to latch onto and make a story out of. He knuckled down and tried to get back into the team. Looked mega fit recently.

Puts Griffiths to shame.

5. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Not fussed on the whole social media thing. It hardly even qualifies as a thing.

If his mental health is in a good place then he needs to dedicate himself 100% to getting back to his best physically. There was a time where Griff coming on could change a game, whereas right now it doesn’t feel like he has any real impact.

If his mental healthy isn’t great then that’s where his focus needs to be. I don’t pretend to be an expert, but I would imagine things like social media have a net negative effect for the majority.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  6. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Agreed.

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think the reaction can be attributed to a build up of frustration towards him tbh as he has been out of the picture so long. Rather than isolating it alone.

Certainly from my point of view that's why I found it as unprofessional and annoying.

We are in the middle of one our biggest seasons to date. He needs to just get on with his job and concentrate on getting back in the picture because right now he isnt.

Not even bringing his mental health into it, because as far as I'm concerned from his training pics etc he is now focused on his football so I can only take it as I see it and judge him on that. Fully appreciate his issues of late but I'm sure he more than anyone would rather we spoke about his football now.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Who is trivialising his illness?

Genuine question.

9. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Hopefully he's up to speed after the wee break away. The * a machine when focused on football.

All the other stuff that goes on effects everyone and anyone. Hopefully he's feeling better because we need him more than ever just now.

10. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Not even bringing his mental health into it, because as far as I'm concerned from his training pics etc he is now focused on his football so I can only take it as I see it and judge him on that. Fully appreciate his issues of late but I'm sure he more than anyone would rather we spoke about his football now.[/QUOTE]

I know its not my reply you were looking for but to me the above is trivialising it, you've seen a few pics and he didn't seem depressed in them so all is well?

Genuine question. I'm Just trying to gauge how this illness appears to others. Is it as simple as saying I seen him happy recently so he must be ok.

I think we all want him back on the field, I think he still has a part to play this season

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He needs to get away from Celtic. Cs
    Plenty of folk mate. Not necessarily on here but its out there.

Leigh is struggling and having loads of Celtic supporters giving him grief will not help him in the slightest.

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

* up.

You clearly know nothing about depression.

Comparing him to Sinclair is a football issue. Leigh clearly has some demons and I hope he gets the right help.

13. Roskopicachu

Keep Griffiths. Play 4-4-2.

14. wulliebad

He had 500k followers (seen the number somewhere but i forget where)on the account.....that is enough to * with anyones head even if only 1% give you abuse daily or weekly or monthly.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

No

FranceCelt likes this.
  16. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I was always of the opinion he played better coming from the bench, he is a good impact player when fit, he cant be our main striker though as he is far to wasteful at times and thats what always wound me up, he would miss 10 easy chances then score an absolute screamer. I would keep him around though.

17. Aidan O’Shea

He’s finished here. Punt him to Hibs.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He’ll do a fine job cleaning Kamberi’s boots.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  19. Aidan O’Shea

What the *

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:lenny2: