1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cammy07

What's not to like about it? It's allowed us to sign (imo) out most naturally talented striker since Larsson.

Would you rather we went back to the days of picking up Carlton Cole and Kazim-Richards on a free. Or like the manks and signing near crippled has beens from the EPL who are looking for no more than to top up their retirement fund.

Give me our current model every day of the week.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s in Dubai just now.

Edit turns out it’s an old picture his mrs posted.

:56:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  3. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    The Celtic business model ........Lawell will get a good young striker from Man City or PSG (One of the big clubs with a massive squad). Then bring him here with a view to developing and selling him on for profit in 2/3 years time and it certainly keeps the club ticking over well financially....what other options do we have ????

4. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The Australian CF?

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We don’t owe him anything. The club has been extremely patient with him now for a long time. Even before the time off he had last year.

For years now he’s been struggling to keep himself fit for any sustained period of time. Rodgers was forever being patient with him. Now he’s been back from his time off since what, May? And he’s barely kicked a ball all season.

He owes us. Not the other way about.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Well aye. :56:

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    How often have we signed near crippled has beens from the EPL? Ian Wright and Roy Keane are the only ones that spring to mind, Keane was worth it for that game at Ibrox alone though.

And it wasn’t for a top up, he knocked back more money at Juve to come to us.

8. cammy07

I was meaning the huns signing defoe on huge money.

I'm don't doubt for a minute we need at least 1 striker, but the point I made was I'd rather use our current model of signing these young talented players from the likes of man City/PSG, developing them and then moving them on.

It would be naive to think they're all going to become Edouard's or Frimpong's granted, but we'll get more right than wrong by sticking to it.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He’s proven to be a good player so far, I wouldn’t mind an experienced head or two up the pitch for when things get hairy. Experienced players can calm down a whole lot of situations.

10. Cringer67

It should have been the last of that wee experiment against Hamilton when we got out of jail. I was happy when that happened as we got away with it with no damage and was hoping it showed Lennon that it just doesn't work. Sadly was not to be the case.

11. oh bhoy

I think it's at the stage if he ain't fit enough to play we need to move on and get someone else in.
    hes been a great signing but get him out on loan see if he can get back to his best

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

We would have done alot better using sinclair up top, but hes been completely frozen out by the looks of things.

Dan Breen, oh bhoy and JML67 like this.
  13. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Would love to see Griffith get back to his best but I fear it might no happen. As other have pointed out we have been patient with him too.

I would personally let him have another preseason before we look to move him on, but it's starting to look bleak. When bayo was fit he seemed favoured to Griffith's and now Morgan seems favoured to Griffith's, which (without knowing the bigger picture) I find baffling. Sometimes feel their is more to this one than meets the eye

Whoflungdung likes this.
  14. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    He’s in Glasgow mate :50:

15. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    If edoaurd is sold in the summer and the plan is to bring in a player that is currently developing at a big club I'd like to get that player in anyway this January to get him settled and up to speed. We can't go in to next season with an unproven young player and bayo afolabi and griff. Bayo hasn't shown enough and I don't think anyone knows how things will work with Griff. I'm not normally in favour of stocking players in a position but currently the drop between edoaurd and the others is startling

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I said the same thing, you can make a case for a half-fit Griff or Eddie starting ahead of Morgan up top but a fully-fit Sinclair you could make about 100 cases.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

That’s why I edited the post after I seen it was an old picture.

:50:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    MickeyyMack likes this.
  18. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    People have got to remember the reason Griffiths was out. Starting him in a high pressure game like Sunday might not have been the best thing to do in the long term.

Griffiths should be coming on in games were we are well ahead or games like Thursday when there is nothing on the line, pressure free.

19. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    im sorry mate but at a team like celtic we need players who are ready to come in and make a difference when the stakes are high.
    Everyone wants to see LG back to his best, but there comes a time where you have to put sentiment aside and ask how long is long enough? What has he missed now, almost a season and a half?

20. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Lyndon Dykes. At that kind of level, Cosgrove would be a far better option.
    I can see us going for Omrani from Cluj, especially if they havnt qualified from the group. Id prefer better quality tho

Cerand Bhoy likes this.