1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If only he wanted to score against Hibs more than he hated the Huns..

2. Mulgrew

Fav Celtic Player:
    Have a guess
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team
    The more they hate him, the more I love him

3. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Guy continues to be a banger on social media. Why the * would you respond publicly to a faceless twitter account saying you've missed a drug test? Honestly, he must be a headache for Celtic's PR team

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Bit harsh tbh, malicious rumours like that can spread like wildfire on the internet if they aren't challenged. Especially in the land of twitter. Not to mention it can also have a personal impact on his public image, sponsorship deals etc.

I've seen him post 3 things about it, one complete rebuttal and 2 follow up tweets. If he got into a long drawn out ding-dong with a clown then I could see your point.

He's not going to be inducted into MENSA any time soon but he has a right to defend himself against nonsensical rumours about him.

5. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Maybe a little harsh but I feel he consistently lets himself down on there.

I don't really see one idiot online sending a tweet about missing a drugs test as a malicious rumour tbh. Would be different if the internet was awash with talk about it then absolutely come out and clear your name at that point with a statement that's been Ok'd by your agent and club. This drugs test * was certainly only brought to my attention by him publicising it.

A quick google this morning and the Daily Record, the Sun the Evening Times and various football clickbait sites have all published articles along the lines of 'Griffiths hits out at missed drug test claims'. Needless publicity for himself and the club in my opinion. Feel like he just wants/needs attention a lot.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

There was more than one guy asking him, I've seen screenshots of our fans asking him, think they have since been deleted. A story like that would grow arms and legs in the time it would take to draft up some statement.

Personally I'm not on Twitter so I don't really know if he's regularly a * on it but I can't say I've heard many stories about him on it. He's a wind-up merchant of course and would probably at times be better doing his talking on the park but that's easy to say sitting on a computer. If I was getting coins, batteries, lighters, half bottles of buckfast lobbed at me while playing football I'd want to get it right up them as well.

As for the red tops running with an Anti-Celtic story, what's new? They've never shied away from trying to put the boot into us and they won't start now. * what they print. If enough people stopped buying and clicking they'd soon be gone.

7. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

None of the rest of the current squad conduct themselves similarly on there. They're all subject to the abuse and items being lobbed too. Just search scottbrown8 to see some of the absolute vile that man is subject to from mutants hiding behind faceless profiles. But he's above it all and as are the rest of the squad. Griff feels the need to engage with them to start getting likes and RT's from our fans, calling him a 'legend' 'hunskelper' etc etc and it's as if he needs that attention/love from our support.

The red tops are running an anti-celtic story this morning because he gave them the story. But I genuinely think he'd rather be in the papers than not, whatever the headline.

Great player but as you said no MENSA induction coming soon :giggle1:

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Got no problem with Griffiths rebutting those claims. The guy has a right to defend himself against such slander.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  9. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

You'd be a busy footballer spending all day rebuting claims spotty teenagers are spouting on twitter from their bedrooms. Would agree if the source was half credible i.e. some 'journalist' was involved or a news agency, then you release a statement through your agent and counter the slander legally if needs be.

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Well as far as I can see, he doesn't spend all day doing that.

11. TheHappyLoss

Takes his mind off the drugs

Callum McGregor likes this.
  12. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Hopefully he starts against Aberdeen and gets his 100th goal, only 2 to go. Although 1 against Aberdeen and one in the final off the bench would be better

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR on @Leighgriff09: "Leigh will be rejoining a training group tomorrow. He wasn’t well last week. He won’t be available tomorrow but should be fine by the weekend."

14. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Seen folk tweeting about LG's instagram story at the moment, so had a look. References to mental health.

Maybe plenty going on off the field that we're aren't privy too. Hope alls good

15. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Hope he’s alright.

16. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    For those who don’t know what he posted

3AD7D7B1-3970-4C11-872D-5ED6206F8130.png

38430E95-C95B-40E1-9A91-AAAB4CA7EF11.png

17. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Hope hes alright. Horrible position to be in.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Leigh Griffiths is on the verge of penning a new deal at Celtic.

The Parkhead hitman’s advisers have been in talks for a month about an extension to his current agreement.

Griffiths, 27, has a contract until 2021 having signed a lucrative agreement just over two years ago.

But he has no desire to go anywhere else and wants to spend the rest of his career in the Hoops. Griffiths has now confirmed a deal could be struck within days

And he said: “I’m hoping there will be a bit of news before the season is out. I’ve still got years left, so I am not sweating over it.

“I’m still looking to commit my long-term future here. We need to iron out every detail but I’m hoping it’ll be done before the season is out.”

19. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Hope all is well with the bhoy, especially considering he plays up such a care free and fun attitude off the pitch - never know if that could be a show for something he's really going through in his personal life.

Also hope that deal is happening and it gets done soon. Would be a good show of trust from Rodgers.

20. Cmcgregor90

Isnt in something about being scucidal awerness week