1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] League Cup Last 16 - Patrick Thistle v Celtic, Sat 18 Aug, 12:30 GMT....Result 1-3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Aug 15, 2018.

Discuss League Cup Last 16 - Patrick Thistle v Celtic, Sat 18 Aug, 12:30 GMT....Result 1-3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Nicole

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    McCoist should stick to gardening , fat *!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heb Celt likes this.
  2. dmac

Good in parts today our closing down was poor thought for a large part of the game Ntcham looked as if he couldn't be bothered. Hendry needs to learn that he can't mess about on the ball as he ends up giving it away and what was he doing at the goal looked half hearted.

3. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Impressed more than he's failed? I think I've seen every game he's played for us and off the top of my head i can only remember the 3-1 Hearts game at CP and the Zenit game where he's played well. As someone shrewdly pointed out on another thread the less he plays the more highly he seems to be rated by a lot of fans.

4. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So we're playing Motherwell in the next round? I have no idea what kind of form they're in but it sounds like a decent draw.

5. Cmcgregor90

Hows that

6. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That's what the guy on BT Sports just said cause they beat Livi? I thought there was a draw but he definitely said that. I think...

Edit: Oh wait, he might've said Motherwell join Celtic in the next round of the League Cup.

7. wd2oo3 Gold Member Gold Member

Really wanted a clean sheet today .
    Don’t know why it took thistle to equalise before the team picked up their game. Great to see griff, Dembele and tambo all scoring goals today. Feel griff and dembele need a good season this year. Happy with the overall performance.

8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Attacking wise Gamboa should be our rb no contest really now for the sake of lustig and our benefit he should stay on the bench Rodgers said it was a bad display highly disagree only bad part was when the team reverted to how he wanted to play by being less direct.... Basically the moment hendry got the ball passed it about got it back and then got caught out and then the part where possession got lost again in our half and they scored.... Hendry could have cleared but shat it.... All our problems are caused by keeping the ball and losing possession in our own half rather than losing the ball higher up the pitch slaughtered the players even though they won but refused to slaughter them when they drew with athens..... Br starting to annoy me another point don't know what was exactly said to Johnston but he looked clearly upset hiding his face on the bench.... In my opinion he had an awrite game got in about them for such a young age

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

9. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Everyone has their opinion…

Just don’t agree with this. Out of all the players that we could criticise for whatever reason Kouassi would certainly be one of the last on my list considering he just doesn’t get the chance to play to play very often and when he does he plays once and then isn’t seen again for a month or two.

I am not trying to say he should be ahead of Brown or Ntcham I just think he deserves more minutes considering the amount of games we play in a season.

We don’t have enough cover to send him out on loan in my opinion especially in that defensive midfield position.

scotsbhoy1 and trackebhoy like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :56: the bhoy clapping after Moussa’s goal

StPauli1916 likes this.
  12. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    cheers notorious :50:

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Marty McFly likes this.
  14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Love it :57:

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Think I might be using that gif a few times this season.:56:

Marty McFly likes this.
  16. joemc

Think going though his head woulda been ,stay on your feet ,dont dive in ,which woulda been correct if the attacker was wasnt past him ,should been a sliding block in that situation ,thing is he had 3 mistakes ,pretty major ones ,played fine otherwise.
    There is a player there ,has to be quicker with decission making and stop turning to face our goal when being pressed so hard .

17. Lancashire Nick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    Yep. Our "9 In A Row" is clearly the best untarnished record. However, I really want 10+, so that even those Neanderthals who don't understand the meaning of being dead after bankruptcy, and cheating to win, will recognise that 10 is greater than 9 (assuming they can count that far).

Lilac Wine likes this.
  18. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    When it comes to centre backs with us it is an emergency currently

19. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Just watched the highlights there and with how poor we were we created some amount of chances. We obviously suffered the problem of them scoring but we upped the gears and scored no problem. Going forward when in the mood and our tempo is raised we are a decent team, our movement is too much for anything scotland has but the players all need to play from the beginning not just when we have setback in the game.

20. Paddy McGinty's Camel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shuggie Edvaldsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I thought BR was just a touch too negative in his post match interview. Yes it wasn't the greatest team performance, but it was an away cup win after a really horrible week. I think that's what should have been emphasised. There must be certain players playing with low confidence given the amount of criticism that's been coming their way from all quarters, it would have been nice to hear the Manager talk them up a bit. I don't mean talk them up in a way that would be an insult to the supporters who are not blind, but in a way that might boost them (the players) a bit. After all as things stand, they are the guys who are going to be pulling on the jersey, and will be expected to perform. It's not as if BR isn't an articulate man.