1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of transfer movement!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Martybhoy87, Jul 19, 2018.

Discuss Lack of transfer movement! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Priority over all positions would be a CB for me.

then a class wide player.

punt Gamboa and bring in a right back to challenge lustig he's no competition.

2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

Lustig is not fine he was shown time.and time again he is pretty much done.

He was * awful at times, and I love the guy but he is not the same as he once was.

The others are not good enough.

3. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

If we're playing 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 or whatever it is, surely then RB isn't that much of a concern if Forrest is gonna be our starting right wing-back?

freitassen and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  4. Keano88

Which will probably mean Lustig being used as a RCB.

freitassen and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  5. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Might suite him more at this stage in his career.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Sign Bobo just for these games till Boyata and Lustig are back.

Job done.

7. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    “Lustig is fine”

Stopped reading.

8. SuperZidane

I agree with that. I don't want the club to pay stupid money for average players and, to be fair, the only real waste of money under BR has been Compper. However, I'm just disappointed that Brendan seems to be happy with our defence and focusing his efforts on McGinn.

I haven't been too impressed with Hendry although I think he's been played out of position. He's potentially a competent SPL level centre half who BR can improve. Ajer is a potential star but still young. Boyota is inconsistent (and may well leave). Jozo can GTF.

I'd really love to see us bring it an experienced CH who can organize a defence and knows when to clear the ball instead of playing us into trouble. All the top teams have/had one (Bruce, Terry, Adams, Vidic, Ramos, Bonnicci, etc). When we have problems in our own area - they all look at each other - there is no-one taking responsibility and telling people what to do (I think this is one are where Brown isn't good). At Man Utd - Bruce and Schmeichel were always shouting at each other.

I'm not talking about spending a fortune - I'm sure we could pick up a 29 - 31 year old who fits the bill at a reasonable price. IMO we need one and, we could do with a new RB so that Hendry can be used at CH.

Based on BR's comment a few weeks ago about Bily McNeill, I get the feeling that he's not worried about the defence which is definitely a concern for me.

9. Keano88

Very true, Clint.

Clint Eastwood likes this.
  10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Did we sign Odubajo?

11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    nah ended our interest quite abruptly

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    People are going on about different positions but I think we need to still clear out some players first tbh

Allan, Christie, Gamboa, Benyu and Compper all need to go, I fully expect Boyata to get his move away due to the world cup his agent wont be daft and we could get a decent fee for him.

Outwith McGinn being in the press we have nothing more concrete or linked and that's the way it should be but with a long time to the window closes I am not concerned and no one should be, we will only sign players who enhance the team as Brendan said and if we don't make the UCL groups then I doubt we will go daft. End of day what we paid out for Eddy we have all but covered with selling Stu and Erik, I mean what club doesn't love £40m plus sitting in their bank account!

FranceCelt likes this.
  13. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Have to agree with the OP

It is infuriating.

I wake up everyday and the first thing I don is grab a cup of tea and a smoke and then begin my daily quest of scouring the * internet in hopes of us being even linked with a defender or a keeper.

Tbf I dont think BR has a clue when it comes to defenders or keepers.

We're a shambles at the back and this is his third year now and we still havent got a solid and settled back line;
    Jozos either injurd or doing stupid *, boyatas a brain fart, compper should be left somewhere in the countryside to discover what happned to his * legs, lustig is getting on, kt is in serios danger of a burn out and hendry is pish. Not to mention the calamity that is gordons distribtion and positioning.

Weve got to go into these qualifiers with a potential 40m jackpot as a prize and were talking about having forrest playing as a right back, no cover for kt, and and ajer bascially our main man at the back

* * and it needs addressed.

ONE signing of a competent and experienced european quality centre half could make the difference between cl and europa.
    But instead we've got an ongoing transfer saga for a player who plays in a position we dont need to improve and isnt any better than what we already have.

The myopia is * staggering. And if we lose out on the CL, BR and lawell will be entirely accountable.

14. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    We spent 1m on Gamboa and 1m on Compper as punts that have not worked out .. 1.5m on hendry too who the jurys still out on..need to spend serious money if they are going to go right into those positions.

The IRA likes this.
  15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    A CB not being in by now isn't on, for me.

Once again it has came back to bite us on the *. Although we have navigated the qualifiers the past couple years out preparation sometimes leaves a lot to be desired, in terms of adding to the squad, anyway.

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Saying we will struggle to find improvement at CB is nonsense I'm sorry.

If we want to take that attitude we'd be as well giving up now.

freitassen, _DannyBhoy_ and The IRA like this.
  17. JamesM09

If we get any kind of money for Boyata we need to go out and sign a quality CB.

I think criticism of Rodgers with regard to defence is also a bit harsh. Obviously he’s more focused on attack, but he’s working wonders with Ajer and the transformation of Boyata has been miraculous.

If Boyata had 3 years on his contract we’d be looking at £10m for him. Who would’ve thought that when Rodgers first came in? Most would’ve punted him for free.

18. Jeremie Frimpong

De Vries, Gamboa, Compper, Benyu, Musonda and Hayes have all been a waste of money. We could have signed a high-quality player for the money that we have blown on them in transfer fees, wages, etc.

The jury is still out on a couple of other signings too.

19. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Exactly.

There's far too much wastage despite being constantly told we're prioritizing quality over quantity.

Not having signed a decent CB is criminal.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  20. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    When are people going to learn that things will never change with the current board?

Season after season it's the same pish "nobody panic, it's just the start of the window" then at the end of the window the realisation that there has been minimal movement in the window. Years of not spending anything has left us having to fill a number of positions rather than one or two had we been doing it over the years.

This year will be no different. And Edouard did not break the transfer record is be surprised if it made that account with add on's.

The IRA likes this.