1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of transfer movement!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Martybhoy87, Jul 19, 2018.

Discuss Lack of transfer movement! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Some supporters should be made aware that running a club ain't the same as in Football Manager. (With the exception of buying too many midfielders like I do every edition)

2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

It's the same every year.

3. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    If we are going 5-3-2 we are more than fine imo

Gordon
    Forrest Boyata Ajer Jozo Tierney
    Ntcham Brown Mcgregor
    Dembele Edouard

Gordon
    Forrest Boyata Ajer Compper Tierney
    Ntcham Brown Rogic
    Dembele Griffiths

With Lustig, Sinclair, Morgan , Kouassi, Hendry the subs .

We will struggle to get better CB's than we have on our budget. CB's are notoriously hard to find and most make mistakes. In fact , most footballers make mistakes. When Dembele has a loose touch it just means an attack breaks down - when Boyata does it somebody gets in one on one and the sky is falling....that just comes with the territory of playing CB . "Bombscare" gets thrown about at alot of clubs about alot of CB's. Bottom line is ours are pretty decent overall. Ajer and Boyata especially. If we can get a third of greater ability we are laughing but it isn't easy.
    What we do need is cover at LB , another RB and another winger if we are going to play different formations .

FranceCelt likes this.
  4. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    McGinn you would imagine will be done before window closes , maybe even right at the death we have made 2 bids already and it's now in the open, it's a side bet because of contract situation.

Interested to see who else we have lined up though , Brendan is waiting for the right time he said as much.. we won't be padding out and overhauling the squad with 10 players he's never done that anyway since he's been here but he's improved existing squad from ronny what a manager should do then add.. he's looking to bolster it with quality and so far he's done that again with Edouard let's wait and see.

5. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    I disagree. 9m guarantees you * all in 2018. It's what 3-4m was a few years back. Could land you a Marc Antionne Fortune or a Pukki. I am very happy with the signing of Edouard because we all know he is class and there is no gamble.

littlekennie and FranceCelt like this.
  6. oh bhoy

Talking about quality over quantity and trying to sign mcginn.after the disaster that was the January transfer window it's time we got the finger out 2cb's a ,rb

The IRA and paulo123 like this.
  7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

Pretty much agree with all that. Even with us breaking our transfer record we need more quality in the side.

People can use the we smashed our transfer record aye we did but net spend nada. That money was easier by player sales so in reality we have spent nothing if we look at it Net spend.

For the first time in my time as a Celtic Fan we have around 40 million pound cash in the bank and yet we have spent next to * all in our weakest part of the side...... at the back.

I don't think I'm alone in this but we clearly need better at the back and other positions like back up to KT, and some wingers. Edit and a quality right back as well.

Bertie Cauld and The IRA like this.
  8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :56:

Valhalla likes this.
  9. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Anytime he has been given significant money to spend , he's delivered the goods apart from Dembele' who was development fee but you would be talking millions for him otherwise , but 4.5m Sinclair was backed up with 4.5m Ntcham then 9m Edouard our most expensive buys.

Lets hope he can get us a defender like that or even a right back if given the funds.

10. Martybhoy87

Everyone going on about we have enough about us and they are happy at what’s been done.

So you don’t have any aspirations to progress in Europe? I don’t want to get pumped by 6/7 goals of PSG/ Barca (if we make it to groups this year) the point I’m making is the next step for us as a club is to have more of an impact in Europe! We have good enough player s for Scotland but need that bit of class in defence and on the wings for Europe.

Bertie Cauld and Crilly like this.
  11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You'll be hard pressed to find a Celtic fan that doesn't want to progress.

cidermaster likes this.
  12. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Worried more about the defence, CBs don't fill me with Confidence, Hendry and Ajer are projects, Boyata I like until he thinks he's Beckenbauer. We have NO backup to either fullbacks no matter what BR thinks of Miller and Ralston.
    If Sincy gets back on form, and I think he's looked decent so far this season and Forrest gets back on his early to mid season form of last, then good, the others are youngsters who might do a turn. McGinn is the only central player I'd consider, don't need anyone else there as the same up front unless Moussa goes.

13. themouth1888

It's a tough one to be honest. What we have now can and will win the legaue but how high do we set our sights?

Without 1 or 2 more quality additions we are fodder again for pumping from top European teams

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Sorry Vinnie Bhoy but that’s just *.

Everyone knows you run a club based on FM pal.

Vinnie BBQ likes this.
  15. Sentinel

Just saw that this joker Comper is out injured AGAIN. I really hope to * our scouts and Brendan and everyone involved in transfers have a long and thorough list of centrebacks to target this Summer. Right back and Centreback are an absolute priority.

16. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    I think we need a right back and a back up winger and i’m happy.

17. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Keeping a hold of Musonda was a big plus for me.

Anything else is a bonus.

The IRA likes this.
  18. celtic warrior

more concerned over the lack of my bowel movements.

Not even in August yet, think some people's minds have been skewed because someone else has gone and signed an entire fleet of deadwood

FranceCelt and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  19. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    If we get a RB,CB and Winger , But also depending on budget Brendan will add stardust with the wide player then maybe buy a couple of middling players for defense , it's seems to be how he/we work.

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    RB, we aren't signing a new one. We have 3 on the books. Why folk think this is a problem area is beyond me. Lustig is fine. Folk complain we are too open at the back and defensively weak, then want an attacking right back because lustig is too defensive. Go figure.
    CB, we definitely need another. Potentially two. Agree fully. Ajer, boyata, Hendry, replace Jozo and get shot of compper in favour of another.
    RW, competition for Forrest, you've heard of Lewis Morgan, right?
    Lw, Sinclair was off form at times, still scored and assisted more than most of our wingers for the last 15 years. Let's stick by him, he's looked sharper this season so far.
    Then you've got Johnstone and clearly Édouard is being played as a left inside forward as well. How much more do we need?
    Lb cover, absolutely.
    Gk, priority.

FranceCelt likes this.