1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of transfer movement!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Martybhoy87, Jul 19, 2018.

Discuss Lack of transfer movement! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. apevrak

Can see the club keeping the transfer activity on the low until the English transfer window closes up 9th August and then pick up leftover squad players from PL/Championship who won't see much game time in their respective clubs.

2. john2061

Its the same old celtic we pull in millions of pounds and we will just wait to see if we get into the champions league and then buy players .
    That defence needs two good quality centre halfs and a right back as the defence has been * when we are in europe .

Tommy25 likes this.
  3. shaunm

I’m quite happy with the team tbh,would like more dead wood punted tho.Not sure we will play with full backs this year,so no point in buying a rb?Think with signing Édouard,we have changed shape of team to accommodate him and dembele in starting 11,so looks like 3 at the back now with attacking wing backs,think Gamboa is good enough to cover for Forrest and think Hayes will be Tierney cover

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Just another example that shows there isn’t a lack of activity though.

Valhalla likes this.
  5. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    High calibre players will come if we can guarantee some European football. We can sign anyone now but will he be a higher quality than what we have? Will there be enoughtime to gel with his teammates?There's a 1000 central defenders we could sign to "cover" but what would be the point in that. Right time right place, players we got will just have to step up that's why they are in the first team squad.

6. shaunm

Lustig Boyata Ajer Hendry Jozo Marvin Not saying cant be improved but we already have 6 players to play in a back 3,so don’t see a centre back being signed tbh

7. oh bhoy

most of them need to be shown the door

8. Martybhoy87

To be perfectly honest i think some of the comments from the fans in here is criminal and is the reason the board think they can bring in millions in transfers and champions league revenue and hit us with dud CB's. We have the same argument EVERY season we should be buying to GUARANTEE! Champions League what i think people don't understand is there is £40M + on the line this year.

Tommy25 likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. john2061

Apart from Ajer who could be a very good centre back the the rest are * and you couldnt make a good centre half between them .

11. 63bruce

Who do you think we should punt?

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

What year? :56:

13. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Can´t we just re-open the thread of last year?

Clint Eastwood likes this.
  14. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    dnt know if been said but i think were stronger ntcham and edourd were just in the door last year now both are settled in team.roberts and armstrong didnt even take part in last years qaulifiers either im sure could be wrong.id actaully be happy with signing one guy of real qaulity in schar & trying to develop johnstone,morgan,christie,hendry.also musonda wasnt even here last summer

FranceCelt likes this.
  15. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

You know for once in my life I think we should be patient. This squad of players have made it to two consecutive group stages. This squad is more than capable of making it three consecutive group stages.

That being said, once it's signed, sealed and delivered we need to give that backline a make over. Tierney is genuinely world class, wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if juve actually want him. Simunovic is outright *, shame I had really high hopes. Boyata on his day is a decent CB, on a bad day he gives me the fear. Ajer decent young CB, is he good enough to hold his own against CL group stage teams remains to be seen. Stig, been a great servant but he gets slower by the week and I think we could do with a stronger rb. Think stig will be lucky to see 20/21 season with us.

We have a brilliant team, a strong defence could see us really push on

16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    People expecting us to go out and sign 4 new defenders a GK and whatever else are going to be severely disappointed.

Rodgers has shown from the start he’s only going to add bit by bit. We’ll never see us flinging * at the wall and hoping it will stick like we did with Lennon and Deila trying to find a striker.

McGinn, a Fullback that can play both sides and a winger is probably all we’ll see.

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You should be banned for this ‘Stig’ chat.

Absolute * marmite patter.

Tommy25, Fontaine, M 67 and 1 other person like this.
  18. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I agree with this point wholeheartedly as we're looking for a little bit of special within a world of over inflated price tags and player egos due to the ridiculous sums quoted......it's a hard job identifying targets and keeping the interest secret....the minute a name gets mentioned, a whole host of other clubs purport interest too ....we can't compete wage wise with English clubs so it's a chess game really......much as I love a player who says he's a fan of the club, treading carefully is our best bet....we've not always got it right and so I'm ok with a little extra due diligence.

19. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Wasn't meant to be patter ya numpty. Even if it was, '* marmite patter' - is that your patter!? Cus its pish

20. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    What have you heard....Messi ? :50: