1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of transfer movement!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Martybhoy87, Jul 19, 2018.

Discuss Lack of transfer movement! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    To be fair, the grass on the pitch looks a great addition to me and I’m not even joking. The bal moves far quicker on it.

Noo all we need is the players to catch up with it :56:

Xatraps and bhoy81 like this.
  2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Moussa played 39 games last season
    Armstrong played 39 games last season
    Roberts played 15 games last season

So the top two played a major role btw.

muaythai postie likes this.
  3. john2061

first im surprised rogers is still there after a disgrace of a transfer window and whats at stake here is 10 in a row and it looks like to me theres people on the board dont want us to get 10 in a row and if desmond and lawwell were doing there jobs we wouldnt be in this * mess.
    You just got to look at the last 2 transfer windows apart of edouard its been a joke and i will keep saying again these tories on the board are not celtic fans they must be removed as these people dont have the best interest in celtic but rather the opposite .

4. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

IN

Edouard - Great signing.

Emilio - Cover, nothing more than okay.

Mulumbu - Cover, nothing more than okay.

Bain - Cover, nothing more than okay.

Benkovic - Seems decent, too late for quals.

Arzani - Young, no guarantees he will make a dent in the squad.

Okoflex - Irrelevant.

Mazis - Irrelevant.

Morgan - Making a big step up in level, no guarantees again.

OUT

Dembele - Our best striker.

Roberts - Our most talented winger.

Armstrong - 15 goals from midfield when at his peak, noticeably missed him last season when off form.

---

There is arguably zero improvement, I see no arguments for being stronger as of now. Arzani/Morgan would need to absolutely shock me for me to even consider us improved. Benkovic would need to completely take the defence up a level.

It's all back up, 2 players we had at our disposal last season, 1 ex player, kids and a young player in Benkovic who comes with a reputation and price tag.

Xatraps, Gyp Rosetti, The IRA and 7 others like this.
  5. RockhardBoss

Karamoko will be 16 in Feb.:fear:

Roskopicachu likes this.
  6. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

We're continually told it can't be done but that, good sir, is a sterling attempt at polishing a *.

Roskopicachu and bhoy81 like this.
  7. bhoy81

Eddy is a first team
    Player the rest are back up maybe the boy from Leicester will start but the rest will not get in the managers normal starting 11.

We lost our best forward and never replaced him, please don’t say Eddy is his replacement he isn’t.

Lost Armstrong and who did we get 31 year old free, what’s his legs going to be like come next season? He won’t start before Ntcham or Brown.

Unknown tested winger from city to replace Roberts who is not even match fit yet.

Morgan is also untested

It’s been a * shambles of a window, for a double treble winning side not to spend money this summer has been a * kick in the baws.

We have players we haven’t replaced with quality that the manager wanted replaced with.

We have players and positions that will need replaced for next season ie our problem at centre half will be back cause Boyata will go on a free And the loan will go back to Leicester.

Gordon needs replacing and Brown will do in the coming couple of years as well.

We need a massive overhaul again, you can try and dress it up as successful if you like to try and paper the cracks but it’s been anything but successful.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  8. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Games Moussa Dembele didn't start last season - 33

Games Stuart Armstrong didn't start last season - 36

Games Patrick Roberts didn't start last season - 49

I picked this up online somewhere... I'm not sure which is true... Maybe both and lots were sub appearances?

9. bhoy81

I bet he gets tapped up for next season.

10. bhoy81

It’s simple to type in each name and see how many games they played. That’s what I’ve done and the states I’ve posted are correct.

And my point is still valid. They played a bigger part than the point you are trying to make.

11. SeanyBhooy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    What a disappointing window. I know BR/PL have massively * up this window but surely it's time to overhaul the scouting department, or maybe BR is stubborn in that he wants the scouts to focus closer to home?

If we look at our signings and where they came from, they don't exactly show a great deal of scouting:

Eddy - on loan last year, credit for spotting him back then.
    Mulumbu - SPL
    Bain -SPL
    Izzy
    Arzani - Man City -Lawell/Played in WC
    Benkovic - EPL

The Boyata/Dembele situations highlight then we don't have alternatives lined up. Surely we must have known that DB might not sign a new contract as he wanted to see how he fared after the wc, and also Dembele is our star striker, did we really not plan to loose him?

We are only a couple of players short of a really strong team with good squad depth, just like we were at the start of this window :bash:.

Lets * this mob tomorrow.:brendy:

12. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Yes appearances... How many were as sub? My stats could be just as valid as yours.

And you said that Dembele and Armstrong played a MAJOR role last session.... Did they *.

13. bhoy81

Well they did, I take you missed Moussa’s goals ect but aye they done * all.

Maybe watch some of last season again.

14. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Who said they done * all? Give it up ffs

15. Roskopicachu

Benkovic is top drawer BTW.
    Arzani played at the World Cup
    Izzy has slotted right in.
    Mulumbu will slot right in.
    Boyata's not been sold.
    Lewis Morgan looks ready.
    Then we've guys like Mikey Johnston and Ryan Christie
    who i thought had good games against Suduva.
    Then we've also strengthened the development teams
    one for the under16's and one for the ressies.

We never got a right back, but Lustig played well the other night
    and Gamboa marked Neymar as well as anyone at the World Cup
    and looks like a new player.

If you compare it to last season's team it's weakened in some departments but overall
    a better squad of players.

Benkovic has played alongside Simunovic and you expect he'll be playing a lot for Celtic.
    Probably next to Boyata.

Ajer has the height to get goals from set pieces and add Benkovic and Boyata, that's a decent back three.
    All dangerous at set plays.

We'll just have to wait and see, but often the opposite is true when dealing with memetics
    it's sort of designed to subvert critical thinking.

Up until we signed Mulumbu and Benkovic it was looking dodgy, but we needed a bit of strength in both departments.
    Looks like a bit of a workaround, but it might be the case that in a few months time it doesn't look
    like quite the disastrous transfer window as the jokers would like to promote.

Somehow this transfers to the fan base, you've got a problem.

This is partly why Dembele was sold and Boyata stayed. Boyata was willing to get the head down and work a way back into the side, but this time with added anger, which is what's been missing from his game.

So also keeping Boyata and accepting a deal in January protects us from dealing with that * right now.
    That's not penny pinching, that's writing off potentially £9million.

Going into the game tomorrow, i think we've also wound the players up, which can also be a good thing.

But i don't think we signed any duds and this can mean we've actually done well on the player side
    and also the financial side. It's actually quite normal for us to sell a player after missing the Champions' League,
    but Dembele clearly got homesick during the Summer and we've been very well compensated giving us money for the next two transfer windows.

Anyone on here think Sevco will go and sign another 15 players next Summer?

So we'll be in a position to strengthen in January knowing what the budget is and that we can just go and do another big signing. Probably for a striker.

16. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Absolute pish mate, virtually everything you've written there is pish.

bhoy81 and The IRA like this.
  17. bhoy81

I think you need to give up, making out we don’t need them, aye right.

18. bhoy81

Now now Peter just stop it, we don’t believe a word of that.

Roskopicachu and paulie walnuts like this.
  19. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Do you work for the clubs PR department?

Gyp Rosetti and Roskopicachu like this.
  20. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Not having it, I'm afraid.

- Edouard: Really pleased with signing him permanently after we saw (in flashes) what he can do last season. But we still have a weaker strikeforce than we did last season.
    - Bain: Happier with him than De Vries as back-up to Gordon, and he'll be a decent No. 2 for the next couple of years, but I don't think he's better than Gordon.
    - Izaguirre: We needed a back-up to Tierney and we got it. Experience played, a popular choice with fans and can still do a job. Doesn't improve the first-team.
    - Mulumu: Plenty of experience, stood out for Killie and impressed against us last season. Can give Brown a break here and there, is a better option than Kouassi for now, but doesn't replace Armstrong and doesn't improve the first-team.
    - Arzani: Heard about what a prospect he was at the World Cup and comes highly-rated. Hard to tell how he'll do for us, plus he's only a loan signing.
    - Morgan: Impressed against us in Rodgers' first season and had a great season last year. Quick, direct and can score goals...in the Championship. Decent signing, but still untested.
    - Benkovic: Highly-rated defender, but remains to be seen if he'll improve the first-team. We held onto Boyata and we should be looking to develop Ajer, rather than a Leicester loanee.

We added depth in some areas, but I don't think we've improved the first-team at all.

The centre-back situation will still need to be addressed, and we'll probably need to sign a right-back next Summer. We still need a long-term successor to Brown, and we need to replace Armstrong. And in 12 months time we may need to replace Ntcham as well.
    With Roberts gone, Sinclair struggling for a year now, Hayes not good enough and Morgan/Johnston still to prove themselves, we need more quality in the wide areas, and now we need to replace Dembele, too.

We've left ourselves a lot of work to do.

Raoul Duke and Gyp Rosetti like this.