1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Klopp Boycotting the FA Cup

Discussion in 'World Football' started by MickeyyMack, Jan 27, 2020.

Discuss Klopp Boycotting the FA Cup in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    They should introduce a proper winter break in england like they do in every other country. The festive fixture list is a joke down there

2. Mr. Slippyfist

Eh.......wit??

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I agree it’s overkill during the festive period, but would that not make the situation with the FA Cup worse?

4. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

There's no point saying "they're paid 100's of thousands a week they should be able to play as many games as is asked of them"

Whether they're paid a fiver a week or 300k a week there's only so much the human body can do, operating at its best.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

So did you just ignore my first point then in regards to footballers (on average) doing about 10 hours ACTUAL work every 7 days? Or does that not count either....

6. Mr. Slippyfist

Callum McGregor - played more minutes than any footballer on the planet in a certain period. Any * hear him whining about playing "too much" fitba?

Nah, me neither...

Rydo1888*, Westlondonscot and Fully87 like this.
  7. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Anno they fitbaw players, get tired n that poor wee souls.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  8. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Hours are irrelevant. It's about the physical work done in that time and the breakdown and recovery of muscles/their bodies.

It's a very naive and close minded way to think of it. "Oh look at these millionaires wanting more time off when I'm working my bollocks off doing 50 hours a week"

A job in Home Bargains and a job as a professional football are in no way comparable when it comes to what is required for peak performance. As you well know.

9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    They have a very expensive squad of about 30 players without the youth they will be sticking out against Shrewsbury. They are able to rotate their squad more than most, their players shouldn't be overworked.

Every country has a knockout Cup competition, yeah England and Scotland have an extra one but if you don't like it don't manage in the countries. Scrapping the FA Cup would * over loads of * and semi pro teams who make money in the qualifiers. But yeah replays should be gotten rid of.
    In our country the other clubs need competitions otherwise they would win * all. Celtic or Rangers have won every league since 1986 and I don't see it being any different unless both teams go bankrupt or go to a super league.

Fully87 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  10. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I agree with you, I wouldn't scrap the cups.

11. StevieBhoooy!

Leaving aside the arguments for less games, no replays or EPL winter breaks etc...

... Klopp is a * !

Maestro 08 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  12. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

One did go down the pan mate.

13. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

The efa cup is about the smaller teams & the fans.
    Not sure if it’s still run the same but a hefty portion cup final tickets used to go to the local fa’s & grassroots football clubs. There was also a “trickledown” share out of the money to these, so in effect that’s who he is snubbing.

Peej likes this.
  14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    One but not both so we still won all the leagues

15. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I didn't know Padmill worked in Home Bargains. Fascinating.

PatF, Slaw and Seán Mac D like this.
  16. StevieBhoooy!

Its also a chance for players and fans of the ‘wee’ teams to play at/ watch their side at one of the big clubs - it might be a once in a lifetime chance... that’s what it’s about!

Turning out your youth team isn’t just disrespectful .., it’s probably highly disappointing to all involved - other than the ‘big club manager’ and his primadonnas.

I don’t know how the money works but would assume replays mean a further ticket purse share which might mean nothing to a Liverpool but could be like winning the lottery to a non-league or lower league side.

The EPL and it’s * European cousin (UCL) have ruined the game over the last 20 years.

Spring Time and Westlondonscot like this.
  17. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Even * Brentford played an under strength team last week end in their cup tie holding back better players for Championship run in

18. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

Offer the winners one of the Champions League spots and watch the competitions prestige skyrocket

Peej and Whoflungdung like this.
  19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    My guess is they probably aren't allowed to. I agree that it is how it should be, as FA Cup winners are actually Champions. It worked with the Europa league, give the winner a champions league spot then suddenly big clubs want it. I remember man united sticking b teams out in the league as they admitted it was more likely they would win the Europa than come 4th. Atletico and Chelsea have also gone on and won it.
    Prior to 4 teams qualifying from some leagues the uefa Cup was very prestigious.

20. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Don’t see a problem. All the cries about degrading the F.A.Cup and Klopp treating the competition like *. The guy has a team who just clinched world champion status and has won 67 out of 69 points with his side. They are pulling ahead in the league while playing the best football in Europe. A chance to win a League that means so much to Liverpool fans with nearly 25 year drought. Throw into the mix they were already promised holidays the date of the replay. And the biggest motivation is showing complete faith in his next generation of players and squad players and left in the hands of a trusted lieutenant. All positive for me and the EPL are very lucky to have Klopp.