1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Kilmarnock v Celtic, Sat 03/02/18, 12:30 ko. BT Sport 1

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Jan 30, 2018.

Discuss Kilmarnock v Celtic, Sat 03/02/18, 12:30 ko. BT Sport 1 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keano88

Electric must have went off when the game was recording as it skipped from 15 mins to 50 mins; ended up just skimming through it after that.

Forrest seemed to be our best player.

Bitton for their goal.. Jesus.

Mulumbu and Jones looked impressive for them.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Forrest was howling mate. He made one or two decent wee runs in the first 15 minutes of the second half, but up until that point (and after) he refused to take defenders on. Just passed back or sideways, like everyone else tbf.

The only players I'd give pass marks to are De Vries and Hendry - who did well, considering the circumstances.

Mulumbu and Jones were definitely the standout players for Killie. Just about every time I see Jones he impresses me.

3. ddub11

The reason you expected us to win was because were a better team than killie and theres nothing idiotic about that.
    Of course that doesnt give us a rite to win the game but taking everything thing into account we would be expected to win these games.
    And you make a fair point about other managers figuring us out.
    Genuine question do you think that contributed to today's result or was it just a bad day at the office?
    I dont feel we have that confidence and believe that we had last season.

4. Keano88

Really? From what I seen he seemed to be the only one who even looked threatening from our midfield/attack.

I just skimmed it right enough, may have been different watching the full game live.

M.E.T.H.O.D MAN likes this.
  5. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

I definitely think today was us being found out, killie were set up in a certain way and it worked well for them. The pitch helped them aswell and they knew it would make us play a certain way.

We were also *, the whole first half all we did was try to play the ball up the left wing with Tierney and then when he moved into defense Sinclair took over the job.

Plenty of times before we were poor but got the result so I don’t blame that but it obviously has an effect to some extent.

Was said plenty of times in the thread but there was no plan B. Maybe that was because we had no subs and Brendan couldn’t reshape like he would of if he had 3 subs available but who knows

ddub11 likes this.
  6. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Tell you what, he was all over us! Nobody will play that well against Brown all season. Still chasing people in 90th minute. We could do a lot worse.....

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Thought Edouard did just about as much and he was on the pitch less than half the time Forrest was. Like I said, Jamesy had a wee spell where he was trying to make things happen but it didn’t last long.

8. john2061

Don't mind getting beat if the players gave 100% but that today was beyond *.
    Just 2 shots on target for the whole game and got our first corner near the end of the match .

buchanbhoy likes this.
  9. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What are you on about man! We won the possession stats

We got more passes than them, held the ball longer .. blah , blah *' blah

10. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    All the blah blah stats mean nothing when you have 2 shots on target and they score the only goal .
    They wanted the win more than us , we were * yesterday .
    End of move on to the next game .

11. joemc

Question , did anyone find the way they played against us horrible to watch ,reason being if they can do that to nulify us then using that system in europe can help keep us in games against much better opposition ,i dont think it was horrible the way they played tbh , they stopped us creating and had chances when we lost possession,you cant ask for more ,yeh against evenly matched teams, play our normal game by all means ,we should be a bit more flexible and adapt our game to suit the circumstance ,sometimes our style in europe is akin to trying to stop an all conquering army with soldiers with wooden guns .

12. ddub11

I think most people on here would agree that we dont seem to have to many different ways of playing.
    For me it seems its an attacking style of play no matter who we play against,this can be entertaining but there are times when its just not the style of football that we should play(against the bigger teams in Europe).

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  13. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    It was a day and pitch for going direct on,players didn't look like they fancied it and struggled to turn.
    not slow build up play from the back and then side to side would have took something special to win it like a free kick or a thunder shot such as griffiths would have produced.
    We should have started with Eduoard & Moussa.

14. Jonybhoy

* me someone with a bit a sense on here

15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

There’s nothing more frustrating than Sinclair, Forrest, Hayes or Roberts not taking on defenders.

On the other hand there’s nothing more exciting than seeing them running at defenders.

Wish they’d do it more, because they are more than capable.

Haven’t seen Musonda enough to judge his tendencies yet.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  16. ddub11

Rodgers has lost the team. We have been playing * for to many games now and thats down to the manager. He can longer motivate them to win games and other teams have worked out how to play us and the manager has no plan b. I have said before regardless of who plays on the pitch our performances are the same ..*. If rodgers can not fix it then he has to go .

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Why did you bump this thread ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.