1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    All done by a squad that was assembled by ronny deila guy was honking in transfer market brought a guy in who * our whole recruitment process got in the ear of youth players and got the agents he is with tied to them

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    His dad seems like a massive * tbh was he no running about when Tierney was ten saying this is the future of celtic football club..... Aye for two seasons *.... Should be thanking lawell tbh if he had his way Tierney would be stuck at Everton not arsenal

3. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Totally 100% agree mate, loved Henrik, and was delighted for him when he set up 2 goals to win champions league and was always nice if I saw him scoring on match of the day for man United and when he turns up for benefit matches for Celtic great to see guys like him and lubo,but certainly didn’t go out my way to watch him once he left Celtic

A know some people ( Celtic fans)who ran buses to watch him at old Trafford, each to their own but find that a wee bit like teenage pop idolising.

Had great times watching him in the hoops but end of the day only a normal guy

4. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    What if it was his dream job in the same way that KT playing for Celtic was his dream job? Lots of people talk lots of *. They may still choose to move on for a variety of reasons which the masses seem is okay to accept if it is Tierney but somehow it’s ridiculous if it is Rodgers.

Effectively, the same rationale which is being used to justify KT leaving was the same that was used to lambast Rodgers.

We were 8 points clear at that point and as the song goes “Scott Brown won the league at Rugby Park.” I could never justify the timing of his departure but I don’t doubt that he knew Lennon was available and it would’ve been more damaging given the time constraints if he left in the summer.

We all knew he was on the cusp of leaving, hence, the Green Brigade banner, “If you don’t back him, you’ll lose him.”

Ewang83 and aliceinsound like this.
  5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    A remember seeing that video, spose they deserved to get slated after losing to Ross county in semifinals, and I know in his case he turned out to be right to an extent but nothing worse than some dad guy bumming on about how great their son is

6. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Odsonne Edouard and Olivier Ntcham are two of the most gifted players we have had in this decade. Scott Sinclair is our 4th top goalscorer in the 8IAR era ahead of Gary Hooper. Rodgers developed our 2 most expensive players to the tune of £45m.

Everyone talks about how good NL is at finding players but folk forget that for every VVD and Hooper that Lennon signed he also signed a Mouyokolo and Bangura. It’s the way of the model.

The board were very restrictive in the transfer market as usual. Hence the Green Brigade banner a few months before his departure:

“If you don’t back him. You’ll lose him.”

Let’s not try and rewrite history at this point because most of us were thinking the same thing.

7. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    In
    in all honesty I wouldn’t put Tierney in the same bracket as the snake but at the same time , boy knows he’s a cracking player and top teams would be interested yet
    Saying in umpteen Celtic tv interviews, “ aw my friends wore English team tops all i wore was the hoops, I’m living the dream, not interested in any other team, could definitely be a 1 club man ,a future captain “

Then first decent bid and he’s offski, talk is cheap and certainly good luck to him but aw ‘tis

“ thanks for the memories KT, knock them out in England, we will miss you so much I’m so upset “

Why he’s certainly not upset

Jo-Jo-Buffon and Maestro 08 like this.
  8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Yeah mate and folk forget for every dembele there was a commper, Henry, koussai, benyu de vries, gamboa, Musonda

9. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Absolutely nobody on here forgets that.

People certainly forget the Derk Boerigter but cannot seem to forget the Marvin Compper. At least Compper was cheaper...

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It wasn't his dream job. He's a lying *. He'd never been to Celtic Park then went to England at 16 and never went for year's and year's after that either. He simply came from a Celtic supporting family and that is it..

Was it KT's dream to play for Celtic as a kid? I don't doubt that for a second..

Aye KT leaving in a summer transfer window whilst still injured for another week month's when Arsenal's window was about to shut is the same as our manager leaving whilst still I'm a battle for the league and cup....when his club was playing for nothing and happy to wait til the summer.....trying to take everyone with him. Aye, sounds the same mate..

The GB did say that but little did we all know the relationship between his self and Lawwell was untenable. He wanted to go before and we can say it's all rumours but Dembele has been pretty vocal since leaving about the rat. I think it's obvious he was wanting to do the off and subsequently relationships at the club were strained....to the point he and Congerton were completely * off about our transfer dealings.....which he later admitted with some of our signings..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  11. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Boerrigter was a poor signing but he actually played 16 games for Celtic, commper got 16 minutes

12. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Do we actually know if Leicester would wait to the summer? I very much doubt they would’ve given the EPL environment.

I don’t think Rodgers ever insinuated that he was as big a fan as KT. I always knew Rodgers was never an ‘Uber fan’ in the same way KT or me and you are.

KT and Rodgers leaving are different situations
    but with some commonalities. For example, a lot of people are saying that it is okay for KT to go “to test himself” and “to make money”. Yet when it is Rodgers he is “chasing money” and “wants to goto mediocrity”. Why is the language so different? Leicester are probably top 8 in the EPL given their money and infrastructure.

You were suggesting that the Lawwell and Rodgers relationship was strained but who is the common denominator here? He’s not the first manager who has left given the lack of reinvestment in the playing squad.

Don’t know why so much time is given to Dembele’s comments given the fact that he wanted to jump ship far earlier than Rodgers...

13. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    After watching the pish they played on Saturday might be wishing they hadn’t bothered
    Did brilliant domestically in Scotland in his 2 and a bit season, anyone that denies that is kidding themselves but was the worst competition in Scottish history first 2, years

Any Leicester fan that thinks he’s taking them top 6 is in for a rude awakening

14. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    This year Rodgers will do ok/well ...after that it will fall apart.
    He always seems to get off to a good start at new clubs...then his whole persona wears off in dramatic style.

He gets found out fairly quickly.

15. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Rodgers made his intentions clear the previous summer, hence the meeting in London between Pete/DD and rodgers (remember the China interest). Anyone who believes a word that comes out of br's mouth either hasn't been paying attention, to what we now know, or they are on the wind up.

16. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Regulatory Story
    Celtic PLC - CCP
    Record player transfer
    Released 16:45 08-Aug-2019
    [​IMG]

RNS Number : 4694I
    Celtic PLC
    08 August 2019

08 August 2019

CELTIC PLC

("Celtic" or the "Club")

Record player transfer

Celtic plc confirms it has agreed to permanently transfer the registration of Kieran Tierney to Arsenal Football Club for a record single amount of £25m.

Enquiries:

Celtic PLC

Michael Nicholson, Company Secretary

0141 551 4298

Canaccord Genuity Limited

Simon Bridges, Nominated Adviser

Richard Andrews

020 7523 8350

The information contained within this announcement is deemed to constitute inside information as stipulated under the Market Abuse Regulations (EU) No. 596/2014. Upon the publication of this announcement, this inside information is now considered to be in the public domain.

This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact rns@lseg.com or visit www.rns.com.

END

MSCCKFDQPBKDBFK

CLOSE

London Stock Exchange plc is not responsible for and does not check content on this Website. Website users are responsible for checking content. Any news item (including any prospectus) which is addressed solely to the persons and countries specified therein should not be relied upon other than by such persons and/or outside the specified countries. Terms and conditions, including restrictions on use and distribution apply.
    ©2014 London Stock Exchange plc. All rights reserved

Fontaine likes this.
  17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Anybody know what the difference in share price was before and after the transfer reckon if we make CL groups it will be the highest its ever been

18. Goggzy60

The difference being KT waited until the season was over and let's be serious Arsenal are a bigger team than us and he would actually be challenging in Europe with them.

The Rat QUIT when we were chasing the treble treble and 8IAR which would have left him as a legend to join Leicester who are 100% a Smaller club than ours and would be lucky to get European football.

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Also the rat * had already previous "tested" in that league so the desire and passion to do that again shouldn't have been as high, specially not to walk out during a league campaign or to a lesser club where achievements are going to be nil.

KT has moved to a top 6 EPL club, bigger than us (they are) and next step up is to a club that could literally compete for the champions League.

Rodgers went to a club who will bounce around mid table, and more likely to fight relegation than fight for a European spot.
    Rodgers has also always hinted towards eventually going bigger again, and you'd think if he was to have left us it would have been to chase something fresh, such as a challenge in Spain, which even to a mid table club there would have been seen as a good career step, had he done it during the close season.

Tierney is just another player who has given his all and helped us in a long period of great success and he has done so with great pride and passion.

The only negative to Tierney leaving is that we won't see him be the guy to lead us to ten (along with brown). That's what sticks/annoys me and I think most folk, but that is his choice. Tierney leaving won't prevent us being able to do that, * the money received should help that cause. But he's left before it happens and for that he won't go down as a club legend as we believed he could have went on to become. An icon sure, a member of the treble treble, the same as lustig goes down, or even the memory of a Samaras etc.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

20. Goggzy60

Yeah that's a negative but I believe KT may come back in maybe 8-10 years time, and I will be ecstatic for that. If KT was sold in January I would maybe be * about it but he didn't he left while injured and before our season began.

Peej likes this.